Jump to content

Recommended Posts

Just now, Dunbar said:

That could well be so.

However with size and strength comes over contributions to the team.

Remember, on average Ryan Hall made the 2nd most metres per game for the Roosters last (after James Tedesco) and on average ranked 7th on tackle busts per game.

I will wait to see Hall play this year before I write him off as a has been. 

Ok then.

We have done this conversation before.

I watched all of Halls games at the Roosters and did not see how he made those Stats, he looked lacklustre and short of confidence IMO.

I predict this year will be like Sam Tomkins second year at the Warriors, injury riddled.

We shall see.

  • Confused 1

Talent is secondary to whether players are confident.

Link to post
Share on other sites

  • Replies 1.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Ryan Sutton outstanding for canberra this morning . Three men down , two of them forwards he stood up and put in a tremendous shift . Nice try from Williams , Hodgson was prominent , but the Raiders u

Hi. Canberran Australian here.  The 4 British players we have are incredible. We are so proud of these English boys.  Bateman, Hodgson and whitehead are incredible. World class players who a

Williams was great tonight!

Posted Images

3 minutes ago, Allora said:

I watched all of Halls games at the Roosters and did not see how he made those Stats, he looked lacklustre and short of confidence IMO.

He did make those stats because they are actual stats.

And imagine how good he will go when he gets his confidence and spark back if that is what he can offer while lacking confidence and lacklustre. 

  • Like 3
Link to post
Share on other sites
9 minutes ago, Dunbar said:

He did make those stats because they are actual stats.

And imagine how good he will go when he gets his confidence and spark back if that is what he can offer while lacking confidence and lacklustre. 

Of course they are real stats,to suggest otherwise is just ridiculous,however I think he'll need injury or suspension to  Morris or Tupou to be able to get back into the team.

 

Link to post
Share on other sites
5 minutes ago, Davo5 said:

Of course they are real stats,to suggest otherwise is just ridiculous,however I think he'll need injury or suspension to  Morris or Tupou to be able to get back into the team.

 

I'm sure that is the case, they are the incumbent wingers and if they play well Hall will have to bide his time to get a chance. Nothing wrong with that as he lost his place to Morris last year due to picking up an injury. 

The Roosters have three international class wingers and I am sure that is part of Robinson's squad management.

Link to post
Share on other sites
3 minutes ago, Dunbar said:

I'm sure that is the case, they are the incumbent wingers and if they play well Hall will have to bide his time to get a chance. Nothing wrong with that as he lost his place to Morris last year due to picking up an injury. 

The Roosters have three international class wingers and I am sure that is part of Robinson's squad management.

And all 3 have their own different attributes I'm pretty sure a great coach like Robinson didn't bring in Hall on the expectation he'd score length of the field tries for the Roosters.

Link to post
Share on other sites

Jack Bird's torn ACL, done in training and which puts him out for the season means that Herbie Farnworth is promoted to the bench for tomorrow's game against NQC. 

Bird's misfortune looks like giving the young Englishman plenty of game time in 2020.

Rotten luck again for Bird. He is quality but can he come back from a second ACL tear? 

Link to post
Share on other sites
9 minutes ago, Number 16 said:

Jack Bird's torn ACL, done in training and which puts him out for the season means that Herbie Farnworth is promoted to the bench for tomorrow's game against NQC. 

Bird's misfortune looks like giving the young Englishman plenty of game time in 2020.

Rotten luck again for Bird. He is quality but can he come back from a second ACL tear? 

Certainly does seem to have benefitted Farnworth although he'll have strong competition from Xavier Coates.

Link to post
Share on other sites

Coates is a winger, and is probably ahead of him in that position. But Farnworth offers a bit more utility value, so is a better option for the bench and isn't too far away from being the starting fullback now (as well as being in the mix for centre and wing). It remains to be seen if Isaako can cement the number 1, so Farnworth has opportunities ahead.

As for other Englishmen, Williams looks great for Canberra and I think Watkins is one of Gold Coast's better players (admittedly not too hard).

  • Like 1
Link to post
Share on other sites
17 minutes ago, Allora said:

George Williams had a really good game today.

 

I was quite happy with his first game. I think he got white line fever when he made the break and lost the ball on the line but overall if this is his first game the future looks good.

Edited by Copa
  • Like 2
Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, Copa said:

I was quite happy with his first game. I think he got white line fever when he made the break and lost the ball on the line but overall if this is his first game the future looks good.

Early days, considering the position he plays, but encouraging.

