Owen Farrell back?

27 minutes ago, del capo said:

Did a  trip to sort out an RL community  tour in the 70's. Didn't come off but....

Ended up on Limoux market square  when on  one corner was Louis  Bonnery's sports shop.

On the other  corner was his bar and Blanquette was in barrels on draft....... Forget silly glasses measures.....  and the great man serving  behind the bar himself.   One of the  best session in my life.....

Good old Louis his 60th birthday party was a treat his wife did a toast to LOUIS AND ALL HIS LOVERS GIRLFRIENDS AND MISTRESSES ?

• Replies 114
  • Created
  • Last Reply
On ‎23‎/‎04‎/‎2020 at 19:53, ATLANTISMAN said:

Over priced rubbish anyway Kent and Hampshire (Champagne) is of a far better quality nowadays:)

Paul

Prefer Cava myself.  Same grape, same method, fraction of the price, and I can't tell the difference

“Few thought him even a starter.There were many who thought themselves smarter. But he ended PM, CH and OM. An Earl and a Knight of the Garter.”

Clement Attlee.

• 2 months later...
On 23/04/2020 at 09:05, Harry Stottle said:

Hi CW, would that be Quillan by any chance, I was very interested in buying a property down there a few years ago as a holiday home/let, it was overlooking the river in town, that was about 10 to 12 years ago now  but the further I went into it the more and more "red tape" seemed to be put in front of me in the process so I pulled out, I retired a couple of years later and now I wished I had persevered, is it good living in the area? 

Huge apologies for the slightly overdue response. I've been doing me hair. 😁

Yup, you're bang on. We've been living on the edge of Quillan a couple of years now. It's beautiful. However, and sadly, we are looking at moving back to the UK and have had to put our home on the market.

It's a wonderful place to live. The Dragons are an hour away, the Limoux  Grizzlies are 25 mins up the road. Wine is cheap and plentiful and the scenery is stunning (l drive through the gorge most days and never tire of it). I get out on the cycle or motorbike as often as poss' as the roads are superb to ride along.

It's never too late!😀

4 minutes ago, CiderWire said:

Huge apologies for the slightly overdue response. I've been doing me hair. 😁

Yup, you're bang on. We've been living on the edge of Quillan a couple of years now. It's beautiful. However, and sadly, we are looking at moving back to the UK and have had to put our home on the market.

If you would care to share the reason why the move back, I am interested, obviously if it is of a personal nature I will undersrand if you do not respond.

The rugby league ball is harder to kick, but if he could be anywhere near as good he would be the best tactical kicker in the world game. His defence is also better than most Union players. 

On 22/04/2020 at 21:36, Dunbar said:

I like Trueman and I think he can be top quality if he continues to develop but the halves are a particularly weak area for us.

I think given another 18 months of NRL , George Williams will be your man.  Just a matter now of getting the swagger.

As far as 5/8, Widdop was as good as anyone over here.

Just a couple strike centres outside them would be good.

2 hours ago, Harry Stottle said:

If you would care to share the reason why the move back, I am interested, obviously if it is of a personal nature I will undersrand if you do not respond.

It is for personal/family reasons, but neither of us want to leave. Right this very second we are sat on the front terrace, enjoyng lunch, listening to the birds and crickets up in the lush green trees which are framed by a a perfect blue sky. The rosé is in the fridge, the chicken is marinating and the pool is looking crystal clear and very inviting.

All of which sounds very pretentious but it really isn't. You could by this place for  the price of 3 bed semi in the UK!

Our story was on TV a wee while ago on A New Life In The Sun........ which was fun.😁

6 minutes ago, CiderWire said:

It is for personal/family reasons, but neither of us want to leave. Right this very second we are sat on the front terrace, enjoyng lunch, listening to the birds and crickets up in the lush green trees which are framed by a a perfect blue sky. The rosé is in the fridge, the chicken is marinating and the pool is looking crystal clear and very inviting.

All of which sounds very pretentious but it really isn't. You could by this place for  the price of 3 bed semi in the UK!

Our story was on TV a wee while ago on A New Life In The Sun........ which was fun.😁

Where was my invite? 😁

1 hour ago, CiderWire said:

Thanks for that. Because of my interest in the area I think I may have see that programme, but now you have my curiosity going and I will try to find it again, I seem to remember Channel 4 still having a link for all the Place in the........... series.

I may PM you if that is OK?

33 minutes ago, Harry Stottle said:

Thanks for that. Because of my interest in the area I think I may have see that programme, but now you have my curiosity going and I will try to find it again, I seem to remember Channel 4 still having a link for all the Place in the........... series.

