Rhinos game - Wetherby whaler

If I’m honest I’m worried about trinity this year... our main playmaker and only scrum half is almost 40... we are carrying several older (experienced) players who are likely to play less games than they miss. Some our main strike players had crippling injuries last year. Players in are not generally of good stock. 

13 minutes ago, Wollongong said:

If I’m honest I’m worried about trinity this year... our main playmaker and only scrum half is almost 40

Broughy is still an absolute gun- I wouldn't worry a jot about him

If your nutritionist can put a body on Alex Walker he could be a genuine SL quality player. I really hope Jay has a sensational season for you... He was very well loved down here

33 minutes ago, Wollongong said:

If I’m honest I’m worried about trinity this year... our main playmaker and only scrum half is almost 40... we are carrying several older (experienced) players who are likely to play less games than they miss. Some our main strike players had crippling injuries last year. Players in are not generally of good stock. 

This was my concern around Trin, they’re worth keeping an eye on in the battle for survival next year, IMO. 

1 hour ago, Wollongong said:

Think your are spot on with your assessment. 

Also when all other clubs have invested in their half backs ,trinity are going with an old man and an headless chicken. Could be a long hard season ahead.

2 hours ago, Bedfordshire Bronco said:

Broughy is still an absolute gun- I wouldn't worry a jot about him

If your nutritionist can put a body on Alex Walker he could be a genuine SL quality player. I really hope Jay has a sensational season for you... He was very well loved down here

Yep I think Brough will be as good as anyone in SL as long as he wants to be. Underrated, great player.

15 hours ago, Mr Frisky said:

Yep I think Brough will be as good as anyone in SL as long as he wants to be. Underrated, great player.

Never seen Brough as underrated  certainly not by me at least, He has been problem-some at times but all round a very very good player over a long period of time, As old as he is he can still be a match winner it just depends whether the Wakey pack can give him a chance, If not then he will get frustrated and very likely get the blame for anything that goes wrong. End of season i think Wakey will have surprised a few  (yet again )

Dont expect anything from a pig but a grunt

What a shame that what used to be one of the top fixtures of the year, is now reduced to "a preseason friendly the day after christmas which in reality means very little"  First live game I ever saw, Headingley Boxing Day 1960.  Leeds 7  Wakey 14.  I think there were 14K on.

“Few thought him even a starter.There were many who thought themselves smarter. But he ended PM, CH and OM. An Earl and a Knight of the Garter.”

Clement Attlee.

17 hours ago, Mr Frisky said:

I wouldn't go anywhere near Brough if I was recruiting and I never would have.

A player that is quick to blame his team mates for any errors is always going to have a negative effect on the team in the long run.

His attitude is awful and that permeates the teams he plays in.

"The history of the world is the history of the triumph of the heartless over the mindless." — Sir Humphrey Appleby.

"If someone doesn't value evidence, what evidence are you going to provide to prove that they should value it? If someone doesn't value logic, what logical argument could you provide to show the importance of logic?" — Sam Harris

1 hour ago, Dunbar said:

A player that is quick to blame his team mates for any errors is always going to have a negative effect on the team in the long run.

Then you would have missed a very good player, Surely a MOS must have had something in his time, He lifted the Giants for a few seasons anyway. When they had a strong pack he controlled the game and he did more than his share of tackling. sure he had his downside but i tend to look at peoples upside.

Dont expect anything from a pig but a grunt

3 hours ago, Trojan said:

What a shame that what used to be one of the top fixtures of the year, is now reduced to "a preseason friendly the day after christmas which in reality means very little"  First live game I ever saw, Headingley Boxing Day 1960.  Leeds 7  Wakey 14.  I think there were 14K on.

How many turned up yesterday? 

1 hour ago, Dunbar said:

Disagree, I think his expectations on the field are high and he shows a lot of passion. Always loved thar about him.... The other nonsense I'd happily live with / manage

3 hours ago, paulwalker71 said:

It was over 10K

So 14K doesn't exactly seem all that stellar in what was (we are often told) a 'golden era' for the sport - when winter rugby reigned supreme.

I think at the time it was near capacity for Headingley.  It certainly seemed very full, the only place we could get a good view was from the wall beside the slope down which the players used to take the field.

“Few thought him even a starter.There were many who thought themselves smarter. But he ended PM, CH and OM. An Earl and a Knight of the Garter.”

Clement Attlee.

10 hours ago, Bedfordshire Bronco said:

Disagree, I think his expectations on the field are high and he shows a lot of passion. Always loved thar about him.... The other nonsense I'd happily live with / manage

Maybe you are right. He is similar to Roy Keane in his approach to other players and it served him ok.

The overriding impression I get is that he is quick to find fault in others and blame even his own mistakes on team members and that cannot be good for moral. 

My feeling is that he is a better player than teammate and that negatively effects the teams he plays in.

"The history of the world is the history of the triumph of the heartless over the mindless." — Sir Humphrey Appleby.

"If someone doesn't value evidence, what evidence are you going to provide to prove that they should value it? If someone doesn't value logic, what logical argument could you provide to show the importance of logic?" — Sam Harris

5 hours ago, Dunbar said:

Maybe you are right. He is similar to Roy Keane in his approach to other players and it served him ok.

The overriding impression I get is that he is quick to find fault in others and blame even his own mistakes on team members and that cannot be good for moral. 

My feeling is that he is a better player than teammate and that negatively effects the teams he plays in.

I don’t think that was the case for Scotland, he seemed to relish it and carry players with him

Archived