18 Aug: Qualifiers: Toronto Wolfpack v Hull Kingston Rovers KO 7.30pm (UK Time) (TV)

Who will win?  

81 members have voted

1. 1. Who will win?

• Toronto Wolfpack
    • Hull Kingston Rovers
    • Draw

This poll is closed to new votes

• Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.
  • Poll closed on 18/08/18 at 18:30

• Replies 262
  • Created
  • Last Reply
4 hours ago, HKR AWAY DAYS said:

We'll win well. You can't keep saying we're missing Addy and Minns. The latter isn't even our player.

:lol:

Be off with you young man, coming on here with your common sense and facts.

We like Steve's take on all things Hull KR, It's far more entertaining.

Hull FC....The Sons of God...
                                                                     (Well, we are about to be crucified on Good Friday)

I think Hull KR will win and win well. They have much more experience of fighting their way out of the  Championship, and of course, have their experience of  fighting for survival in SuperLeague, too. Better coach, too. 

5 hours ago, HKR AWAY DAYS said:

We'll win well. You can't keep saying we're missing Addy and Minns. The latter isn't even our player.

Of course Minns has gone and Lawler and Addy have been out all season. That is the point,we have moved on. Our big brothers still think they are martyrs to injury.

1 hour ago, The Hallucinating Goose said:

I stopped going fishing when it got to the point that I seemed to just be catching eels and discarded dobbins shirts all the time. Annoying little things, all long and slippery and just wrap themselves round your line and then you have a devil shifting them...

Maybe find a hobby or get laid or something ?

This will be the first time I attend a Wolfpack game expecting them to lose. I think they are capable of winning, especially if they can maintain their discipline, but to me a HKR win is more likely. Losing Matty and Liam last week hurts deeply, though it sounds like MCB will be a great addition to offset those losses somewhat.

Looking forward to a great game, and excited to host our first visitors from Super League, and their fans!

53 minutes ago, John WP Fan said:

This will be the first time I attend a Wolfpack game expecting them to lose. I think they are capable of winning, especially if they can maintain their discipline, but to me a HKR win is more likely. Losing Matty and Liam last week hurts deeply, though it sounds like MCB will be a great addition to offset those losses somewhat.

Looking forward to a great game, and excited to host our first visitors from Super League, and their fans!

Don't lose hope yet John we are going to win this one...Bussey will pull this one out of the fire for us.  We have been waiting for this very game at this very time...I think we will do it!   Its a big game no doubt.

1 minute ago, Kayakman said:

Don't lose hope yet John we are going to win this one...Bussey will pull this one out of the fire for us.  We have been waiting for this very game at this very time...I think we will do it!   Its a big game no doubt.

I have plenty of hope and I think we CAN win. But I think the odds of that are below 50% for the first time of any game I have attended (we were underdogs each time we played a SL team in the Challenge Cup, and perhaps underdogs when we beat London Broncos in the Cup last year).

I am actually celebrating this! It's not as much fun when you pretty much know you will win every game. Tougher competition makes things much better.

Just now, John WP Fan said:

I have plenty of hope and I think we CAN win. But I think the odds of that are below 50% for the first time of any game I have attended (we were underdogs each time we played a SL team in the Challenge Cup, and perhaps underdogs when we beat London Broncos in the Cup last year).

I am actually celebrating this! It's not as much fun when you pretty much know you will win every game. Tougher competition makes things much better.

Well its always good to cheer for the underwolf....the rubber hits the pavement for me on this game...it will give us a true indication of exactly where we are as a club....ticket sales are brisk.

Ya 9600 and the beer garden holds quite a few but not much of actual standing areas though except around the stadium and alot do wander around during the game.  I figure if we can get 9000 that would be just great for the stage we are at right now.  Might be more though...hoping.

32 minutes ago, Denton Rovers RLFC said:

Isn't 9600 just the seated areas though, you have quite a large 'beer' and standing area no?

