Fri 27 Sept: SL Semi Final: St Helens v Wigan Warriors KO 7.45pm (TV)

Who will win?  

53 members have voted

1. 1. Who will win?

• St Helens
    • Wigan Warriors

This poll is closed to new votes

• Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.
  • Poll closed on 27/09/19 at 18:45

• Replies 263
  • Created
  • Last Reply
9 minutes ago, DavidM said:

You’ve gotta think Thompson will be bang in the NRL sights 

You’d think most the Saints team would be, but loads of Aussies had never heard of Tommy Makinson when he won the golden boot award so im not sure many of them watch Super League. Canberra Raiders obviously do and now they're in the NRL Grand Final. 

1 minute ago, Sir Kevin Sinfield said:

You’d think most the Saints team would be, but loads of Aussies had never heard of Tommy Makinson when he won the golden boot award so im not sure many of them watch Super League. Canberra Raiders obviously do any now they're in the NRL Grand Final. 

Well, Jordan Rapana is probably retiring after next week, so maybe...

Let me never fall into the vulgar mistake of dreaming that I am persecuted whenever I am contradicted.
Ralph Waldo Emerson

2 minutes ago, Sir Kevin Sinfield said:

You’d think most the Saints team would be, but loads of Aussies had never heard of Tommy Makinson when he won the golden boot award so im not sure many of them watch Super League. Canberra Raiders obviously do any now they're in the NRL Grand Final. 

The coaches and people doing the business at the clubs do

Pretty depressing from a Wigan point of view, but you have to admire the quality of Saints play so far. Every player has outplayed their opponent. The exception for Wigan for me has been Hardaker who has stopped the scoreline being even more lobsided.

"it is a well known fact that those people who most want to rule people are, ipso facto, those least suited to do it."

11 minutes ago, DavidM said:

You’ve gotta think Thompson will be bang in the NRL sights 

With Holbrook going back you would imagine he would be hoping to take a couple of them.

3 minutes ago, JohnM said:

Good commentary on BBC Radio 5 Live Sports Extra. 

Even if you watch the match on Sky, Radio 5's halftime content is worth tuning in for. They usually have something really interesting to hear.

Let me never fall into the vulgar mistake of dreaming that I am persecuted whenever I am contradicted.
Ralph Waldo Emerson

24 minutes ago, DavidM said:

I thought I’d read Powell was out for the season ? 

He was playing like a broken wrist.

Saints are moving well as a unit and Wigan are not at the races. Not thinking, giving too much space.  Not dissimilar to Cas last night.  If Saints are stalled in the first 10 mins (Like in CC) but allow them the momentum you will always be on the back front.

Wigans best bet is to take it easy for the game next week! And hope it is dry.

1 minute ago, Griff9of13 said:

do they concede defeat and try to conserve some energy for next week?

1 minute ago, Rupert Prince said:

Wigans best bet is to take it easy for the game next week! And hope it is dry.

Great minds... ?

"it is a well known fact that those people who most want to rule people are, ipso facto, those least suited to do it."

What do Wigan do to pull this back? Or do they concede defeat and try to conserve some energy for next week?

Rest Powell, Williams, Hardaker and Leuluia, no need to play them this second half as we just aren’t good enough. That said, I can’t see us winning next week either.

2 minutes ago, 7723 said:

Rest Powell, Williams, Hardaker and Leuluia, no need to play them this second half as we just aren’t good enough. That said, I can’t see us winning next week either.

They're all looking seriously knackered tonight. You do wonder if they've got another 80 minutes in them never mind another 160! But you never know.

That was #### poor defence from Wigan there; a decent tackle on Thompson then the rest of the team stand back in admiration and let LMS romp through.

They're all looking seriously knackered tonight. You do wonder if they've got another 80 minutes in them never mind another 160! But you never know.

Last week clearly took a lot out of them. I think Salford will have far too much for us. Our props are awful and we rely on our backs too much which Saints have easily closed down tonight. 

Archived