John Drake

21 Jul: SL: London Broncos v St Helens KO 3pm

Who will win?  

39 members have voted

This poll is closed to new votes
  1. 1. Who will win?

• London Broncos
    • St Helens

• Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.
  • Poll closed on 21/07/19 at 14:00

Given Saints will be likely to rest at least half their regulars due to fears over the pitch for Lomax and Makinson and the CCSF on Saturday week, London should be looking to compete hard here and have a chance of sneaking it if they can put in a 80 minute performance and stay within 10pts at all times. 

Should be a good game. 

• Like 1

All of the Saints players were given four days holiday after the Wigan game so that could work both ways I guess. Expecting it to be a close game and no reason why this couldn't be another London win, particularly with a few missing out with the pitch and the semi-final in mind. Would be good to give Welsby, Costello, Batchelor et al more game time with the pressure off. A debut for Josh Simm would be nice too

1 hour ago, Moove said:

All of the Saints players were given four days holiday after the Wigan game so that could work both ways I guess. Expecting it to be a close game and no reason why this couldn't be another London win, particularly with a few missing out with the pitch and the semi-final in mind. Would be good to give Welsby, Costello, Batchelor et al more game time with the pressure off. A debut for Josh Simm would be nice too

A debut for Simm looks likely. Looks like Holbrook is doing a Millward. I've no problem with that considering we have a semi final next week.

https://www.sthelensstar.co.uk/news/17776582.saints-will-give-youth-chance-london-trip/

• Like 3

The Tryline Blog - http://thetryline.blogspot.com/ - Twitter - @TrylineBlog
Latest Blog - "Challenge Cup Final: Essential Reading" - give it a read on your way to Wembley!

8 minutes ago, Chronicler of Chiswick said:

Pains me to say this, but Saints by 12.

Not sure after reading the St Helens Star article... I've actually gone for a Broncos win.

Come on Broncos er... let's get back on that winning horse. With the Saints resting so many players a lost will feel like a golden chance has gone. A win under our belts and with a fortnight off the players could go into the final phase with real hope. 

• Like 1

Whilst Saints are so far ahead, it is their prerogative to manage the squad how they see fit.

Thats said as a Rovers supporter I am really disappointed. This is the second time Saints have fielded a weakened team against London, which means 2 points and potentially 4 are being gifted to one of our relegation rivals.

21 minutes ago, HKRBob said:

Whilst Saints are so far ahead, it is their prerogative to manage the squad how they see fit.

Thats said as a Rovers supporter I am really disappointed. This is the second time Saints have fielded a weakened team against London, which means 2 points and potentially 4 are being gifted to one of our relegation rivals.

I agree with you - didn't matter when had the middle 8's but the consequences are dire for team if they are relegated.

It puts the integrity of the competition in a poor light. 

As you say its up to saints how they manage their squad but disappointing. 

• Haha 1

Ealing Boys , Ealing Boys , rugby boots and corduroys

Ealing Boys , Ealing Boys , they call us the London Broncos

(with apologies to Sham 69)

• Like 1

London must be rubbing their hands at this one, should be an easy 2 points. They won when Saints rested 5 last month so having at least 10 out should pose no problems.

Its tough on the other relegation teams but given they have virtually won the hub cap already it’s no surprise. They’ll likely be resting players all the way through to the play-offs now I reckon.

This is captain Juncker speaking. The EU gravy train is about to enter Brussels, so will all Brits please exit at the next stop

To all remaining passengers, thank you for your continued custom and contributions to my pension fund

Kind Regards - YOUR PRESIDENT !

It’s also unfair that some teams had Saints as their loop fixture so play us three times. We also have to play Leeds the week before Wembley if we get to the final - a double whammy for HKR?

• Like 2

5 hours ago, Quinskolar said:

Come on Broncos er... let's get back on that winning horse. With the Saints resting so many players a lost will feel like a golden chance has gone. A win under our belts and with a fortnight off the players could go into the final phase with real hope. 

Yep.... Hopefully we can get a bit of noise going to gee them up. Will be interesting to see how many saints fans come

2 hours ago, Saint Toppy said:

London must be rubbing their hands at this one, should be an easy 2 points. They won when Saints rested 5 last month so having at least 10 out should pose no problems.

Its tough on the other relegation teams but given they have virtually won the hub cap already it’s no surprise. They’ll likely be resting players all the way through to the play-offs now I reckon.

I think the Saints players should make the most of being in the big smoke... Get them out in Covent Garden the night before for a drink up then hit the clubs.... They've won the shield anyway so why not.... 

3 minutes ago, Lowdesert said:

Looks like Cory Aston has just signed for LB.  Decent player.

Its the sort of signing we kind of deserve I guess.... Bit of journeyman half to replace Abdul

Not disappointed just not excited either

3 hours ago, Hanrag said:

It’s also unfair that some teams had Saints as their loop fixture so play us three times. We also have to play Leeds the week before Wembley if we get to the final - a double whammy for HKR?

yep, would agree.  Doesn't seem right given the different fixture lists for the teams. That's a rational for play-offs at the bottom too.   

Sooner fixtures are consistent as to whom a team plays the better.... or should have play-offs

• Haha 1

2 hours ago, Bedfordshire Bronco said:

Its the sort of signing we kind of deserve I guess.... Bit of journeyman half to replace Abdul

Not disappointed just not excited either

Both are victims of the loan system and a similar age but two distinctly different styles.  He’s only 24 and imo, if he can stay in the side, will be a good addition.

• Haha 1

4 hours ago, Bedfordshire Bronco said:

I think the Saints players should make the most of being in the big smoke... Get them out in Covent Garden the night before for a drink up then hit the clubs.... They've won the shield anyway so why not.... 

What a fantastic idea!

4 hours ago, Bedfordshire Bronco said:

Most in the squad probably won’t be old enough to drink. 

• Like 2

3 hours ago, Gray1967 said:

What a fantastic idea!

Just looked at your profile Gray.... Maybe you can add a tour for the Saints around East London... Maybe Leytonstone / Wanstead?.... Or does East East mean Clacton? 😊

3 hours ago, Oliver Clothesoff said:

Most in the squad probably won’t be old enough to drink. 

Okay, take them to a trampoline park and get them tanked up on fizzy pop and E-numbers sweets. Chuck in a late night and they will then be too cranky to perform come sunday

• Haha 1

17 hours ago, Hanrag said:

If we get to the Final!

Are you resting players against Halifax as well then?

Rest 3 or 4 key players against London,fine. Thats team management.

Any more and you are bringing the game into disrepute.

Dumb, but I'll sail this ship alone.