Jump to content
Sign in to follow this  
John Drake

16 Feb: SL: Hull FC v St Helens KO 3pm

Who will win?  

47 members have voted

This poll is closed to new votes
  1. 1. Who will win?

    • Hull FC
      33
    • St Helens
      14

  • Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.
  • Poll closed on 16/02/20 at 15:00

Recommended Posts

Hull FC by 10 in a high scoring match

Edited by Bleep1673

Sex and Money are like Oxygen

They're not important until you're not getting enough.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
8 hours ago, Old Frightful said:

Both Hull and Saints have already been on TV twice. Surely it's better to see all teams on TV over the season rather than those who just happen to be near the top of the league at the time.

That wouldn't include hull then, they don't happen to be near the top at all. Dreadful season coming up 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Not biting today mate.


                                                                        RADFORD OUT!

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Think we’ll probably lose, though we have returnees. Those returnees haven’t played since the Grand Final, so there will be some questions over their fitness and readiness to be playing but we’re short on the ground in a couple of areas. We rode our luck last year in terms of injuries and managed a one legged James Roby without many hiccups last year, so we’ve been due some bad luck and I’d rather it now than come August time. 

I think we’ll struggle against Hull’s pack. We do struggle against physical packs and I think we will again here. 

FC by 10+ but a better performance from Saints than last week. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

A few changes to the Hull starting line up, Andre Savelio being the most notable absentee, here's the two squads :

Hull FC: Jamie Shaul, Carlos Tuimavave, Josh Griffin, Adam Swift, Jake Connor, Marc Sneyd, Scott Taylor, Danny Houghton, Josh Jones, Ligi Sao, Jordan Johnstone, Masi Matongo, Brad Fash, Jordan Lane, Josh Bowden, Mahe Fonua, Connor Wynne, Kieran Buchanan, Gareth Ellis, Ratu Naulago, Charlie Patterson-Lund

St Helens: Tommy Makinson, Kevin Naiqama, Regan Grace, Jonny Lomax, Theo Fages, Alex Walmsley,  Luke Thompson, Zeb Taia, Dom Peyroux, Louie McCarthy-Scarsbrook, Morgan Knowles, Matty Lees, Kyle Amor, Jack Ashworth, Joseph Paulo, Aaron Smith, James Bentley, Matty Costello, Jack Welsby, Lewis Dodd, Tom Nisbet.

 

  • Haha 1

                                                                        RADFORD OUT!

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 hours ago, Old Frightful said:

A few changes to the Hull starting line up, Andre Savelio being the most notable absentee, here's the two squads :

Hull FC: Jamie Shaul, Carlos Tuimavave, Josh Griffin, Adam Swift, Jake Connor, Marc Sneyd, Scott Taylor, Danny Houghton, Josh Jones, Ligi Sao, Jordan Johnstone, Masi Matongo, Brad Fash, Jordan Lane, Josh Bowden, Mahe Fonua, Connor Wynne, Kieran Buchanan, Gareth Ellis, Ratu Naulago, Charlie Patterson-Lund

St Helens: Tommy Makinson, Kevin Naiqama, Regan Grace, Jonny Lomax, Theo Fages, Alex Walmsley,  Luke Thompson, Zeb Taia, Dom Peyroux, Louie McCarthy-Scarsbrook, Morgan Knowles, Matty Lees, Kyle Amor, Jack Ashworth, Joseph Paulo, Aaron Smith, James Bentley, Matty Costello, Jack Welsby, Lewis Dodd, Tom Nisbet.

 

Can only see a saint helens victory here. Hull have a weaker looking squad week by week. The writings on the wall

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Now that I have seen the squads I have to edge towards Saints. Walmsley being there and Savelio not being there is a pretty big swing in terms of the overall strength of the packs. We can still put out a good starting 13 but the bench will be pretty weak.

I think this game will tell us a lot about who we are this year. No shame in losing but I don't want to see a lacklustre effort and excuses about injuries. If we lose easily and Radford comes on and immediately starts talking about all the missing players then I know nothing has really changed from last year. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Saints will be hurting and want to bounce back .Hull are looking a decent team and should be up for this . If Saints lose this it could be a season " after " hangover . I'll take Hull by 7 


 Soon we will be dancing the fandango
FROM 2004,TO DO WHAT THIS CLUB HAS DONE,IF THATS NOT GREATNESSTHEN i DONT KNOW WHAT IS.

