Sign in to follow this  
DiH68

First female ref in the NRL (Merged Threads)

Another cryptic thread title, and the content is a duplication of an existing one.

Top Tip: call your thread "Toronto". Nobody ever does that.

• Like 1

Millions long for immortality who don't know what to do with themselves on a rainy Sunday afternoon. (Susan Ertz)

Just now, Futtocks said:

Another cryptic thread title, and the content is a duplication of an existing one.

And you’ll get plenty of clicks.

• Like 1

rldfsignature.jpg

I can't be the only person who read this thread titles and thought of Martin from Friday Night Dinner!

Edit: I wrote this when the the thread title was "Females".

Edited by Tommygilf
  • Like 1
  • Confused 1

6 minutes ago, deluded pom? said:

And you’ll get plenty of clicks.

Personally I'm far more likely to click 'Females' than 'Toronto'.

• Haha 3

Get it down before Wollo Wollo Wayoo blows his top.

• Haha 3

I can confirm 30+ less sales for Scotland vs Italy at Workington, after this afternoons test purchase for the Tonga match, £7.50 is extremely reasonable, however a £2.50 'delivery' fee for a walk in purchase is beyond taking the mickey, good luck with that, it's cheaper on the telly.

31 minutes ago, Futtocks said:

Not really a cryptic thread title, it’s sbout females in rugby league and the title is females in a rugby league forum. 

2 minutes ago, Sir Kevin Sinfield said:

Not really a cryptic thread title, it’s sbout females in rugby league and the title is females in a rugby league forum. 

To be fair, there are female players, coaches, officials and supporters in our game.

It would be like starting a thread titled 'males' which would also be a bit cryptic!

24 minutes ago, Dunbar said:

It would be like starting a thread titled 'males' which would also be a bit cryptic!

But would you be more inclined to click on a thread called ‘Males’ or ‘Toronto’?

• Haha 2

rldfsignature.jpg

3 minutes ago, deluded pom? said:

But would you be more inclined to click on a thread called ‘Males’ or ‘Toronto’?

I'm going Toronto on that one.

• Haha 1

2 minutes ago, deluded pom? said:

“Never confused”

Maybe just a little curious...

... I've never been to Toronto!

• Haha 1

27 minutes ago, RL does what Sky says said:

If she is there on merit then good luck to her .... but not if her appointment is just to create publicity or to pacify the "all inclusive" brigade.

She has been on the NRL officials panel for 5 years to be fair to her

38 minutes ago, RL does what Sky says said:

If she is there on merit then good luck to her .... but not if her appointment is just to create publicity or to pacify the "all inclusive" brigade.

Have you seen what she is up against both here and there?..she will walk it.

• Like 1

Rugby Union the only game in the world were the spectators handle the ball more than the players.

1 hour ago, RL does what Sky says said:

Why on earth would they put an inexperienced person into a situation that would be disastrous for her, disastrous for the clubs and a PR disaster for the NRL?

6 minutes ago, Copa said:

Why on earth would they put an inexperienced person into a situation that would be disastrous for her, disastrous for the clubs and a PR disaster for the NRL?

Did I say she was inexperienced ?   I'll answer that ... No, I didn't !

She may well be as experienced as many men and if she's the best of the lot then that's fine ... as long as that's the reason she has got the job.

2 minutes ago, RL does what Sky says said:

Did I say she was inexperienced ?   I'll answer that ... No, I didn't !

She may well be as experienced as many men and if she's the best of the lot then that's fine ... as long as that's the reason she has got the job.

You raised the scenario of a female getting the job “to pacify the “all inclusive” mob”.

I just called out how stupid that scenario would be. I can’t even believe it was mentioned.

• Like 2

10 minutes ago, Copa said:

You raised the scenario of a female getting the job “to pacify the “all inclusive” mob”.

I just called out how stupid that scenario would be. I can’t even believe it was mentioned.

Yes, that scenario would be stupid, but so is every other time when someone gets an advantage just to appease the politically-correct movement instead of giving it to the best available.

Maybe that doesn't happen on your side of the world, but over here it's a different story.