Super League Launch

Dave T

• Replies 57
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Very good news that we have some content on the Amazon platform as the quality there is usually very good and reaches a different demographic. 

Did anyone on here even know this documentary was in production?

"The history of the world is the history of the triumph of the heartless over the mindless." — Sir Humphrey Appleby.

"If someone doesn't value evidence, what evidence are you going to provide to prove that they should value it? If someone doesn't value logic, what logical argument could you provide to show the importance of logic?" — Sam Harris

4 hours ago, Cheshire Setter said:

I hope the documentary will be restricted to Prime members with registered postcodes within commuting distance of the M62.   Otherwise Amazon clearly don’t know how to produce a RL programme.

?

Commuting distance?? That’s far too far, five miles from an M62 junction, at the most. 

1 hour ago, Man of Kent said:

Season launch video released on Saturday, apparently. Plenty of hype that it’s a good’un (though we heard that last year when it was distinctly mediocre)

I'm praying for no more moody, brooding shots, with a dark back drop, of players slowly turning towards the camera. And hopefully no Jermaine McGilvary getting out of bed. 

Heres hoping!

Newham Dockers - Champions 2013. Rugby League For East London. 100% Cockney Rugby League!

Twitter: @NewhamDockersRL - Get following!

www.newhamdockers.co.uk

7 minutes ago, EastLondonMike said:

I'm praying for no more moody, brooding shots, with a dark back drop, of players slowly turning towards the camera. And hopefully no Jermaine McGilvary getting out of bed. 

Heres hoping!

What was Jerry doing round at your gaff?

3 hours ago, longboard said:

What was Jerry doing round at your gaff?

Slowly getting out of bed.

He's not as quick as he used to be.

Newham Dockers - Champions 2013. Rugby League For East London. 100% Cockney Rugby League!

Twitter: @NewhamDockersRL - Get following!

www.newhamdockers.co.uk

So it seems the launch was positive, with a couple of snippets of good media things and a focus on the stars who have joined the comp this year. 

No news on international TV rights or any new sponsors. Fingers crossed that we get a series of announcements this week, but I would have expected new sponsors to have been involved in the launch. 

15 hours ago, Man of Kent said:

Season launch video released on Saturday, apparently. Plenty of hype that it’s a good’un (though we heard that last year when it was distinctly mediocre)

Hopefully we’ll see some actual rugby being played in it rather than players in the gym and getting out of bed.

The NRL always do really good promo videos

2 minutes ago, Mr Plow said:

Hopefully we’ll see some actual rugby being played in it rather than players in the gym and getting out of bed.

The NRL always do really good promo videos

I like the ones that marry players and RL culture, like the recent NRL promo showing a ride at night through ‘League land’.

Archived