5-7 Jul: The Betfred Championship Match Thread

Dewsbury v Barrow is key in the relegation battle. Barrow look to have a tough run in and will consider this game a 'must win'.

These are the remaining fixtures between the bottom six (not putting Rochdale who look doomed)

Batley (12 points):

Swinton (A), Rochdale (A), Dewsbury (H), Barrow (A)

Swinton (12 points):

Barrow (H), Batley (H), Widnes (A)

Widnes (10 points):

Rochdale (H), Swinton (H), Dewsbury (A), 

Dewsbury (9 points):

Barrow (H), Rochdale (A), Batley (A), Widnes (H)

Barrow (9 points):

Dewsbury (A), Swinton (A), Batley (H)

Not easy to call who stays up.

• Replies 147
  • Created
  • Last Reply
6 hours ago, Gav Wilson said:

Surprised so many people are tipping York to win at Sheffield, they were very good at Bootham Crescent this year when turning us over 16-24! 

Eternal optimist gav?

sometimes you have to take a step backwards to move forward

20 hours ago, sweaty craiq said:

The segregation is a consequence of the fines imposed and the ones to come on FEV. Will be better for the travelling fans as some prefer standing and splits the following - over 1000 will be travelling btw for what is a huge game that tiredness and injury will have a huge impact on

Was a rhetorical question.  We all know that Fev now have some very serious problems with some of their fan base.  Good to see Davide Longo starting to take some action.

Forever in our shadow, forever on your mind.

3 hours ago, Konkrete said:

Was a rhetorical question.  We all know that Fev now have some very serious problems with some of their fan base.  Good to see Davide Longo starting to take some action.

I can accept a fine for home games because its up to us to control our (fans) as best we can but it's ridiculous getting fined for away games, ie. Rochdale, surely it's up to the home club to do likewise and control the behaviour of fans! 

12 minutes ago, MADREDNIGE said:

I can accept a fine for home games because its up to us to control our (fans) as best we can but it's ridiculous getting fined for away games, ie. Rochdale, surely it's up to the home club to do likewise and control the behaviour of fans! 

Nah, you can't blame any other club for our Neanderthal followers. They are our problem, no one else's.

On 04/07/2019 at 15:55, Colin James said:

Dewsbury v Barrow is key in the relegation battle. Barrow look to have a tough run in and will consider this game a 'must win'.

Agree - and you're right that it's not easy to see who will join Rochdale.

Not sure it works to just look at the bottom six fixtures against each other. Barrow  won 38-16 at Featherstone two weeks ago, for example, and seem to be on a decent run of form after their 14 match streak of not winning earlier in the season.

1 hour ago, Private Baldrick said:

Nah, you can't blame any other club for our Neanderthal followers. They are our problem, no one else's.

but remember we got fined when hkr fans fought with themselves and then the stewards and they got a slap  on the wrist 

5 hours ago, Private Baldrick said:

Iam not blaming any other club but surely its the home clubs job to stop trouble not Rovers? Hull KR caused it at ours but got a suspended fine so what's the difference? 

7 hours ago, MADREDNIGE said:

6 hours ago, Private Baldrick said:

Do you not think that this notoriety that these boneheads are receiving will only be like throwing petrol on the fire and fueling them up for a bigger brain explosion, never mind Longho saying "we have no CT cameras" he knows where they congregate in the stadium, flood it out with the stewards and evict them at the first sign of trouble, simple.

On 03/07/2019 at 22:16, Fabou said:

all away teams win, except widnes

Looks like a full or strong TO squad back to fitness after a few tough weeks dropping games and momentum. 

In 24hrs we’ll see how strong. Not much between teams in positions 2-7,  and TO have dropped some easy games after being the only team to roll ( once ) TWP.

I’d like to see some real competition for TWP, but it looks like they’re home and hosed. 

955FA97B-DD19-49FF-A2D4-347EBD565131.jpeg

1 hour ago, Snowman123 said:

Looks like a full or strong TO squad back to fitness after a few tough weeks dropping games and momentum. 

In 24hrs we’ll see how strong. Not much between teams in positions 2-7,  and TO have dropped some easy games after being the only team to roll ( once ) TWP.

I’d like to see some real competition for TWP, but it looks like they’re home and hosed. 

955FA97B-DD19-49FF-A2D4-347EBD565131.jpeg

I'm not to sure that will be the case Snowy, agreed they have the momentum and would be clear favourites, but as Corporal Jones used to say "They don't like it up em" to me they are a little like the school bully physically well on top when facing their meaker contemporaries, but when someone stands up to them and gives it back it is a different story, TWP have had a few close calls this season, but you may say that was earlier in the season and they have improoved since, but that is also the case with the better teams they have to face again, it will get interesting in my opinion, not the foregone conclusion you seem to think it will be.

15 hours ago, MADREDNIGE said:

Your lot were a disgrace at ours,and not for the first time.

Was excellent to see Fev respond promptly after the Fax game last week by banning a couple of idiots on Social Media. They thought it was funny and were bragging about the injuries suffered to David Singer. A fax fan who is permanently disabled! EVERY Club has idiots, but ts up to Each Club to work with its fan base etc to get rid of such morons. Nobody wants them least of all home fans and the Club themselves. Well done Fev again for banning these couple of morons so fast.

4 hours ago, Snowman123 said:

We shall, see. Some of the players have niggles so it will be interesting to see who actually is on the sheet come tonight.

Weather is smashing though.

23 minutes ago, clogdance said:

I see Featherstone Rovers have an injury crisis ahead of their class with Leigh on Sunday. They've had to bring in 4 experienced Super League players, including a PNG international. ?

It's kinda hard to keep up

Yes, they've got a DR agreement with Leeds, everyone knows about that (and doubtless has an opinion). But Ben Reynolds? Who does he actually play for these days? Last I remember he played for Leigh, now he's on loan from somewhere and playing against them, replacing Tom Holmes who was on loan from Huddersfield.

And Luke Briscoe must wake up in a morning and wonder who he plays for. He's backwards and forwards from Leeds to Featherstone more times than I can count.

All within 'the rules' I'm sure - but still....

26 minutes ago, clogdance said:

I see Featherstone Rovers have an injury crisis ahead of their class with Leigh on Sunday. They've had to bring in 4 experienced Super League players, including a PNG international. ?

You're a Leigh fan. You've got 3 St Helens players and a Wigan player in your squad, and you've been playing DRs/loans all season. All perfectly legal and permissible, but don't try and claim the moral high ground here.

34 minutes ago, The Phantom Horseman said:

You're a Leigh fan. You've got 3 St Helens players and a Wigan player in your squad, and you've been playing DRs/loans all season. All perfectly legal and permissible, but don't try and claim the moral high ground here.

Indeed we have, in which 3 of them have played very few games in Super League....and you know it.

Archived