Losing speed

Bert1

2 minutes ago, Bert1 said:

Tomkins is pedestrian now. Quite shocking how his acceleration and agility disappeared 5 odd years ago. Anyone else?

Joel was never that quick to start with...

Let me never fall into the vulgar mistake of dreaming that I am persecuted whenever I am contradicted.
Ralph Waldo Emerson

1 hour ago, Man of Kent said:

Sam Tomkins? Sure he’s slowed but he’s got a slightly odd gait that’s very ‘hippy’ with a high centre of gravity that perhaps makes him look slower than he really is. Still very sharp between the ears though and a fine player in my book. 

No doubt a quality footballer but I watched his early highlights and he’s shadow of his old self running with the ball.

I'm gaining speed.  Well I'm not, it's just all the other dads in the village are losing speed quicker than me*.  If I don't medal at this year's school sports race, there will be an inquiry.

*That may or may not be true, but it's what I like to imagine.

But yeah generally rugby players get slower each year.  Any injuries to the lower half of the body take their toll.  Players need to reinvent themselves I think.  I thought Tomkins would be groomed into being a more organizational 6, but his game has evolved as a full back too.

18 minutes ago, m brooksy said:

Charnley has turned into a right carthorse since he's come back from Union. Got absolutely roasted by Burgess in Round 1

That surprised me.  I thought he looked ok generally, to be honest, but Burgess gassed him over the first 10 metres.

7 minutes ago, Red Willow said:

Tomkins has also got lazier and nastier the older he gets.

If someone side steps him he seems reluctant to chase, even to make the angle harder. 

Dont agree, I think he has took a lot of responsibility at Cats as an older, experienced player.

3 hours ago, Mr Frisky said:

A finished player who could get into any anf every SL side if he became available.....

Is that true though? I think he is a good player still, but would he command a starting spot at Saints, Wigan, Warrington, Hull? 

8 minutes ago, graveyard johnny said:

what about forum members losing their ability to spell?

I assess that over 60% of people can't spell lose/losing based on my online activity. I'm loosing my mind.

Formerly Alistair Boyd-Meaney

fifty thousand Poouunds from Keighley...weve had im gid."

3736-mipm.gif

MIPM Project Management and Business Solutions "

Discounts available for forum members contact me for details

As Israel said in order to secure a new contract, I'm loosing my religion. 

"The history of the world is the history of the triumph of the heartless over the mindless." — Sir Humphrey Appleby.

"If someone doesn't value evidence, what evidence are you going to provide to prove that they should value it? If someone doesn't value logic, what logical argument could you provide to show the importance of logic?" — Sam Harris

5 hours ago, Mr Frisky said:

A finished player who could get into any anf every SL side if he became available.....

Not saying he isn’t good but he used to be dangerous from 60+m out. Looks slow to me now and has been for 5 years. It’s the most noticeable decline for a great attacker IMO.

Archived