2020 Squad and signings

SINGE

New signing - Daniel Igbinedion, Prop.

With the best, thats a good bit of PR, though I would say the Bedford team, theres, like, you know, 13 blokes who can get together at the weekend to have a game together, which doesnt point to expansion of the game. Point, yeah go on!

• Replies 203
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Fullback - Abram

Wing - Johnson, Kay, Aaronson

Centre - Worthington, Leeming, Hutchings

Utility Back - 

Half back - Hewitt, Charnock, Brook

Prop - Spencer, Sheriffe, Joy, Davies, Igbinedion

Hooker - Owen, Wilkinson

Second Row - Langtree, Bridge, Smith

Loose Forward - Bent

Squad = 21

With the best, thats a good bit of PR, though I would say the Bedford team, theres, like, you know, 13 blokes who can get together at the weekend to have a game together, which doesnt point to expansion of the game. Point, yeah go on!

He's a good player is Igbinedion.  He isn't your typical Oldham player either of just hard graft but he's a tackle breaker. Not sure why Dewsbury let him go though.

He killed us a couple of seasons ago when we played Fev at the Fold.

On 01/01/2020 at 19:05, m brooksy said:

He's a good player is Igbinedion.  He isn't your typical Oldham player either of just hard graft but he's a tackle breaker. Not sure why Dewsbury let him go though.

Get his head right and he's a good player ..... athletic strong and a fair turn of pace!!   BUT!!!! allegedly a complete liability in the dressing room .... bad attitude doesn't turn up for training ... thinks he's better than the team doesn't always turn up for games ... gives away silly penalties ... short fuse!!   I could go on but Cas let him go Fev let him go Sheffield let him go and we let him go twice!!! .... as I said if Diskin can sort him he's a really good player ... but Diskin won't sort him! ..... of course this is just my opinion!

If he becomes diskins mate he will never be dropped

'Shaw cross juniors, Birkenshaw, Mirfield, Heckmondwike Panthers, Stainland Stags and then the Heavy woolen donkeys... WARDY, STOZZA, GT, KARL OR KEAR MUST OF DROPPED A DIGIT FROM MY MOBILE NUMBER! :clapping:

On 01/01/2020 at 19:05, m brooksy said:

Dewsbury let him go because,now where do I begin.

Not turning up for training.

Failure to turn up for a game.

Overall a bad attitude.

Don't get me wrong with the right head on and attitude you’ve got a good player but going on 24 he’s already had a few clubs, Oxford,Castleford, Fev, Sheffield and us twice.

We had a similar player a few years ago, who turned up with a bad reputation and had played for several clubs. It was, more and less, last chance saloon for him to show how consistently good he could be. His name was Rob Roberts and he didn't do too badly for us, to say the least. Maybe this guy can do the same.

• 2 weeks later...

Fullback - Abram

Wing - Johnson, Kay, Aaronson

Utility Back - 

Prop - Spencer, Sheriffe, Joy, Davies, Igbinedion

Hooker - Owen, Wilkinson

Second Row - Langtree, Bridge, Smith, Fletcher

Loose Forward - Bent

Squad = 22

• 2 weeks later...
5 hours ago, The Phantom Horseman said:

Jimmy Beckett has rejoined you on a season-long loan (with return clause). Probably a good move for both clubs, Jimmy wouldn't be in the running for a place in the 17 at Fev at the moment but has gone quite well in pre-season and needs more experience at this level.

Did really well last season and got better with every game. Be interesting to see how he goes in the champ. 

Fullback - Abram

Wing - Johnson, Kay, Aaronson

Utility Back - 

Prop - Spencer, Sheriffe, Joy, Davies, Igbinedion, Beckett

Hooker - Owen, Wilkinson

Second Row - Langtree, Bridge, Smith, Fletcher

Loose Forward - Bent

Squad = 23

Still a very light squad.  

Gwaze now signed on loan.  Played well last year and had a massive engine getting through tons of work. Think he will have improved having another super league pre season as well playing in all Wakey's games I think.

With the signings of Fletcher, Beckett and now Gwaze our prop stocks have really improved even though they are all 20 or under.

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

Archived