• Replies 208
  • Created
  • Last Reply
1 minute ago, Man of Kent said:

Try this one ?

To secure your tickets simply visit http://bit.ly/TW_May4 and before selecting any ticket enter the promo code TWGRGBWN into the “Enter Offer Code” box. This will allow you to then se-lect up to four tickets at $0.

Also doesn't work. Seems it was a limited run as others guessed.  Shame the "thousands of free tickets" theory doesn't hold up

3 minutes ago, Man of Kent said:

Just ordered four ?????

Why would you if this is to encourage people who’ve never been to the game before to try it. You’ve just prevented 4 people from being able to go. 

9 minutes ago, Moove said:

100 free tickets? How dare they!!!

Crazy! ?

All 4-5000 juniors in Canberra are given a ticket to every Raiders home game. From my experience most of their parents don’t support Canberra though so they don’t use all the tickets.

9 minutes ago, Damien said:

Whether there are some free tickets or not, many heartland clubs could open their doors for free and still struggle to get half that crowd.

I believe Salford and Huddersfield have done in the last couple of years and both drew lesser crowds than Toronto's this evening.

47 minutes ago, fcl said:

Canadian propaganda is back! just go on the social networks to see that the stadium with a capacity of 9600 seats was not full! But it is still a great affluence!

Moreover the places were free! cf Ticketmaster

9600 is not how many people will fit in Lamport, it is the max number allowed in due to fire regulations. You are the one spreading propaganda. 

50 minutes ago, fcl said:

Canadian propaganda is back! just go on the social networks to see that the stadium with a capacity of 9600 seats was not full! But it is still a great affluence!

Moreover the places were free! cf Ticketmaster

You think a stadium as basic as Lamport will allow a person in for every available seat. ?

3 minutes ago, Man of Kent said:

It’ll still count on the attendance ? 

I know you're no fan of Toronto, but this is a low point.

We've been over it before, but all clubs use comps, all count them on the attendance and I'd expect any new club to use them more.

However you want to count them Toronto got one of the best attendances this weekend. It's a real shame you can't focus on that instead.

44 minutes ago, Odsal Outlaw said:

This video as they come out shows a good size crowd! Well done Toronto!

The video backs the crowd number up.  The west stand looks full and the east stand almost full.

Who announced that figure?.....

38 people short of capacity. 

I watched the game and a decent crowd of about 6k may have been there, counting the 1.5k constantly mooching about. Ants in their pants? Or blaitantly not interested in the match they've paid to see? Even so still a committed fan base of at least 4k which has the potential for increase with further promotion. These were the ones Sat watching the game in ISC match not.the cheap white TWP t-shirts.....I'm more worried about Argyles wallet letting down those genuine fans down than crowd size. Need to start sowing the seeds of grassroots ASAP. 

9 minutes ago, Big Picture said:

The video backs the crowd number up.  The west stand looks full and the east stand almost full.

I do not agree, the point of view really does not judge the crowd. The photos taken by spectators during the match seem to me more precise and neutral. We have entered an era where the manipulation of information is everywhere. TWP has understood the interest of having strong images. The communication of this club is exemplary and is for me a great success! If it works with the public it's great but using it to legitimize the project seems to me not to be honest. I want to clarify that I have no interest for or against this "project".

www.fcl13.fr FCL XIII - Lezignan Corbieres Rugby League

Archived