Valley Parade

• Replies 59
  • Created
  • Last Reply
7 minutes ago, Man of Kent said:

Summer Bash in Bradford?! I’ve read some crazy ideas on this forum but that might take the biscuit. Why? 

Bradford would be ok. But Manningham in Bradford... maybe not.

Headingley is superior as a prospective Summer Bash venue in all respects ?

10 minutes ago, M j M said:

Bradford would be ok. But Manningham in Bradford... maybe not.

Headingley is superior as a prospective Summer Bash venue in all respects ?

Are we trying to create numerous doomsday alternatives so that Headingley effectively rises to the top as the best of a bad bunch?

1 minute ago, paulwalker71 said:

13,000 + season tickets already sold for next season, despite being relegated to League 2

But the capacity is over 20,000, isn't it?

Learn to listen without distortion and learn to look without imagination.

14 minutes ago, Leyther_Matt said:

Are we trying to create numerous doomsday alternatives so that Headingley effectively rises to the top as the best of a bad bunch? 

Headingley is already the best option away from Blackpool. Unless Leeds get relegated...

14 hours ago, cookey said:

How,as a sport,we expect to be taken seriously,,when we offer a ground like Odsal to sponsors,tv,players is beyond me.I'm afraid the same has to be said about Castleford and Wakefield.

Good news - Castleford have plans in the pipeline for a bright new modern development.

https://www.castlefordtigers.com/club.php?show=newstadium

15 minutes ago, TheConductor said:

Looked great when watching the Leeds game and with the terracing still is a ground that looks busy even half full.

It looks good only when it's full. I would prefer it if the fans behind the posts were closer to the tryline than they are to Bingley town centre.

Learn to listen without distortion and learn to look without imagination.

12 hours ago, Odsal Outlaw said:

We played at VP before in the mid 00’s. Not great and not in the nicest of areas, would rather be at Odsal. 

My favrioute part of Manningham is the very discreet adult shop with the big sign in the from saying ‘SEX SHOP’. Very discreet

I like many more of similar age have great memories of Odsal , but if The RFL aren't going to do anything with it why continue to let it deteriorate? 

Soon we will be dancing the fandango
FROM 2004,TO DO WHAT THIS CLUB HAS DONE,IF THATS NOT GREATNESSTHEN i DONT KNOW WHAT IS.

JAMIE PEACOCK

9 hours ago, GUBRATS said:

But we don't need an option away from Blackpool 

The RFL did a survey after this years Summer Bash via the Ourleague app. The top two were Blackpool(56%) Headingley(13%) all the other options were under 10%. If they listen to the fans it will be at Blackpool next year.

39 minutes ago, Bcfc2014 said:

The RFL did a survey after this years Summer Bash via the Ourleague app. The top two were Blackpool(56%) Headingley(13%) all the other options were under 10%. If they listen to the fans it will be at Blackpool next year.

so Brighton it will be!

1 hour ago, Bcfc2014 said:

'If' they listen to fans....?

As RP says, probably in Brighton or Cornwall then...

17 hours ago, paulwalker71 said:

That's actually an interesting thought. With a capacity less than Bolton, it doesn't seem suitable for the SF Double Header, but Summer Bash is a good shout - especially as you'd obviously be getting a lot more Bulls fans showing up.

As for long term, the pitch at VP is too short for RL and there's no way to extend it. 

Ground sharing with City will not happen. City will never leave VP due to the history and association with the fire in 1985. And we'll never move there permanently for reasons stated in the thread. A shared new stadium would be great, but won't happen because City won't leave Valley Parade (even assuming all the nonsense with the RFL an Odsal could be sorted out).

So, unfortunately, we are stuck at Odsal. (I'm old enough to remember when we had the chance to move to Park Avenue in the 70s. That would have been ideal at the time, but of course never happened...)

Why "nonsense" exactly?

Sport, amongst other things, is a dream-world offering escape from harsh reality and the disturbing prospect of change.

2 hours ago, Blind side johnny said:

Why "nonsense" exactly?

Do we really want to go down this path again? (The search function on this forum will bring up any number of previous threads)

Suffice to say, I rue the day when Peter Hood and his cronies made a deal with the RFL. It's been a total disaster for the Bulls ever since that day.

On 03/06/2019 at 12:11, Clogiron said:

I wonder where Leon would rate Manningham against Bondi and Blackpool????

A few years ago, his cousin ... Hunslet stalwart Steve ... was the landlord of the Bradford Arms on Manningham Lane. Round about 400 yards from Valley Parade.

Under Scrutiny by the Right-On Thought Police

Valley Parade is too short and too narrow.

Shortage of parking. Unfriendly neighbours. Wrong side of town for the motorway. The list goes on. The on ly good thing about it is the proximity to shops and loads of decent pubs in the city centre

Elland Road, Doncaster and Huddersfield are far more  appropriate venues in Yorkshire.

1 minute ago, Wolford6 said:

Valley Parade is too short and too narrow.

Shortage of parking. Unfriendly neighbours. Wrong side of town for the motorway. The list goes on. The on ly good thing about it is the proximity to shops and loads of decent pubs in the city centre

Elland Road, Doncaster and Huddersfield are far more  appropriate venues in Yorkshire.

Leeds Utd?

Just now, Northern Eel said:

Leeds Utd?

Yes, on the basis that Headingley has little parking space. Neither is really close to a railway station but Elland Road is right next to the M621.

7 hours ago, paulwalker71 said:

Do we really want to go down this path again? (The search function on this forum will bring up any number of previous threads)

Suffice to say, I rue the day when Peter Hood and his cronies made a deal with the RFL. It's been a total disaster for the Bulls ever since that day.

You raised the issue old lad. Don't blame me for asking the reason for your comments.

Sport, amongst other things, is a dream-world offering escape from harsh reality and the disturbing prospect of change.

Archived