coronavirus

4 minutes ago, shaun mc said:

Suppose it was inevitable with people (mostly) staying at home and cooking rather than takeaways

But has anyone tried to get hold of some salad leaves, rocket and spinach seeds?

The vast majority of places I tried were either out of stock, closed to catch up with orders or has 2 week delivery times. Planned on having them to start on by the weekend. Now it will be Easter

Mrs The Wife tried to get hold of seeds a few weeks ago. The flower seeds have turned up but not the veg ones, which are still 'on their way'.

Build a man a fire, and he'll be warm for a day. Set a man on fire, and he'll be warm for the rest of his life. (Terry Pratchett)

• Replies 7.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
1 minute ago, DavidM said:

One good thing about these endless people on the news talking by webcam is that you can have a good look round their house in the background 

Teams Blurred Background feature is really handy for stopping that.

Just now, Shadow said:

Be suspicious of anyone who blurs the background.  

With the best, thats a good bit of PR, though I would say the Bedford team, theres, like, you know, 13 blokes who can get together at the weekend to have a game together, which doesnt point to expansion of the game. Point, yeah go on!

Wimbledon is cancelled.

With the best, thats a good bit of PR, though I would say the Bedford team, theres, like, you know, 13 blokes who can get together at the weekend to have a game together, which doesnt point to expansion of the game. Point, yeah go on!

30 minutes ago, Shadow said:

Zoom allows you to replace it with a background of any picture. I'm cycling through holiday shots to annoy folk because I'm such a kind boss.

p.s. to everyone: yes, the politics thread is locked. no, it won't open anytime soon. I'm not wasting my short breaks moderating you lot.

"When in deadly danger, when beset by doubt; run in little circles, wave your arms and shout"

18 minutes ago, ckn said:

Zoom allows you to replace it with a background of any picture. I'm cycling through holiday shots to annoy folk because I'm such a kind boss.

p.s. to everyone: yes, the politics thread is locked. no, it won't open anytime soon. I'm not wasting my short breaks moderating you lot.

Just wait till the TRL Zoom chat.  You can moderate that!

mon = roads like a ghost town

tues-= roads like a sunday

wed today = roads very busy , the m62 was chochablock this morn at 7am as if everything is back to normal

this just tells me complacency has set in already and the govts half arsed lockdown is not working, I know loads of people planning to go back to work next week and wondering why they have been at home while others have been working, get the lockdown done right or might as well just re open the pubs etc before everyone just goes to each others houses this weekend, its a botch job that will end up costing more lives

see you later undertaker - in a while necrophile 

I usually work from home. For the first couple if weeks, things were quiet, but I find myself getting busier.

I think things came to a standstill while people figured out working from home. They now have the hang of it.

"You clearly have never met Bob8 then, he's like a veritable Bryan Ferry of RL." - Johnoco 19 Jul 2014

25 minutes ago, graveyard johnny said:

wed today = roads very busy , the m62 was chochablock this morn at 7am as if everything is back to normal

this just tells me complacency has set in already and the govts half arsed lockdown is not working, I know loads of people planning to go back to work next week and wondering why they have been at home while others have been working, get the lockdown done right or might as well just re open the pubs etc before everyone just goes to each others houses this weekend, its a botch job that will end up costing more lives

Italy only started to slow down their infection/death rate increases after total lockdown. And we've a woolly lockdown that's not really a lockdown.

"When in deadly danger, when beset by doubt; run in little circles, wave your arms and shout"

42 minutes ago, graveyard johnny said:

well maybe, but then their has been an awful lot of fuss about Police trying to enforce restrictions on travel... I would suggest that the various people complaining and talking about over-enforcement are more to blame. Personally don't think its a botch job but too many people need to see police enforce. Not helped by civil liability complainers. Seem too much of a co-incidence

My circle of family, friends and neighbours including their family friends, etc etc are all being extremely restrictive as per the......severe restrictions...

15 minutes ago, ckn said:

Italy only started to slow down their infection/death rate increases after total lockdown. And we've a woolly lockdown that's not really a lockdown.

Denmark has gone with a milder lockdown (earlier, but a similar stage) and it appears to be working.

Sweden are even visionaries to too disorganised to sort out a lock down, but they appear to be having success with recommendations.

I do not think there is a clear right way of doing it.

"You clearly have never met Bob8 then, he's like a veritable Bryan Ferry of RL." - Johnoco 19 Jul 2014

16 minutes ago, ckn said:

Don’t worry, on the main board, they’re already planning restarting rugby league once the peak has passed inside the next fortnight.

Build a man a fire, and he'll be warm for a day. Set a man on fire, and he'll be warm for the rest of his life. (Terry Pratchett)

Just now, Bob8 said:

Denmark has gone with a milder lockdown (earlier, but a similar stage) and it appears to be working.

Sweden are even visionaries to too disorganised to sort out a lock down, but they appear to be having success with recommendations.

I do not think there is a clear right way of doing it.

The Danes and Swedes seem to have some basic civilisation going though, unlike here where people refused to behave.

Just now, ckn said:

The Danes and Swedes seem to have some basic civilisation going though, unlike here where people refused to behave.

It is a factor. They are more domesticated. Which, I fear, does not bode well for the USA.

31 minutes ago, ckn said:

Image may contain: possible text that says 'It has begun..... yes, she is at the return counter trying to do exactly what it looks like.'

A woman tried to do the same thing here at the local grocery store...she was told no refunds but she could stand in front of the store and give people free rolls of paper or she could donate it in the food bank hamper by the front store on her way out.

18 minutes ago, redjonn said:

well maybe, but then their has been an awful lot of fuss about Police trying to enforce restrictions on travel... I would suggest that the various people complaining and talking about over-enforcement are more to blame. Personally don't think its a botch job but too many people need to see police enforce. Not helped by civil liability complainers. Seem too much of a co-incidence

My circle of family, friends and neighbours including their family friends, etc etc are all being extremely restrictive as per the......severe restrictions...

oops that of course should have said civil libertarians.... 

unfortunately a stroke side effect causes me to confuse words.... or maybe I was just really bad doing English at school... 

Archived