Luther Burrell (Merged Threads)

2 hours ago, DoubleD said:

The slight difference is that one is playing a different sport and the other is playing the same sport 

Wasn't to long ago that rugby league players came into their own around the 30 years of age mark.

Carlsberg don't do Soldiers, but if they did, they would probably be Brits.

http://www.pitchero....hornemarauders/

• Replies 238
  • Created
  • Last Reply
4 minutes ago, DoubleD said:

Except that he’s not a rugby league player 

He was up to being 15 and has played union at international level and his position is probably the easiest to master when switching codes.

18 minutes ago, Marauder said:

He was up to being 15 and has played union at international level and his position is probably the easiest to master when switching codes.

Not sure that is true. Centres in RU play a role quite different to how they do in RL. I'd say winger is just about the most transferable position between the two codes. 

1 minute ago, hunsletgreenandgold said:

Not sure that is true. Centres in RU play a role quite different to how they do in RL. I'd say winger is just about the most transferable position between the two codes. 

I actually thought he was a winger.

Just now, Marauder said:

I actually thought he was a winger.

Ah okay, that makes sense then, because yeah I agree that is the easiest position to play cross code. But no, Burrell is a centre - he was the one who, despite losing his own shirt in the team because of him, helped Sam Burgess out when he was playing centre in the England fold at the last RU World Cup. 

5 hours ago, absentee thoughtlord said:

*If* Wales win the Union World Cup this autumn then I fully expect one or two of the squad to get out of the car with Shaun Edwards at Wigan.

As long as Zak Hardaker doesn’t get out of the driver’s seat then I think we will all be relieved...

On 2/17/2019 at 6:21 PM, latchford albion said:

In talks with Warrington as a replacement for Atkins.

https://www.rugbypass.com/news/the-forgotten-17-stone-england-centre-weighing-up-a-super-league-switch

Can't say that I'm thrilled at the prospect.

If true he has guts for giving it a go.  Centre is a difficult position to play in if your defence and ability to read the game isn’t sound.  

He’ll get knocked about a bit too!

On 2/17/2019 at 8:52 PM, Oliver Clothesoff said:

Replacing a 33 year-old with a 31 year-old who hasn’t played Rugby League for at least fifteen/sixteen years stinks of nothing more than a publicity stunt to try and get some interest in the club from RU fans and nothing more. 

Surely his potential wage would be better spent upgrading contracts or emerging young players or going towards the signing of a proven Rugby League centre. 

Never heard of Luther Burrell. 

I have heard of Toby King. 

19 hours ago, Leeds Wire said:

Never heard of Luther Burrell. 

I have heard of Toby King. 

Today's not very interesting fact. Luther and Toby went to the same high school - both part of the legendary Huddersfield Rugby/RU player factory... ? 

Just now, ELBOWSEYE said:

Joins this season on completion of his Northampton duties around june/july.

Obviously using Kevin Brown dispensation. 

I wonder how much input Steve Price had in it. It doesn’t appear the sort of signing he would make and odd when it’s the halves that are a bigger issue

Just now, DoubleD said:

I wonder how much input Steve Price had in it. It doesn’t appear the sort of signing he would make and odd when it’s the halves that are a bigger issue

Just a hunch but I reckon England are going all out to win RLWC21 and Burrell won’t be the last English union player to switch 

Just now, Man of Kent said:

Just a hunch but I reckon England are going all out to win RLWC21 and Burrell won’t be the last English union player to switch 

So you think the RFL are partly behind it? I can’t see it as they haven’t got a pot to p!ss in. 

I wish Burrell well but I’d be amazed if he ever plays for England 

4 minutes ago, DoubleD said:

I agree with this. Warrington seemed to be really keen to make a big name RU signing, with all the chasing of Eastmond coming to nothing. I think it may be a Moran thing tbh.

1 minute ago, DoubleD said:

So you think the RFL are partly behind it? I can’t see it as they haven’t got a pot to p!ss in. 

I wish Burrell well but I’d be amazed if he ever plays for England 

I will be amazed if he ever plays for Thornhill, joke signing of the season surely

see you later undertaker - in a while necrophile 

1 minute ago, Dave T said:

I agree with this. Warrington seemed to be really keen to make a big name RU signing, with all the chasing of Eastmond coming to nothing. I think it may be a Moran thing tbh.

He looks a big unit and he has been brought up on league so not that big of a gamble. 

Archived