I may PM you if that is OK?

Of course it is mate. 

38 minutes ago, Harry Stottle said:

Tried to PM you but it says CiderWire cannot recieve messages?

Perhaps you could try PM'ing me if all else fails with a contact address?

I've PMd you' H'

6 hours ago, The Rocket said:

I think given another 18 months of NRL , George Williams will be your man.  Just a matter now of getting the swagger.

As far as 5/8, Widdop was as good as anyone over here.

Just a couple strike centres outside them would be good.

18 months? Williams is one of the better halves in the NRL already and we're hardly swimming in quality contenders for the England team. Widdop was arguably the best player in the world for a period a couple of seasons ago but I think him dropping to SL and Williams doing well in NRL will put Williams ahead. He seems to have developed in his short time under Stuart and was a good player anyway.

Williams and Trueman are probably the future for England in the halves.

Formerly Alistair Boyd-Meaney

fifty thousand Poouunds from Keighley...weve had im gid."

3736-mipm.gif

MIPM Project Management and Business Solutions "

Discounts available for forum members contact me for details

6 hours ago, CiderWire said:

the chicken is marinating and the pool is looking crystal clear

I may have had a couple already today but I read that as 'the chicken is marinating in the pool'!

"The history of the world is the history of the triumph of the heartless over the mindless." — Sir Humphrey Appleby.

"If someone doesn't value evidence, what evidence are you going to provide to prove that they should value it? If someone doesn't value logic, what logical argument could you provide to show the importance of logic?" — Sam Harris

3 hours ago, Dunbar said:

I may have had a couple already today but I read that as 'the chicken is marinating in the pool'!

That would be interesting 😂😂

18 hours ago, Tex Evans Thigh said:

18 months? Williams is one of the better halves in the NRL already and we're hardly swimming in quality contenders for the England team. Widdop was arguably the best player in the world for a period a couple of seasons ago but I think him dropping to SL and Williams doing well in NRL will put Williams ahead. He seems to have developed in his short time under Stuart and was a good player anyway.

Williams and Trueman are probably the future for England in the halves.

You’re having a tremendous pull if you think Widdop at any stage was a worthy pro-argument for best player in the world.

7 hours ago, Sports Prophet said:

You’re having a tremendous pull if you think Widdop at any stage was a worthy pro-argument for best player in the world.

During parts of 2017 he was outstanding, almost untouchable, particularly in the early parts of that season when the Dragons were going really well. I know people have short memories, but for a period there he would have been in the conversation for best player in the world. He won Dally M stand-off of the year even despite the injury and slight dip in form he suffered.

From the season review that year:

The English international also managed to finish third overall (24 points) on the Dally M Leaderboard – which was eventually won by Storm skipper Cameron Smith.

Widdop was the only player to pose a real threat to Smith's eventually second Dally M Medal win after he jumped to the lead after 20 rounds.

Though in the end Widdop's knee injury suffered against the Roosters on Anzac Day came back to haunt him – after the 28-year-old was forced to miss three games and England's Test against Samoa earlier in 2017

Formerly Alistair Boyd-Meaney

fifty thousand Poouunds from Keighley...weve had im gid."

3736-mipm.gif

MIPM Project Management and Business Solutions "

Discounts available for forum members contact me for details

On 18/07/2020 at 13:03, CiderWire said:

Love that series and enjoyed your story very much -  wanted you to succeed from the moment I spotted the League shirts!

I tried to work out what your place was called, but couldn't find you.

Can you share on here??

9 hours ago, dboy said:

Love that series and enjoyed your story very much -  wanted you to succeed from the moment I spotted the League shirts!

I tried to work out what your place was called, but couldn't find you.

Can you share on here??

Thank you so very much for the kind words dboy. We live in the Aude department an hour inland from Perpignan and 45 mins South of Carcassonne, on the edge of a small town called Quillan, nestled in the foothills of the Pyrenees.

Our place is called Maison des Montagnes (on Airbnb and TripAdvisor)  and we would love to have guests stay who come over to watch their teams play the Dragons and would like to see a bit of France rather than Lloret.😁👍🏻

I wore my Souths shirt so our Ausdie guests who were part of the Mitchelton Scott TdF team would see us out on the course.....and they did😁 

When Dragons first came into SL, me and my wife stayed in a gites up at Couiza.

Enjoyed Carcassonne, but didn't see enough of the Pyrenees & foothills and only ever drove straight past Quillan!

We dropped down to Perpignan for the last couple of days.

Knowing what we know now, we'd definitely make the most of the Cathar region/Aude.

Archived