2020 Kits/Sponsors

1 hour ago, tuutaisrambo said:

Looks like a high school kid did it!  Much better than the previous one though

My thoughts too, a school project.

i suppose because it’s a simple design it’s  cheaper to replicate though.

No picture of the kit yet but Wolfpcak have switched to BLK for their 2020 kits and they should be out in a few weeks, in time for Christmas I hope!. This does burn down my dream of getting a bad ass marvel kit from Magic Weekend though so they better make a great kit.

https://www.torontowolfpack.com/wolfpack-signs-deal-with-blk-to-become-technical-apparel-partner/

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Leyther_Matt said:

Interesting that you should mention Leeds - the advert below appeared on my social media for TransPennine Express and it just screams Leeds shirt to me.

spacer.png

It'd be interesting to test that theory outside the bubble of RL. To you or I, it's most probably a Leeds shirt. But to a non-RL fan? 

I think the issue is that there are opportunities for clubs to become synonymous with their colour schemes and styles. Whether it's Leeds with the chest band, Wigan with cherry and white hoops, St Helens with the red vee.... 

I get why clubs play around with the designs like they do - the retail side of the business has a target to hit and the home shirt will make up a decent proportion of that target, but there is a wider opportunity to strengthen the club's brand by keeping a consistent colour swatch and style. There is an opportunity for clubs to make their shirts "unmistakeably Leeds / Wigan / St Helens...." so that when the photos and TV pictures go out, people can recognise it instantly. 

I agree with @Chrispmartha that in an ideal world, there would be limits on sponsor placements, but I think that's wishful thinking at the moment. 

Personally, I'd actually prefer to see the merchandise away from the replica shirts improve - I'd spend a lot more in the Leeds club shop if the leisure wear range was a lot better - and I suspect that stuff offers better margin. 

• Like 1

14 minutes ago, whatmichaelsays said:

It'd be interesting to test that theory outside the bubble of RL. To you or I, it's most probably a Leeds shirt. But to a non-RL fan? 

I think the issue is that there are opportunities for clubs to become synonymous with their colour schemes and styles. Whether it's Leeds with the chest band, Wigan with cherry and white hoops, St Helens with the red vee.... 

I get why clubs play around with the designs like they do - the retail side of the business has a target to hit and the home shirt will make up a decent proportion of that target, but there is a wider opportunity to strengthen the club's brand by keeping a consistent colour swatch and style. There is an opportunity for clubs to make their shirts "unmistakeably Leeds / Wigan / St Helens...." so that when the photos and TV pictures go out, people can recognise it instantly. 

I agree with @Chrispmartha that in an ideal world, there would be limits on sponsor placements, but I think that's wishful thinking at the moment. 

Personally, I'd actually prefer to see the merchandise away from the replica shirts improve - I'd spend a lot more in the Leeds club shop if the leisure wear range was a lot better - and I suspect that stuff offers better margin. 

Personally I only really wear a Replica Shirt if going to games. So rarely will I buy shirts, as getting to games is often not possible. I feel more relaxed walking around generally in a Polo Shirt/TShirt, than a Replica shirt. I dont really buy shirts at all in fact unless it has a special meaning. I would look to buy more Hoodies, Pullovers, Jackets etc, but often the choice at virtually all Clubs is very small or looks very cheap & tacky.

• Like 2

1 hour ago, Maxi mum said:

My thoughts too, a school project.

i suppose because it’s a simple design it’s  cheaper to replicate though.

An Eagle is such a good starting point for a decent illustration so I'm not sure how they've got to this design, take something like the illustration West Coast Eagles use, its simpler and much more effective, I know they will have more money to spend on these things than Sheffield but, still...

wce-eaglehead-rgb.png

Edited by Chrispmartha
  • Like 3

10 minutes ago, Lounge Room Lizard said:

Personally I only really wear a Replica Shirt if going to games. So rarely will I buy shirts, as getting to games is often not possible. I feel more relaxed walking around generally in a Polo Shirt/TShirt, than a Replica shirt. I dont really buy shirts at all in fact unless it has a special meaning. I would look to buy more Hoodies, Pullovers, Jackets etc, but often the choice at virtually all Clubs is very small or looks very cheap & tacky.