JAMIE PEACOCK

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Saints squad is better with big alex back and in need of a performance before the WCC next week, Hull with a number of forwards missing, could go either way just fancy saints. 

Edited by ELBOWSEYE

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Hull side could be:

Shaul; Naulago, Tuimavave, Fonua, Swift; Connor, Sneyd; Taylor, Houghton, Sao, Jones, Griffin, Ellis; Bowden, Matongo, Fash, Lane.

Still a good squad, but not our best squad.

What is Saints' likely lineup?


Wells%20Motors%20(Signature)_zps67e534e4.jpg

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
13 hours ago, Wellsy4HullFC said:

Hull side could be:

Shaul; Naulago, Tuimavave, Fonua, Swift; Connor, Sneyd; Taylor, Houghton, Sao, Jones, Griffin, Ellis; Bowden, Matongo, Fash, Lane.

Still a good squad, but not our best squad.

What is Saints' likely lineup?

No Johnstone?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
16 hours ago, Wellsy4HullFC said:

Hull side could be:

Shaul; Naulago, Tuimavave, Fonua, Swift; Connor, Sneyd; Taylor, Houghton, Sao, Jones, Griffin, Ellis; Bowden, Matongo, Fash, Lane.

Still a good squad, but not our best squad.

What is Saints' likely lineup?

I would guess:

Welsby, Makinson, Naiqama, Costello, Grace, Lomax, Fages, Lees, Bentley, Thompson, Peyroux, Taia, McCarthy-Scarsbrook
Subs: Knowles, Amor, Paulo, Smith

I'd be surprised if Walmsley plays, but think we will bring Makinson, Amor and Knowles back if we can. Unsure whether last bench spot will go to Paulo or Ashworth. The former has been better so far this year in my view and from Woolf's comments I think he feels the same. Of course, both might play if Amor isn't ready.


Twitter: @TrylineBlog 
Latest Blog: Great Britain vs Australia 2006 - Watchalong! - LINK: https://thetryline.blogspot.com/2020/03/tryline-blog-watch-along-2.html

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
16 hours ago, ELBOWSEYE said:

Saints squad is better with big alex back and in need of a performance before the WCC next week, Hull with a number of forwards missing, could go either way just fancy saints. 

Agree with this now, having mulled over the squads. Think Saints by 8. ☹


                                                                        RADFORD OUT!

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

7 posts removed. Play nicely...


"When in deadly danger, when beset by doubt; run in little circles, wave your arms and shout"

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 minute ago, Hullfan said:

Your biting today then, keep ya chin's up!! 

You could easily have affected the plans of Saints fans who have around 130 miles to travel each way.

It was a brainless thing to post.

  • Like 3

                                                                        RADFORD OUT!

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Just now, Old Frightful said:

You could easily have affected the plans of Saints fans who have around 130 miles to travel each way.

It was a brainless thing to post.

Well said. It certainly messed me about for the last hour or so. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

So anyway after that strange little exchange, I can confirm that the weather in Hull actually isn't bad at all. In fact by kick off it should be pretty good conditions for RL, although the wind will still be fairly stiff.

That might play a part actually, the boy Welsby hasn't looked totally convincing under the high ball when I've seen him so I expect Sneyd to be putting snow on some of his kicks to test him out a bit. 

I go hopeful rather than confident today. We have a good enough team to win this and have played well so far, but until I see evidence that we have improved our mental fortitude I will always be slightly fearful going into games like this. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
4 minutes ago, Treize Hombres said:

Well said. It certainly messed me about for the last hour or so. 

Hopefully it hasn't affected your plans. Safe trip over if you are still making it. 

  • Thanks 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
5 minutes ago, MZH said:

Hopefully it hasn't affected your plans. Safe trip over if you are still making it. 

Thanks for that. At least I can finally set off now 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Hearing that Lewis Dodd will make his debut at 7, Lomax will move to 1 and Welsby will be in the centres. 

Interesting move and a ballsy one a week before the Sydney game from Woolf. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
22 hours ago, Old Frightful said:

Agree with this now, having mulled over the squads. Think Saints by 8. ☹

If Hull get that close it will be a significant improvement on last season. Saints were the only team in the competition we didn't beat last year and were head and shoulders above any other opponents we faced. To borrow one of Lee Radford's favourite phrases, we didn't lay a glove on them.

Looking forward to it. It's a good test for us.


Old Faithful we never lose at Wembley

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

Sign in to follow this  

  • Recently Browsing   0 members

    No registered users viewing this page.



×
×
  • Create New...