Wakefield plan a new stand.

• Replies 112
  • Created
  • Last Reply
15 minutes ago, Lowdesert said:

That last line should have read 'the rest can trip up'. 

IMO if they dont propose to do any work on that side they dont deserve visiting fans.

If it’s a phased development it makes sense to do East Stand first with all community and corporate facilities.  When complete I reckon a new south Stand ( corporate box end) will be the away stand.

Up the Trin 

35 minutes ago, WakefieldCityLoyal said:

What have we been saying for the last 20 years?

What were the actual conditions we were given to allow us into SL?

Up the Trin 

You was allowed into Super League on the condition that you upgraded your ground or moved to a new one.

Without a doubt the worst ground in Super League and an embarrassment to Rugby League

5 minutes ago, The Future is League said:

You was allowed into Super League on the condition that you upgraded your ground or moved to a new one.

Without a doubt the worst ground in Super League and an embarrassment to Rugby League

Weren't there even games at Barnsley in 1999 because Belle Vue wasn't considered fit then when they got promoted?

3 hours ago, PREPOSTEROUS said:

What games do people really think the club are playing? What benefit is their to the club to be playing out of a ######. Funding is even being cut now due to the dump. 

Ultimately there is a reason why there are now affiliated PDRL and womens rugby teams, a ladies football team and, despite reservations because of the figureheads behind it, a new mens Wakefield football team. It's to access the grants available to more than just a mens rugby club.

Ultimately time will tell whether it is successful, and Trinity supporters are as, if not more, sceptical about such prospects, but I think they will is here now.

I don't really know why other RL fans react in this way.

I suppose that it could be because of a host of plans that have come out of Belle Vue for the past 20+ years, none of which have come to fruition yet all of which have the appearance of taking the rest of the game for a ride. No doubt some will say that this is unfair as it was the previous owners who caused these problems but, then again, I seem to recall the very same things being said then as well.

Once bitten twice shy, many times bitten, kick the bloody thing!

Sport, amongst other things, is a dream-world offering escape from harsh reality and the disturbing prospect of change.

49 minutes ago, The Future is League said:

What upgrades did they stipulate? I remember after winning the league and Grand Final they said we could go up but with no sky money can’t recall what they said about ground improvements.  We built the hospitality block in our second season up that may have satisfied them.

Up the Trin 

37 minutes ago, WakefieldCityLoyal said:

What upgrades did they stipulate? I remember after winning the league and Grand Final they said we could go up but with no sky money can’t recall what they said about ground improvements.  We built the hospitality block in our second season up that may have satisfied them.

Up the Trin 

The hospitality block was built and never paid for IIRC. That was another dark period for Trinity. Was it someone called Pearson in charge? I remember that it was impossible to move so it stayed or something similar.

Really hope Wakefield can get something sorted. It is my hometown and it is a RL town!

18 minutes ago, Scubby said:

The hospitality block was built and never paid for IIRC. That was another dark period for Trinity. Was it someone called Pearson in charge? I remember that it was impossible to move so it stayed or something similar.

Really hope Wakefield can get something sorted. It is my hometown and it is a RL town!

Pearson ex Wakefield Council also tried to sign Jason Robinson, Jonah Lomu and Laurence Dallaglio.  Think he went to Amsterdam never to be seen again.

Up the Trin 

I said a while ago on here that the likes of Cas and Wakefield don’t need a new stadium they just need a new stand to bring the corporate, media, changing and viewing facilities up to standard.

Its a great way of keeping the character but bringing a ground up to the right standard. 

The key is the corporate hospitality and media facilities. You don’t need a whole new stadium to improve that. 

20 minutes ago, Cdd said:

I said a while ago on here that the likes of Cas and Wakefield don’t need a new stadium they just need a new stand to bring the corporate, media, changing and viewing facilities up to standard.

Its a great way of keeping the character but bringing a ground up to the right standard. 

The key is the corporate hospitality and media facilities. You don’t need a whole new stadium to improve that. 

I half agree. I do think the best option for both clubs, funding structures aside, would be to stay where they are. Both do, I think, have a bit of space to develop on the main stand sides. Unfortunately at both grounds the other three sides have various levels of underinvestment and crumbling concrete. So you'd need to spend money there in some form as well as for the new stand so it still starts mounting up.

Plus the older bits will still have relatively high maintenance costs.

2 hours ago, The Future is League said:

Maybe not up to the "standards" of other grounds but I don't mind at all if they a) just keep the current ground maintained, or b) upgrade the ground piece by piece. I prefer this kind of ground to the "standard new ground" anyway in all honesty - and that's coming from a Wiganer with no affiliation at all to Wakey.

3 hours ago, overtheborder said:

Maybe not up to the "standards" of other grounds but I don't mind at all if they a) just keep the current ground maintained, or b) upgrade the ground piece by piece. I prefer this kind of ground to the "standard new ground" anyway in all honesty - and that's coming from a Wiganer with no affiliation at all to Wakey.

Your in the minority.  The ground isn’t being maintained, it’s deteriorating.

I don’t think ‘piece by piece’ is a plan.

Many Wakey fans are sick of it as Carter.  

4 hours ago, M j M said:

I half agree. I do think the best option for both clubs, funding structures aside, would be to stay where they are. Both do, I think, have a bit of space to develop on the main stand sides. Unfortunately at both grounds the other three sides have various levels of underinvestment and crumbling concrete. So you'd need to spend money there in some form as well as for the new stand so it still starts mounting up.

Plus the older bits will still have relatively high maintenance costs.

Lots of room for the East Stand development when the club bought Belle Vue back they also bought the old Super Bowl site.

5 hours ago, overtheborder said:

The grounds a dump and I'm being polite

Archived