Jump to content
Total Rugby League Fans Forum
Sign in to follow this  
Blind side johnny

NZ Test Series - ticket sales

Recommended Posts

16 minutes ago, Denton Rovers RLFC said:

Tickets were already cheap for concessions, christ, I paid less for mater and pater than it costs for the same seat at Hull anyways, further reducing prices has proven time and time again not to be a solution of any kind, particularly not to encourage last minute sales when folk have as you mention, already planned what they might be doing.

Then again, it is Elland Road, that famous historic stadium that will make people want to go no matter what the event is so we've nothing to worry about ... 

RFL should take a stand and say there are never going to be reduced tickets ever again for those buying last minute, discounts for early bird buyers only and say of bought in non heartland community clubs.

This isn't marketing by the RFL, it's desperate unthinking tactics that will fail every single time.

There hasn't been any last minute deals for this series to be fair.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
45 minutes ago, Dave T said:

I've taken freebies or discounted tickets for events with a days notice. But I agree it should be done before now (and hopefully has). 

To be fair to the RFL, the game would have sold out had it been a deciding test. But the team delivered and, Rugby League fans being what they are, they are left with the upper tier not sold. So they couldn't realistically make a call before last weekend and into this week to see how the rate of sales went after Sunday.

  • Like 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Just now, M j M said:

To be fair to the RFL, the game would have sold out had it been a deciding test. But the team delivered and, Rugby League fans being what they are, they are left with the upper tier not sold. So they couldn't realistically make a call before last weekend and into this week to see how the rate of sales went after Sunday.

Had they got 40k at Anfield, 24k at 30k at Leeds that would have been progress on last series. Had we gone to a decider we would have broken the 100k mark. Im not too critical of the Leeds effort. As much as I dislike the ground, it does have a long track record of delivering crowds and will do so again.

My point on schools strategy is that they should form a BAU part of RLs sales approach.

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 hours ago, Denton Rovers RLFC said:

Tickets were already cheap for concessions, christ, I paid less for mater and pater than it costs for the same seat at Hull anyways, further reducing prices has proven time and time again not to be a solution of any kind, particularly not to encourage last minute sales when folk have as you mention, already planned what they might be doing.

Then again, it is Elland Road, that famous historic stadium that will make people want to go no matter what the event is so we've nothing to worry about ... 

RFL should take a stand and say there are never going to be reduced tickets ever again for those buying last minute, discounts for early bird buyers only and say of bought in non heartland community clubs.

This isn't marketing by the RFL, it's desperate unthinking tactics that will fail every single time.

All the time spent dicking around with opening and closing tiers, changing pricing on the run, having emergency meetings etc. Just open the whole stadium from day 1, keep the pricing set, promote the hell out of it, partner with media orgs, and as a contingency offer discount codes to schools/junior teams. Get all RL clubs on board as selling agents, with a % of each sale retained by the club. 

  • Like 4

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
3 hours ago, Dave T said:

There hasn't been any last minute deals for this series to be fair.

Saw a last minute offer on Twitter today selling tickets for £7.50 to Leeds Uni students.


Nottingham Outlaws Rugby League

Harry Jepson Winners 2008

RLC Midlands Premier Champions 2006 & 2008

East Midlands Challenge Cup Winners 2005, 2006, 2007 & 2008

Rotterdam International 9's Cup Winners 2005

RLC North Midlands Champions 2003 & 2004

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
25 minutes ago, Odsal Outlaw said:

Saw a last minute offer on Twitter today selling tickets for £7.50 to Leeds Uni students.

Is that an RFL offer or a Leeds Uni offer?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
3 hours ago, parklandswolf said:

L38 has re-opened but still greyed out

So now to add to the excitement they have organised a treasure hunt where there are tickets available but its up to the supporters to find out where they are!!! Flawless plan, this will bring in the peripheral fans. 

  • Like 1
  • Haha 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Re:concessions. These don't apply  to all seats.  Generally,  they seem not to be available for the more expensive seats with better views. Thus I paid three times as much for Anfield tickets compared with Kcom tickets.

Edited by JohnM

Four legs good - two legs bad

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
7 minutes ago, Jim Prendle said:

47 pages and still growing.

Longer even than the threads about the actual test matches.

Dear me.

Yeah but this thread is about the sales from all 3 tests. If you add up the pages from the match threads you get 79 and still growing. 

  • Haha 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
10 hours ago, Dave T said:

Is that an RFL offer or a Leeds Uni offer?

Isn't that just a concession price (£12.50) minus £5 so similar to other "last minute" offers that happened last week

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
12 minutes ago, Spidey said:

Isn't that just a concession price (£12.50) minus £5 so similar to other "last minute" offers that happened last week

Who knows, the £5 player offer last week appeared to be no more than the exact same offer that the general public could get (otherwise it would have been pushed as a tenner off, surely?). When I asked Mick for clarification, he ignored it. 

