• Replies 59
  • Created
  • Last Reply
23 minutes ago, DoubleD said:

City fans wouldn’t have them!

Why? what's that mean? 

8 minutes ago, fighting irish said:

Why? what's that mean? 

There’s a lot of animosity still between the 2 sets of fans, for historical reasons. I don’t really understand it but there are City fans at my work who dislike the Bulls and are dead against any sort of groundshare. 

Of course they may have to lump it if the City owners (who are very unpopular already with the City fans) decide they need the extra capital from a co-tenant

I love Valley Parade and would personally be happy but I don’t think it portrays the right “image” that many people would want to go for.

I really hope some day Valley Parade is renovated and parts rebuilt without it losing it’s character, it has so much potential to be an iconic stadium but unfortunately I don’t see that ever happening, it would probably be a logistical nightmare given it’s surroundings.

If Odsal was in Australia sat in the sun all day it would be a classic boutique ground that fans would love to visit.

As it is, it’s a load of decaying concrete with no cover from the rain.

Valley Parade looks a little dated but those steep stands would give it a great atmosphere if it was filled for a semi.

I'm pleased the Bulls have had a good run,hope they have made a little money from the two tv games and wouldn't have minded if they had beaten Halifax(on balance,Halifax probably just deserved it) but I'm afraid Odsal is an embarassment to all concerned.How,as a sport,we expect to be taken seriously,,when we offer a ground like Odsal to sponsors,tv,players is beyond me.I'm afraid the same has to be said about Castleford and Wakefield.

Cookey,

The ground is Council owned and the lease is with the R.F.L. Just the last couple of weeks,the council ,the R.F.L. and a select committee have been looking at Odsal trying to decide what they can do to improve the state of the ground.

We played at VP before in the mid 00’s. Not great and not in the nicest of areas, would rather be at Odsal. 

It would make sense for the clubs to have one purpose built ground to share, but I sense Bulls won’t go to VP and City won’t come to Odsal. Somewhere in between?!

Nottingham Outlaws Rugby League

Harry Jepson Winners 2008

RLC Midlands Premier Champions 2006 & 2008

East Midlands Challenge Cup Winners 2005, 2006, 2007 & 2008

Rotterdam International 9's Cup Winners 2005

RLC North Midlands Champions 2003 & 2004

21 minutes ago, fairfolly said:

Cookey,

The ground is Council owned and the lease is with the R.F.L. Just the last couple of weeks,the council ,the R.F.L. and a select committee have been looking at Odsal trying to decide what they can do to improve the state of the ground.

Yes.  But it would be easier to "decide" what to do with Brexit than Odsal. 

In other words it's more likely that we will discover the secrets of the universe than redevelop Odsal.

Or to put it another way ...

9 minutes ago, Clogiron said:

I wonder where Leon would rate Manningham against Bondi and Blackpool????

Only one way to find out ...

Build a man a fire, and he'll be warm for a day. Set a man on fire, and he'll be warm for the rest of his life. (Terry Pratchett)

8 minutes ago, Cdd said:

Valley Parade doesn’t have the standard of media and corporate facilities we should be looking for.

I'd find that surprising given the main stand and Kop are only about 20 years old which is pretty modern in the scheme of things and built at a time when Bradford were in the Premier League. Even the Midland Road Stand is <25 years old, it just looks small compared to the Kop and main stand.

5 hours ago, gingerjon said:

That's the next Summer Bash venue sorted then.

That's actually an interesting thought. With a capacity less than Bolton, it doesn't seem suitable for the SF Double Header, but Summer Bash is a good shout - especially as you'd obviously be getting a lot more Bulls fans showing up.

As for long term, the pitch at VP is too short for RL and there's no way to extend it. 

Ground sharing with City will not happen. City will never leave VP due to the history and association with the fire in 1985. And we'll never move there permanently for reasons stated in the thread. A shared new stadium would be great, but won't happen because City won't leave Valley Parade (even assuming all the nonsense with the RFL an Odsal could be sorted out).

So, unfortunately, we are stuck at Odsal. (I'm old enough to remember when we had the chance to move to Park Avenue in the 70s. That would have been ideal at the time, but of course never happened...)

Archived