Salford selling off their pack

DG70

Burgess retired nothing Salford could do about that.

Hauraki was swapped for 2 players from Widnes and that looks like a good bit of business.

Levi has played about 2 games and didn't look comfortable. Tasi is at best a squad player and probably expensive. Tungut is probably like for like swap.

Lannon I am sorry to see go, product of the academy and just coming to his best years.

Koppy looked as if he was retiring after the last game, but will be hard to replace.

Griffin is an odd one, it feels like he gives away loads of penalties or drops the ball. may be mistaken.

I'll wait to see who comes in first.

Think we have a surplus of hookers too so expect some movement there.

1 hour ago, DG70 said:

Tasi,Burgess,Lannon,Hauraki,Levi gone,Kopzcak,Griffin rumoured to be next,are they just cutting their cloth accordingly or are they lining up a few upgrades? 

Rumour of Flanagan going to Leeds too, although he has seemingly been injured a lot recently. Good player when he's not

1 hour ago, deluded pom? said:

I thought Hauraki was going to Hull KR?

He is but we offloaded him to Widnes first, in a swap for Burke and Chamberlain

Flanagan is a workhouse, and is under rated workload wise. A number of players are showing their age with more injuries. Not sure Mossop has many years left.

28 minutes ago, Red Willow said:

He is but we offloaded him to Widnes first, in a swap for Burke and Chamberlain

Flanagan is a workhouse, and is under rated workload wise. A number of players are showing their age with more injuries. Not sure Mossop has many years left.

An absolutely great bit of business by Salford.   Not sure what Widnes were actually thinking at the time, we were short on props and had no cover at Centre (with Inu out injured at the time I think) so exchanged one of each to add another second rower to our squad.  Can't remember if that was Betts or Cummins who did that.  Ian Watson must have been laughing his head off when approached

1 hour ago, Spidey said:

An absolutely great bit of business by Salford.   Not sure what Widnes were actually thinking at the time, we were short on props and had no cover at Centre (with Inu out injured at the time I think) so exchanged one of each to add another second rower to our squad.  Can't remember if that was Betts or Cummins who did that.  Ian Watson must have been laughing his head off when approached

One of the worst decisions ever!

Along with getting rid of Betts when they did, putting Cummings in charge as Interim Coach, and signing Grandad Liam Finn!

Widnes - Cheshire's Original Glamour Club.

33 minutes ago, Bomb Jack said:

One of the worst decisions ever!

Along with getting rid of Betts when they did, putting Cummings in charge as Interim Coach, and signing Grandad Liam Finn!

I used to like Liam Finn, probably one season too many (see Heremaia) now I realise why he wasn’t getting a game for Wakefield 

21 minutes ago, Spidey said:

I used to like Liam Finn, probably one season too many (see Heremaia) now I realise why he wasn’t getting a game for Wakefield 

Yup there is usually a reason and we knew Finny was a bit past it - funny how coaches don't see it.

In defence of Finn I'm not sure what he was expected to do as the team was pretty much beyond redemption - not sure Wally Lewis could have saved you. Also Finn creates and needs to know his team so an end of season panic was not really the best environment for him.

Salford got it right.

2 hours ago, Private Baldrick said:

Don't worry, they are going to promote from within, They will be blooding some of their reserve and acada...............oops! Oh dear!

As you say, they might promote from within. I'm sure a keen Salford watcher like yourself will be fully aware that the club aren't letting the current lack of a senior academy become too big a problem, and have been bringing some players through from the education academy to train with the first team, and also appear to have been sending one or two out to guest with Wigan's reserves.

6 hours ago, East Coast Tiger said:

They’re giving Hastings half the cap and copying the Leigh plan of fieldng 10 players. Shrewd.

They only have to avoid bottom spot next year so may as well wait until they can buy the Tongan national team to guest for the last four game and play as Salford Amateurs for the first 23. Expect Eccles, Cadishead, Irlam and few other local clubs to be men short until August.

030910105148.jpg

http://www.wiganstpats.org

Producing Players Since 1910

9 hours ago, DG70 said:

Tasi,Burgess,Lannon,Hauraki,Levi gone,Kopzcak,Griffin rumoured to be next,are they just cutting their cloth accordingly or are they lining up a few upgrades? 

Welhams moved back to Hull months ago aswel. Couldnt settle in Salford. He's lookin for a more local club, Wakefield favourites to sign him

39 minutes ago, Hullfan said:

Welhams moved back to Hull months ago aswel. Couldnt settle in Salford. He's lookin for a more local club, Wakefield favourites to sign him

I'd be utterly amazed (and dismayed), if Wakey signed the dismal Welham!

We have 3 centres who he couldn't come near to displacing, in Tupou, Lyne and Arundel.

7 minutes ago, dboy said:

We have 3 centres who he couldn't come near to displacing, in Tupou, Lyne and Arundel.

Probably the Ladies team.  More likely just a bit of thread bait.

This world was never meant for one as beautiful as me.

Wakefield Trinity RLFC
2012 - 2014 "The wasted years"

2013, 2014 & 2015 Official Magic Weekend "Whipping Boys"

2017 - The year the dream disappeared under Grix's left foot.

2018 - The FinniChezz Bromance 

2019 - The Return of the Prodigal Son

8 hours ago, dboy said:

I agree however its just what's been spoken about around these parts

Archived