Im not sure whether offers can be applied onto other concession offers.

But I would always expect this kind of offer to be going on with local education authorities, councils, businesses etc, it's what I referred to a few posts back.

What these kind of offers aren't is public offers that upset the general public and undermine your sales strategy.

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
10 hours ago, Dave T said:

Is that an RFL offer or a Leeds Uni offer?

Not sure actually.


Nottingham Outlaws Rugby League

Harry Jepson Winners 2008

RLC Midlands Premier Champions 2006 & 2008

East Midlands Challenge Cup Winners 2005, 2006, 2007 & 2008

Rotterdam International 9's Cup Winners 2005

RLC North Midlands Champions 2003 & 2004

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, Dave T said:

Who knows, the £5 player offer last week appeared to be no more than the exact same offer that the general public could get (otherwise it would have been pushed as a tenner off, surely?). When I asked Mick for clarification, he ignored it. 

Im not sure whether offers can be applied onto other concession offers.

But I would always expect this kind of offer to be going on with local education authorities, councils, businesses etc, it's what I referred to a few posts back.

What these kind of offers aren't is public offers that upset the general public and undermine your sales strategy.

 

1 hour ago, Odsal Outlaw said:

Not sure actually.

There's 6 of us going from Leeds Uni and we got concession tickets plus ourLeague discount before any new offer came about.

I guess they're trying to see if they can fill the top tier with that market?

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
3 minutes ago, Tommygilf said:

 

There's 6 of us going from Leeds Uni and we got concession tickets plus ourLeague discount before any new offer came about.

I guess they're trying to see if they can fill the top tier with that market?

So the fiver off would appear to just be the OurLeague £5 discount packaged up in different ways.

It is interesting that despite 30k empty seats at Anfield, they didn't do these flash sales that people claim they always do. Surely that would have been an event that you would absolutely do it for.

Maybe they are working on getting away from that approach? That may lead to short term pain.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 hours ago, The Hallucinating Goose said:

Yeah but this thread is about the sales from all 3 tests. If you add up the pages from the match threads you get 79 and still growing. 

Marvellous. 

So the games themselves are less than half as interesting as the crowd numbers.

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
5 minutes ago, Tommygilf said:

 

There's 6 of us going from Leeds Uni and we got concession tickets plus ourLeague discount before any new offer came about.

I guess they're trying to see if they can fill the top tier with that market?

Are you in the top tier? If so, which block? 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 minute ago, Dave T said:

So the fiver off would appear to just be the OurLeague £5 discount packaged up in different ways.

It is interesting that despite 30k empty seats at Anfield, they didn't do these flash sales that people claim they always do. Surely that would have been an event that you would absolutely do it for.

Maybe they are working on getting away from that approach? That may lead to short term pain.

Yeah exactly what I thought. But with a constant eye on 2021 it has to be done now.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 hours ago, Jim Prendle said:

47 pages and still growing.

Longer even than the threads about the actual test matches.

Dear me.

and you added to it (oh and me!!) To be fair some pages were about travel and how we market the national game, which is what a lot of the discussion has been about, is pretty important. Its interesting to follow the discussion as its gone from despair and disaster to more optimism and success.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 minutes ago, GeordieSaint said:

Are you in the top tier? If so, which block? 

We're in the North (Revie) Stand mate. Top tier wasn't on sale at the time.

  • Thanks 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
3 minutes ago, EssexRL said:

and you added to it (oh and me!!) To be fair some pages were about travel and how we market the national game, which is what a lot of the discussion has been about, is pretty important. Its interesting to follow the discussion as its gone from despair and disaster to more optimism and success.

Don't worry mate, this is RL, and we will very soon be spiralling back down into the pit of despair.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 minutes ago, Jim Prendle said:

Marvellous. 

So the games themselves are less than half as interesting as the crowd numbers.

 

If you're gonna be averaging the match page number over the games then you need to average the number for this thread as well. Also remember there are still about 30 match thread pages to go. Crowd numbers will end up only being about half as interesting! :D

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
4 minutes ago, Tommygilf said:

Yeah exactly what I thought. But with a constant eye on 2021 it has to be done now.

2021 is an interesting one. 2013 was a success on the back of crazy offers and dirt cheap pricing. And we filled modest grounds. To move to a more expensive model and increase crowds by over 50% would be an outstanding success - but a hell of a challenge.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

Sign in to follow this  

  • Recently Browsing   0 members

    No registered users viewing this page.



×
×
  • Create New...