Any extra capacity would be from the VIP section behind the opposite end zone, not the beer garden. Beer garden entrants have a ticket that gets them into one of the two stands.

Been away for awhile due to work.  My first comment in some time although I have checked the forum on my phone when I could.

I am surprised no Olsi Krasniqi in the lineup as he is a quality player and I am not aware of any poor performances since he joined the team.  He is a SL quality player so wonder why he is not in the lineup?  I am a bit surprised Busey is not in the lineup since he is not easy to take down and tough defensively although i have been concerned about dirty play in the past, but even more surprised Matty Russel is not playing given his quality and past experience.

I hope Darcy Lussick, Josh McCrone and Ashton Sims all step up their game - I have been underwhelmed by all of them to date. I want to see Lussick get FFMM yards per carry - that is why he was brought here and I don't think he is living up to it.  I also thought Sims would be better ball in hand then he has - he gets hit and drops usually IMHO.

I am clueless as to why we are playing Gary Wheeler.

Chase Stanley has been IMHO one of the best acquisitions - his joy on the field is obvious, his level of play excellent both ways - he is definitely SL quality.

Its the job of the captain to keep the team both motivated and inline on the field.  If they start getting loose or uppity he is the one on the spot who has to put a stopper on it.  If he can't then he does not deserve the job.  IMHO the jury is still out on Sims - he talks a good talk and interview, but I want onfield leadership, not sound bites.  Control the players and make them toe the line or kick their asses.

Although TWP ended up getting hammered in the Cup by Warrington they were dominant for the first half until it fell apart, and I felt the ref contributed to that - part of me thought SL was attempting to channel a message in that game.  Well that is past and done and not worth rehashing, but TWP if they come out on all cylinders firing can win this one big. Play smart and play tough and they have what it takes to win this one.

I just don't know enough about Hull KR to say much more.

I saw the game with Natalie in the booth along with Brian mid season and I thought they did a much better job then most of the games called since then even though Natalie was still learning the ropes.   Brian does a good job of calling a spade IMHO and is quite funny as well.  I could understand Natalie which was a pleasant change plus she came across well.  Some of the combos since then have been "put one to sleep" dreadful - truly tedious and boring.   There was a fellow last year, Canadian but lives in the UK (Dave?) who was great in the one game he called - he did some sideline work in other games - what happened to him?  Put him with Natalie please as I can understand there is a perceived conflict of interest with Brian calling although Mr Noble is far too ethical IMHO to not call it as he sees it.

I think TWP has enough to progress to SL although my knickers will not be in a knot if they don't but to me they should.  It would be good for the sport if they do.

The 8's are very exciting this year - great for the sport I think and it seems attendances are trending positive.  I hope TO and London can surprise and make the leap as well - it would be a very good for RL if they do although London needs a much better field.

A lot of money in NA is currently sitting on the sidelines while waiting to see what SL does - SL has really made a mess of things from a management perspective - I already know of some potential bids that have walked as they perceived them to be mickey mouse (I retain many of my high level finance connections from my corporate banking days although that is not my life anymore but word gets around).  TWP  is something being watched very closely.

Not sure when I will get to return to comment further and sometimes the same old back and forth on the forum from the usual suspects that I did view is not very insprirational but I do love the game and retain hope....

19 hours ago, Kayakman said:

Hi K'man just felt I needed to comment on your suggestion re Mr. Bussey, , please forgive me, I know that you write with passion but I feel you are exhibiting your lack of practical expierience in believing that he is a potential matchwinner, in previous games when TWP have been domineering against very inferior oposition Mr Bussey will look good, he may break tackles and domineer those he can 'bully' in defence, but he walks a tight line and can be a liabillity to the team, I doubt he will play long minutes in this game if he is selected at all.

If you do make it to SL I expect his days in Canada will be somewhat numbered, there will be in my opinion a few who will become surplus to requirement and will be replaced in your team, I would expect him to be at the very top of that list

Archived