1 Sept: SL: Wakefield Trinity v Wigan Warriors KO 3pm

Who will win?  

41 members have voted

1. 1. Who will win?

• Wakefield Trinity
    • Wigan Warriors

This poll is closed to new votes

• Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.
  • Poll closed on 01/09/19 at 14:00

• Replies 103
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I hadn’t realised but Wigan brought back Matty Peet earlier this year to work on the defence and also have a new fitness team in place. I am guessing that the hiatus and chaos was because we were envisaging Edwards bringing in his team. Certainly, we look fitter and tougher to beat now than at the start of the year. We have often found Belle Vue to be a graveyard, but I fancy us to prevail for once this week end, especially now Trinity’s win against HKR makes this less of a must win for them. 

Always fancy our chances against the pies regardless of who's reffing.  Pity we have no Fifita as he's been a real thorn in their side recently.

You have to go for the current form team of the comp, I just hope we can keep it close.  Bonus would be Hull FC, Catalans and Leeds helping us out elsewhere.

This world was never meant for one as beautiful as me.

Wakefield Trinity RLFC
2012 - 2014 "The wasted years"

2013, 2014 & 2015 Official Magic Weekend "Whipping Boys"

2017 - The year the dream disappeared under Grix's left foot.

2018 - The FinniChezz Bromance 

2019 - The Return of the Prodigal Son

17 hours ago, Exiled Wiganer said:

I hadn’t realised but Wigan brought back Matty Peet earlier this year to work on the defence and also have a new fitness team in place. I am guessing that the hiatus and chaos was because we were envisaging Edwards bringing in his team. Certainly, we look fitter and tougher to beat now than at the start of the year. We have often found Belle Vue to be a graveyard, but I fancy us to prevail for once this week end, especially now Trinity’s win against HKR makes this less of a must win for them. 

I agree totally; a different side defensively no to what they were not so long ago. Mind you the young forwards that have been brought in, Partington, Byrne and Smithies seem to relish in defensive work.

"it is a well known fact that those people who most want to rule people are, ipso facto, those least suited to do it."

37 minutes ago, The Future is League said:

Now Wakey are safe from relegation i think they will win this by 10 playing some attractive Rugby

None of the bottom four are safe.    After this set of fixtures maybe things will be a bit clearer.  A Leeds win v London will perhaps reduce the probabilities.

Wakefield Trinity RLFC

Bringing back Matty Peet was a masterstroke, with so many juniors playing the team it’s important to have someone who knows them well. Matty knows their strengths, weakness, what motivates them and what affects their performances but most of all those players know Matty and respect him.

If Hull FC can win at Wakey then I doubt the Pies will have too much trouble there. I hope not obviously but, like the Chronicler, I fancy Wigan by three clear scores at least, sorry Trin fans.

Waky 14 Pies 28.

Up the Trin!

Hull FC....The Sons of God...
                                                                     (Well, we are about to be crucified on Good Friday)

Good contingent of Pie fans here at  sunny Belle Vue already, in expectation of an easy win no doubt.

Liam Finn out on the pitch at present.   Are we that desperate.

Wakefield Trinity RLFC

Warrington coach enjoying the view from the North stand. 

Wakefield Trinity RLFC

2 minutes ago, Wollo Wollo Wayoo said:

Warrington coach enjoying the view from the North stand. 

What's it doing there and how did they manage to park the bloody thing in the stand?

Liam Farrell try ruled out for forrerd pass.

Even I could see that.

Repeat set for Wakey.

Another repeat set for Wakey.

Burgess over but on his back, Wakey escape.

Radio Manc moaning about penalties against the Pies.

90 metre interception try for Wigan.

Hull game all over again.

Wakefield Trinity RLFC

Liam Marshall the beneficiary.

Archived