Jump to content
tiffers

Silly Season: Name your Expansion Town & Why

Recommended Posts

Derby 

The Diggers 

Bright yellow Jersey with black shorts and yellow socks. Same colour as diggers. 

JCB as the headquarters are only a 30 minute drive from Derby and the owners sons friends nephew will be bank rolling the team. 

Will play out of Derby county's ground. 

Josh Hodgson will be the star player 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
  • Name your town/team
  • Nickname for the club
  • Club colours & why
  • Kit main sponsor & why
  • Home Stadium
  • Name your marquee player.

Skegness Storm

Skeg

Purple like Melbourne

Skegness Stadium - obviously would need making into a rugby ground as it currently a speedway but it's not the first time that both have been at the same ground.

Marquee: Owen Farrell just because of the high profile

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Name your town/team - Fort William Highland Coos

Nickname for the club - The Mountaineers

Kit main sponsor & why - Irn Bru!

Home Stadium - Purpose built sports complex on the summit of Ben Nevis

Name your marquee player. - Neil Cowie

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
  • Name your town/team
  • Nickname for the club
  • Club colours & why
  • Kit main sponsor & why
  • Home Stadium
  • Name your marquee player.

Pontypridd RLFC

The Colliers 

Black and white - traditional colours of Pontypridd

University of South Wales - they are based in Pontypridd and have an all weather sports training facility nearby

Sardis Road - The House of Pain

Dan Biggar

  • Like 1

PROUD TO BE A MEMBER OF http://www.rugbyleaguecares.org/ and http://www.walesrugbyleague.co.uk/article/8790/join-team-wales-for-2013

Predictions for the future -

Crusaders RL to get a franchise for 2012 onwards -WRONG

Widnes Vikings also to get a franchise - RIGHT

Crusaders RL to do the double over Widnes and finish five places ahead of them -WRONG

Widnes Vikings NOT to dominate rugby league in years to come! STILL TO COME

http://www.pitchero.com/clubs/cardiffdemonsrlfc/

http://www.walesrugbyleague.co.uk/

I promise to pay �10 to the charity of Bomb Jacks choice if Widnes Millionaires finish above the battling underdogs Crusaders RL. I OWE A TENNER!

http://www.jaxaxe.co...89/Default.aspx

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 26/11/2019 at 07:06, Copa said:

Winchester Round Tables

 

This is why we don't let Australians have history.

  • Haha 1

I can confirm 30+ less sales for Scotland vs Italy at Workington, after this afternoons test purchase for the Tonga match, £7.50 is extremely reasonable, however a £2.50 'delivery' fee for a walk in purchase is beyond taking the mickey, good luck with that, it's cheaper on the telly.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 26/11/2019 at 07:19, Eddie said:
  • Norfolk Iceni
  • The Carrot Crunchers
  • Black with a tasteful white red and yellow V (colours of the Norfolk flag). 
  • Colman’s Mustard (and casserole mixes)
  • Carra Rud (as its known locally)
  • Ben Youngs (he’s from round here apparently, though no idea if he’s still any good or not). 

Love it, surely the new stadium is The Queen Boudica? Got to be some reference to her in the club.. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 25/11/2019 at 22:35, tiffers said:

So without further ado...

Truro, Cornwall. Known as the Cornish Marauders RLFC. Will play in the Cornish colours of black with a gold & white cross - think England RL shirt.

Main sponsor will be Cornish Rattler, 7% local cyder that gets you from A to B very efficiently, delivering a cracking hangover the next day.

To play at the "Stadium for Cornwall" when completed (8k expected), prior to that will share Truro FC's home ground Treyew Rd, cap. 3,200. Should meet SL standards.

Marquee player would be Martin Taupau, he fancies swapping Manly beach for Fistral beach. I didn't fancy Zak Hardaker with alcohol at that strength around the joint...

Cornish Rebels established in 2013 who play in Black and Gold, sponsored by Doom Bar, and have an agreement to play in the Stadium for Cornwall once its built, already exists ?

  • Like 2
  • Thanks 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
16 minutes ago, CornishRebel said:

Cornish Rebels established in 2013 who play in Black and Gold, sponsored by Doom Bar, and have an agreement to play in the Stadium for Cornwall once its built, already exists ?

Once in this stadium, what’s the plan? Join League One?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 hours ago, Oliver Clothesoff said:

Once in this stadium, what’s the plan? Join League One?

That has to be the long term ambition for sure, in the mean time the club will continue to develop the game within schools and look to further their spread across the whole county to create a pathway from juniors through to open age rugby league. 

  • Like 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
5 minutes ago, CornishRebel said:

That has to be the long term ambition for sure, in the mean time the club will continue to develop the game within schools and look to further their spread across the whole county to create a pathway from juniors through to open age rugby league. 

As a Saints fan, how did the link happen and what do Saints do for you?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Just now, Oliver Clothesoff said:

As a Saints fan, how did the link happen and what do Saints do for you?

We where put in contact with the guys at Saints Foundation by a Saints fan who has a holiday home in Cornwall, after a visit and couple of phone calls we created a community development partnership. 

