Sign in to follow this  
Henson Park Old Firm

2020 Kits/Sponsors

2 minutes ago, EastLondonMike said:

It's been around for a while, it's a silicon print. It's supposed to aid gripping the ball to your chest.

its probably not used on replica shirts due to cost, but some may have it.

They come only on the player edition style shirts usually. I'd think it started as skin tight and lightweight shirts came in more, at least 2010/11

9 minutes ago, Tommygilf said:

They come only on the player edition style shirts usually. I'd think it started as skin tight and lightweight shirts came in more, at least 2010/11

Yeah there's no point in replica jerseys, though plenty of kit suppliers do offer them for amateur teams.

• Like 1

Newham Dockers - Champions 2013. Rugby League For East London. 100% Cockney Rugby League!

Twitter: @NewhamDockersRL - Get following!

www.newhamdockers.co.uk

21 minutes ago, EastLondonMike said:

It's been around for a while, it's a silicon print. It's supposed to aid gripping the ball to your chest.

its probably not used on replica shirts due to cost, but some may have it.

You can certainly buy a tight-fitting player style, with grips, Saints shirt from the shop. O’Neills do it and ISC did it before them. 

I remember Hull selling a player version with the grips a few years ago alongside the normal fans replica. The players edition was £20 or so more and as you can imagine they didn't sell well. 

Edited by The Hallucinating Goose

31 minutes ago, The Hallucinating Goose said:

I remember Hull selling a player version with the grips a few years ago alongside the normal fans replica. The players edition was £20 or so more and as you can imagine they didn't sell well. 

They make for nice training shirts 

• Like 1

Always good to see sports brands increase their involvement in the game.

Hopefully they'll play a part in actively promoting the event, not just supplying apparel.

Newham Dockers - Champions 2013. Rugby League For East London. 100% Cockney Rugby League!

www.newhamdockers.co.uk

On 28/04/2020 at 10:10, Tommygilf said:

Because of the major crisis it has endured for the first time ever and as a show of solidarity and rememberence for a tough time.

I work for the NHS and believe me this isn’t our first ever major crisis. 

3 hours ago, Eddie said:

I work for the NHS and believe me this isn’t our first ever major crisis. 

Sorry I must have missed the last global pandemic the NHS was around for

34 minutes ago, Tommygilf said:

Not a huge fan but I do like the old style collar particularly 

I’m not keen. Think it’s pretty poor tbh. I’d rather the main home shirt was a homage to 130 years at Headingley Also wish they’d stop putting 1895 on everything!!!!

6607F10B-1FF5-4752-B1F3-0229AA07901D.png

Edited by Mr Plow
  • Like 1

40 minutes ago, Mr Plow said:

I’m not keen. Think it’s pretty poor tbh. I’d rather the main home shirt was a homage to 130 years at Headingley Also wish they’d stop putting 1895 on everything!!!!

6607F10B-1FF5-4752-B1F3-0229AA07901D.png

31 minutes ago, Hela Wigmen said:

Shouldn’t have a sponsor. I know they’ve paid to be on Leeds’ shirts but heritage shirts should be blank. 

25 minutes ago, Chrispmartha said:

Did we (Leeds) ever play in a kit with that design? Seems an odd choice of design to me for a Heritage shirt.

1000% this this and this

I have Rob Oates daughter as a friend on Facebook I might ask her to pass on the message to her dad. The club has consistently sold heritage poorly (and in the case of 1895 incorrectly) for a good few years now.

1 hour ago, Mr Plow said:

The club is all over the place with its year of establishment. I thought they'd stopped using 1895 and had settled on 1870, but now this brings it back again. Here's a current range t-shirt with the other date on it.

a8S9A3375-600x600.jpg

• Like 1

What kind of anniversary is the 130th of anything anyway? Did we forget five years ago and are catching up now?

• Like 2

10 minutes ago, M j M said:

What kind of anniversary is the 130th of anything anyway? Did we forget five years ago and are catching up now?

To be fair they are probably trying to raise some extra income, if they want to do that they should have raised their game with the shirt.

• Like 2

I’ve got no problems with Heritage shirts and charity shirts, I like that we (Saints) have a charity shirt each year and support a local charity. 

I think sponsors on heritage shirts shouldn’t be there, though if they have to, be no bigger than that Berry’s one on the Leeds shirt. 

I know Saints were asking for the Magic kit to be designed in a competition, I take it that the competition is no more and the shirt won’t be made, which is a shame. 

3 hours ago, Tommygilf said:

1000% this this and this

I have Rob Oates daughter as a friend on Facebook I might ask her to pass on the message to her dad. The club has consistently sold heritage poorly (and in the case of 1895 incorrectly) for a good few years now.

The club is 150 this year and tbh I’m disappointed it’s been ignored

• Like 2

12 hours ago, M j M said:

130th?

1890?

Wells%20Motors%20(Signature)_zps67e534e4.jpg

Obviously I have no idea what the plans were/are for Leeds to celebrate this milestone at the start of the season, but feels like a mid-season push to generate a bit of money as jersey sales have probably ground to a halt, and they probably do around this time of year anyway, regardless of Covid-19, so this makes complete sense from a commercial point of view.

Working in sportswear myself i know anywhere that makes apparel other than in the far east is suffering as much as anyone. I work with factories in Turkey, Pakistan and India as well as in the far east, and with the exception of the far east, everything is a couple of months behind schedule, which suggests this jersey was planned all along, and not a rush job to generate some cash (of which they probably wont generate much anyway). You simply cannot turnaround this type of jersey in decent numbers in anything less than 8-12 weeks, and certainly not at the drop of a hat.

And if thats the case, it makes me wonder why a planned jersey launch didn't have a greater focus on the design, as it doesn't look that special to me. And aside from a collar and an old badge, doesn't shout heritage at all.

www.newhamdockers.co.uk

130th anniversary of a stadium is a weird one anyway but to release a shirt for it and the only bit about the anniversary to be on the inside of a collar is weird. 

• Like 1