Ive got far too many shirts as I like to collect them, I stopped buying the NRL ones a fair few years ago because I was never wearing them! Ive got every Leeds home shirt since 2000 though with a few others from before then and a few away shirts. I do however only wear them at games as I think I'd look a bit of plum walking round in a replica shirt if I'm not at a game apart from some of the more traditional cotton shirts I've got that is.

2 hours ago, SamRLYC said:

No,  KUBA is a nickname we give our son Jacob..We are putting all the kids nicknames on the back of the shirts 

lol I'm Polish and my son in Jakub also, Kuba for short. thats why I was asking.

...wait a second...is this cultural misappropriation!!??!!?!?!?!?

Edited by Krzzystuff
  • Like 1

2 hours ago, hunsletgreenandgold said:

Yeah just had a look into them myself. Appear to be based out of Nottingham and do a lot of University teams gear. Other than Forest Green, Huddersfield look to be their only professional sports team. 

Warwickshire In cricket

• Like 1

20 hours ago, Mr Plow said:

New Sheffield crest

06289915-A887-41A0-B010-D308F212C5F5.jpeg

I just hope there is a fair chunk of yellow in the kit, i really struggle with the heavy red and white on the kit.. 

• Like 2
  • Haha 1

4 minutes ago, tuutaisrambo said:

ISC are based in Australia so it must be difficult to compete with cheaper local sports brands based in Europe like oneills etc

Wonder if hummel will do any clubs?

They're doing Wigan in 2020

16 minutes ago, philipw said:

They're doing Wigan in 2020

Leaving early?

• Like 1

This world was never meant for one as beautiful as me.

Wakefield Trinity RLFC
2012 - 2014 "The wasted years"

2013, 2014 & 2015 Official Magic Weekend "Whipping Boys"

2017 - The year the dream disappeared under Grix's left foot.

2018 - The FinniChezz Bromance 

2019 - The Return of the Prodigal Son

2 hours ago, EastLondonMike said:

Wigan's kit was supposed to have been launched a few days ago wasn't it? Sure i'd seen the 11th mentioned elsewhere online.

Home kit is being launched on Friday, with the away next week I believe 

No pics yet, but Warrington have Hoover as the new main club sponsor on the shirt.

I think as a Major Brand sponsor they’re closely associated with us due to the regular vacuuming of dust from one side of the trophy cabinet.   Every cloud n all that.

Seriously though, good stuff since we lost the blue-chip Emirates thing a few years ago.

Edited by Cheshire Setter
  • Like 1

7 minutes ago, Cheshire Setter said:

No pics yet, but Warrington have Hoover as the new main club sponsor on the shirt.

I think as a Major Brand sponsor they’re closely associated with us due to the regular vacuuming of dust from one side of the trophy cabinet.   Every cloud n all that.

Seriously though, good stuff since we lost the blue-chip Emirates thing a few years ago.

its interesting.. Dyson sponsor Bath RUFC... you wonder if that is in their thoughts (probably not but makes for a fun "us and them" look at vacuum cleaners)

Not sure what is going with the Hudds shirts. The presence of the classic Huddersfield hoops on the home shirt is a no brainer, but everything else?!.. ?

Newham Dockers - Champions 2013. Rugby League For East London. 100% Cockney Rugby League!

Twitter: @NewhamDockersRL - Get following!

www.newhamdockers.co.uk

2 hours ago, RP London said:

its interesting.. Dyson sponsor Bath RUFC... you wonder if that is in their thoughts (probably not but makes for a fun "us and them" look at vacuum cleaners)

Well these days Hoover is a poor imitation of a Dyson.   Much like Warrington, it promises to lift everything but tends to miss the biggest bit ?

• Haha 1