"Men will be proud to say 'I am a European'. We hope to see a day when men of every country will think as much of being a European as of being from their native land." (Winston Churchill)

Link to post
Share on other sites

I thought all the Brits looked ok today.

Whitehead was his usual solid self (he is so good we just expect him to be good!) and Hodgson bossed the Raiders around the park. 

Williams had a very decent debut while Watkins did ok with the ball he got and looked pretty sharp.

Edited by Dunbar
  • Like 2
Link to post
Share on other sites

Watkins certainly looked a step above his recent form. Let's hope the injuries are behind him.

  • Like 4

"Men will be proud to say 'I am a European'. We hope to see a day when men of every country will think as much of being a European as of being from their native land." (Winston Churchill)

Link to post
Share on other sites

Williams played 100% of his time under Wane as a dedicated left sided player whereas Lam had him popping up on the right occasionally. Given Stuart is playing his halves left and right with Williams on the right, it’ll take a while for him to settle in but the signs were promising. 


Don’t forget England’s main half and stand off options are almost all mainly left sided too (Widdop, Gale, Hastings, Truman etc) so an on form George on the right would be good for the national team.

Whitehead always looks good, Hodgson runs the Raiders very well, and Watkins looks sharp. A good start to the year for our boys. 

  • Like 5
Link to post
Share on other sites

Sticky should have felt vindicated in his decision to sign George WIlliams after his first game performance. If Williams can keep it up he will become a prominent talking point in the NRL, even though his halves partner Jack Wighton is the team's top player.

Edited by Manfred Mann
Link to post
Share on other sites
17 hours ago, Allora said:

George Williams had a really good game today.

 

That must have been really difficult for you to type.

  • Like 1
  • Haha 1

Formerly Alistair Boyd-Meaney

fifty thousand Poouunds from Keighley...weve had im gid."

3736-mipm.gif

MIPM Project Management and Business Solutions "

Discounts available for forum members contact me for details

Link to post
Share on other sites
13 hours ago, Mushy said:

Williams played 100% of his time under Wane as a dedicated left sided player whereas Lam had him popping up on the right occasionally. Given Stuart is playing his halves left and right with Williams on the right, it’ll take a while for him to settle in but the signs were promising. 


Don’t forget England’s main half and stand off options are almost all mainly left sided too (Widdop, Gale, Hastings, Truman etc) so an on form George on the right would be good for the national team.

Whitehead always looks good, Hodgson runs the Raiders very well, and Watkins looks sharp. A good start to the year for our boys. 

Great analysis.

Formerly Alistair Boyd-Meaney

fifty thousand Poouunds from Keighley...weve had im gid."

3736-mipm.gif

MIPM Project Management and Business Solutions "

Discounts available for forum members contact me for details

Link to post
Share on other sites

Bit of a shame Watkins is at the Titans, imagine playing outside a bunch of z graders in Taylor, Roberts & Cartwright fed by Peats and Rein. Those guys haven’t got a clue how to create space or put someone through a gap.

  • Like 3
  • Confused 1

Everything under the sun is in tune

But the sun is eclipsed by the moon

Link to post
Share on other sites
4 hours ago, Emosi Koloto said:

Bit of a shame Watkins is at the Titans, imagine playing outside a bunch of z graders in Taylor, Roberts & Cartwright fed by Peats and Rein. Those guys haven’t got a clue how to create space or put someone through a gap.

It's true. They got him clean early ball out wide maybe three times, and he caused problems each time. Cartwright got in the way every other time.

Link to post
Share on other sites
6 hours ago, Emosi Koloto said:

Bit of a shame Watkins is at the Titans, imagine playing outside a bunch of z graders in Taylor, Roberts & Cartwright fed by Peats and Rein. Those guys haven’t got a clue how to create space or put someone through a gap.

Maybe he went to the Titans because they were the only Club offering him a deal?
Same as Sam Tomkins going to the NZ Warriors because they were the only Club prepared to pay his wage demand and the “Transfer fee”

It can go either way, look at Ryan Hall goes to a top Club and may be a bit player at the Roosters. 

Edited by Allora

Talent is secondary to whether players are confident.

Link to post
Share on other sites
Just now, Allora said:

Maybe he went to the Titans because they were the only Club offering him a deal?
Same as Sam Burgess going to the NZ Warriors because they were the only Club prepared to pay his wage demand and the “Transfer fee”

It can go either way, look at Ryan Hall goes to a top Club and may be a bit player at the Roosters. 

We must have missed that one ?

  • Like 1
Link to post
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

  • Recently Browsing   0 members

    No registered users viewing this page.




×
×
  • Create New...