Fri 27 Sept: SL Semi Final: St Helens v Wigan Warriors KO 7.45pm (TV)

Who will win?  

53 members have voted

1. 1. Who will win?

• St Helens
    • Wigan Warriors

This poll is closed to new votes

• Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.
  • Poll closed on 27/09/19 at 18:45

• Replies 263
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Head says St Helens will win. Heart is having palpitations.

Let me never fall into the vulgar mistake of dreaming that I am persecuted whenever I am contradicted.
Ralph Waldo Emerson

Massively looking forward to this one, we haven't had any SL records broken for at least a week.

Fancy it will be a rip roaring encounter, Pies to squeak a narrow victory with a controversial ending.

TotalRL.com to break a record for the longest and bitterest match thread.

Skints 18 Pies 19.

Hull FC....The Sons of God...
                                                                     (Well, we are about to be crucified on Good Friday)

33 minutes ago, Old Frightful said:

Massively looking forward to this one, we haven't had any SL records broken for at least a week.

Fancy it will be a rip roaring encounter, Pies to squeak a narrow victory with a controversial ending.

Skints 18 Pies 19.

The Skints bit would be funny if we’d ever gone bust and had to rely on a club, let’s say one from the North East just as an example, to keep us alive. 

36 minutes ago, Old Frightful said:

Skints 18 Pies 19.

It’s that nervous time the night before that always gets me. Pitchforks sharpened and polished on one side, eye patches washed (dry cleaned in Dunbar’s case) and ironed on the other...

It's all going to be about defence this one. We have only conceded two tries since Wembley and Wigan have also been very strong in defence as of late, as they always seem to be come September.

We have made an average of 17 errors per game in the last 4 matches. If we do that again, we will lose. Keep it to under 10 errors, I think we will win.

I'll predict the score as 10-6, but not brave enough to say who to!

9 hours ago, Oliver Clothesoff said:

The Skints bit would be funny if we’d ever gone bust and had to rely on a club, let’s say one from the North East just as an example, to keep us alive. 

Tut, tut, don't be so sensitive, it wasn't a swipe at Saints, for my part it's just a nickname I use for them.

And we hardly had our begging bowls out, the RFL and the rest of the SL clubs voted for it. Hull FC applied to go into administration, be relegated and start again. The other SL clubs didn't want to lose the income a large number of Hull fans bring at least once a year to their grounds and accounts so chose to go with the unfortunate merger.

Hull KR's Chairman at the time, Barry Lilley carried out a plan that he hoped would see my club disappear.

It backfired spectacularly.

Hull FC....The Sons of God...
                                                                     (Well, we are about to be crucified on Good Friday)

The problem Wigan faces is that we are a worse team and have worse players. We have won games such as last week where we were the worse team, on the basis that individually we were better able to take advantage at key moments. Particularly away from home I can’t see a way we can win unless some unforeseen injury or disciplinary issue has a big impact. I have voted for us to win of course.

14 hours ago, Oliver Clothesoff said:

Just how uptight do you get?

I don't eat pies, yet get called a pie-eater all the time.

Get over yourself.

8 minutes ago, Jim Prendle said:

Just how uptight do you get?

I don't eat pies, yet get called a pie-eater all the time.

Get over yourself.

You must eat pies now and then. Even if you are coeliac they do GF pies these days. 

Oh, and I think we are called for reasons unconnected with our pie consumption. 

7 hours ago, Exiled Wiganer said:

You must eat pies now and then. Even if you are coeliac they do GF pies these days. 

Oh, and I think we are called for reasons unconnected with our pie consumption. 

Nope. I stopped eating them when my cholesterol levels went above the required limit, and I have never gone back.

Can't say I miss them really.

Archived