York away

moorside roughyed

• Replies 58
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I'm really looking forward to it.  We've got three matches coming up and we have to be aiming for at least two wins out of three.  York away is undoubtedly the toughest of the three games — Bulls at home and Skolars away are the other two.

York are plugging the old War of the Roses theme and they are hoping for a 2000+ crowd.  There's a real buzz about the club and they genuinely believe it's their year.

Can we win?  Yes we can.  York had a tight game up at Workington on Sunday and could consider themselves fortunate to come away with the win.  They'll fully expect to beat us at Bootham Crescent but if Oldham turn up in the right frame of mind, we could become party-poopers.

It'd be great for any Oldham supporters to make the trip.  It's not too far for me but it's a pretty straightforward journey from the Lancashire side of the Pennines.

I used to work in York and my daughter lived there for a while so I'm quite fond of the place.  Nevertheless, I'm hoping we can carry out a cross-border raid for the two points. 

We should have beat York at Whitebank. What we must make sure is we play the ball quickly. The Knights were experts at slowing the play down every time we gained momentum in that game. Whenever we got on a roll there seemed to be a York player in back play with an head injury, which the referee stopped the game for.

If we play to our full potential we can give the Kneets a real game, if we switch off for periods which we are prone to do we will get hammered.

Even though York were the first visitors of the season to the Vestacare it was the game of the season for me, I said after that game York were the best side we will see this year and I haven't changed my mind on that. Everything about their club has been brilliant,marketing exceptional,on the pitch superb.

Massive ask for us to go to their back yard and win,but after a disappointing season for us overall it wouldn't surprise me if we suddenly clicked into gear and pulled off a win ?

No real expectations from me on this game, all I hope is we go there and perform well and show we can compete with the top sides.

Looking forward to visiting Bootham Crescent and the lovely city of York. Safe travels to all Yeds heading over the hill.

They are the yardstick in this league for me too. Not just in how they've played but how they have rebuilt and gathered momentum. 

Our lads can give them a real game, but we'll have to be on our game. Who knows we might even nick a result you never know. 

York fully deserve to go up I think though. 

17 minutes ago, wilsontown said:

You don't really want to win this, it's the Bradford game you want to win.

Well, in the interests of entertainment, if we could win one out of two, I'd win against York.  The top two would end up on the same points and it'd be squeaky bum time on the last day. 

We have to play our last game of the season a day early and we could be left watching the results come in on the Sunday to see if we managed to get a play-off place.  If we have to suffer, I think we should share the stress load around :)

Of course I'm becoming resigned to the fact that the league restructure proposal will become reality on the Friday before we play Bradford.  That'll mean York and Bradford will be instantly promoted, we'll then most likely get a play off place and everybody is happy.

Maybe Bradford will play an illegible player in their last game and be deducted six points so that the RFL have to promote the top 8 in the league to get Bulls promoted.  Just kidding.  (not really).;)

I don't think even Mystic Meg could predict how this match will go but I hope the Yeds stay switched on and reward all you long suffering supporters with a win. You certainly deserve it. Let's hope for a result that doesn't bring the trolls back out of their caves.

While you're in York, maybe the Roughyeds elusive marketing person could get some tips from his/her Knights counterpart. Just a thought ?

Come on you Yeds, do it for your amazing supporters

Safe journey to all of you travelling across.

Its £15 adults, £10 concessions and Under 16s are free. You can pay on the turnstile, however if you prefer to pay by card just pop into the club shop and we'll help as we can process card payments in there. 

The club shop is just inside the main gates, you can't miss it. We have merchandise in there, if any of you collect pin badges we have a handful left. We'll also be selling programmes both in there and outside near the turnstiles - I've tried to give you a good write up in the programme :)

There's no car park at the ground, there is some free on street parking in the adjacent streets but get there early as I am expecting a crowd of 1500+

Otherwise a few people park at the hospital (5min walk away), details and the voucher you'll need to print off is in this thread:

I've printed off a few extra vouchers so again if you get stuck quickly pop into the club shop and I'll give you a voucher and direct you to the hospital car park.

Should be a good game, I'm going for York by 14, Att 1650.

2 minutes ago, moorside roughyed said:

You never know, no-one give us a chance against hull kr a couple of years ago but look what happened.

According to some rival fans, you're playing Hull KR today as well!

4 minutes ago, moorside roughyed said:

So we're playing for a superleague place then?.Oh and we're playing York too. That's clever isn't it.?

An even bigger match now!

Dual Reg is a completely different topic, just amuses me the way some rival fans go on, you'd think York have fielded the entire KR team. We've actually had 35 appearances by DR players over 23 rounds, there were a few snide comments by the Workington lot last Sunday but they themselves have used 26 on DR.

Archived