The foundation support all our schools and junior activity and send coaches down throughout the year when we host development days and schools competitions. They have also helped us to educate coaches to be able to deliver Rugby League sessions.

Rugby League is now the main Rugby Competition on the Cornwall School Games at Primary level with around 250 schools taking part each year. At secondary level we have around 12 schools who regularly attend our development days from years 7 to 9. In time we hope to create our own juniors with satellite clubs across the county all under the Rebels umbrella. 

  • Like 13

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 hours ago, CornishRebel said:

Rugby League is now the main Rugby Competition on the Cornwall School Games at Primary level with around 250 schools taking part each year. At secondary level we have around 12 schools who regularly attend our development days from years 7 to 9. In time we hope to create our own juniors with satellite clubs across the county all under the Rebels umbrella. 

That is remarkable, fantastic news. Well done ? 

  • Thanks 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
9 hours ago, Oliver Clothesoff said:

Once in this stadium, what’s the plan? Join League One?

You’ll probably pinch the talent..

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I haven't had a go at this yet so let's see, 

Team: Ost Berliner Rugby-Club 

Nickname: Die Spione (the spies or the spy men) 

Colours: black, red, yellow

Sponsor: Trabant (East Germany's most famous export) 

Home stadium: Friedrich-Ludwig-Jahn-Sportpark (home to Dynamo Berliner, the Stassi's football team and just round the corner from their most notorious torture prison, Hohenshonehausen). 

Marquee: Jimmy Keinhorst, cos you know, Germany for the Germans. (and cos he's the only German international I can think of off the top of my head). 

 

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
17 hours ago, SL17 said:

You’ll probably pinch the talent..

Doubt that will be necessary. There is plenty of raw rugby talent down here.

I would imagine in the medium term the place will add to the player pool, not drain it.

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, The Hallucinating Goose said:

I haven't had a go at this yet so let's see, 

Team: Ost Berliner Rugby-Club 

Nickname: Die Spione (the spies or the spy men) 

Colours: black, red, yellow

Sponsor: Trabant (East Germany's most famous export) 

Home stadium: Friedrich-Ludwig-Jahn-Sportpark (home to Dynamo Berliner, the Stassi's football team and just round the corner from their most notorious torture prison, Hohenshonehausen). 

Marquee: Jimmy Keinhorst, cos you know, Germany for the Germans. (and cos he's the only German international I can think of off the top of my head). 

 

 

Not a German international but Tom Johnstone was born in Germany I believe.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
3 hours ago, Rioman said:

Not a German international but Tom Johnstone was born in Germany I believe.

You mean apart from his 9 caps for Germany? 

https://www.rugbyleagueproject.org/players/jimmy-keinhorst/summary.html

His brothers Nicholas and Kristian also German internationals. I believe Jimmy began his playing career playing Union for Heidelberg, a gorgeous university town near frankfurt. I once stayed in a hotel next to Heidelberg's ground. 

If there is one thing that has been done over and over on here more than anything (well up there anyway) it's international eligibility. You don't have to be born in a country to be a rugby league International for that country. Blake Austin played for Portugal for god sake! 

Edit. Just done the research, apparently the keinhorsts' father is German and called Wolfgang. 

Edited by The Hallucinating Goose

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
4 hours ago, The Hallucinating Goose said:

I haven't had a go at this yet so let's see, 

Team: Ost Berliner Rugby-Club 

Nickname: Die Spione (the spies or the spy men) 

Colours: black, red, yellow

Sponsor: Trabant (East Germany's most famous export) 

Home stadium: Friedrich-Ludwig-Jahn-Sportpark (home to Dynamo Berliner, the Stassi's football team and just round the corner from their most notorious torture prison, Hohenshonehausen). 

Marquee: Jimmy Keinhorst, cos you know, Germany for the Germans. (and cos he's the only German international I can think of off the top of my head). 

 

 

Plenty of goose stepping in attacking play right? 

  • Haha 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
21 hours ago, SL17 said:

You’ll probably pinch the talent..

Why shouldn’t they, if they are funding and supporting it all? 

This is exactly what more clubs should be doing in latent areas. It ultimately creates a pathway where there was not one before and creates a wider playing pool at the same time

  • Like 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
6 minutes ago, DoubleD said:

Why shouldn’t they, if they are funding and supporting it all? 

This is exactly what more clubs should be doing in latent areas. It ultimately creates a pathway where there was not one before and creates a wider playing pool at the same time

I’m not disagreeing with you.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
  • Name your town/team

           Farsley RLFC

  • Nickname for the club

           The Flatcappers

  • Club colours & why

            Tweed Green and Yellow

  • Kit main sponsor & why

            Fursty Ferret Ale

  • Home Stadium

            Purpose build indoor dome (in a barn), 1 mile off the M62 motorway, outside of Leeds, seating 50 people. Hay       bales. Standing area of 150, Whippets free entry.

  • Name your marquee player.

            Garry Schofield

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.


  • Recently Browsing   0 members

    No registered users viewing this page.



×
×
  • Create New...