weloveyouwakefield2

Rugby league receives £16 million loan lifeline (Merged threads)

Bobbruce made a comment about players moving clubs, which you quoted and responded to, regarding players putting in 80% effort for 80% wage.

I responded to you in turn.

It's how conversations work.

Are you doing this on purpose, just to ###### people off?

8 minutes ago, dboy said:

Bobbruce made a comment about players moving clubs, which you quoted and responded to, regarding players putting in 80% effort for 80% wage.

I responded to you in turn.

It's how conversations work.

Are you doing this on purpose, just to ###### people off?

Of course he is.

2 minutes ago, scotchy1 said:

Owners shouldn't complain if players move or if they dont put in full effort. 

Q. Where will they move to?

A. Nowhere. Every club is affected.

Q. Do you think it's the owners who will be complaining, if they don't put the effort in?

A. It will be fans and team-mates. 

Q. What will that do to their career?

A. (you can answer that one)...

You are just trolling now.

No-one could be that stupid.

I don't like ignoring people, because that invalidates the basis of discussion and debate, but you are just taking the ###### now.

32 minutes ago, scotchy1 said:

Q. Where will they move to?

A. Nowhere. by definition this scenario only plays out if players dont move. Which is why i didnt suggest they do this and then move.

Q. Do you think it's the owners who will be complaining, if they don't put the effort in?

A. Yes

Q. What will that do to their career?

A. Nothing, Apparently every club is affected and they have nowhere to move to!

Q Could this whole issue be avoided?

A. Yes. Clubs could pay what they owe.

What issue are you refering to in your last Q?  

Is there one shred of evidence, one comment, or one soundbite from anybody in the game, that suggests any player wont be giving 100% when they start playing?

Come on gentlemen please, I am sure 99.9% of players will give 100% as always just like one of the London Broncos did last season against the team that he had already agreed to join the following season that could have gone down instead of us.

I WAS REALLY IMPRESSED TOTAL PROFESSIONALISM:)

Paul

Edited by ATLANTISMAN

9 minutes ago, ATLANTISMAN said:

Come on gentlemen please, I am sure 99.9% of players will give 100% as always just like one of the London Broncos did last season against the team that he had already agreed to join the following season that could have gone down instead of us.

I WAS REALLY IMPRESSED TOTAL PROFESSIONALISM:)

Paul

Exactly, for anyone to suggest the players wouldnt give 100%, is doing them a massive disservice.

• Like 1

16 minutes ago, scotchy1 said:

Yes, read Gary Carters piece if you can stomach The Sun. 

Owners are pretty clear where this is going to fall and it will be on the back of the players.

Link? Not sure iv read the right piece

Iv just read one with owners slamming Carvell and the union, not once does it mention players not giving 100% when they start playing.

6 minutes ago, scotchy1 said:

Hull KR owner Hudgell lashed out, claiming the union, which is part of the GMB, is giving false hope to players, many of whom have agreed pay cuts to help sides through the rest of the year.

The GMB, I imagine, took some stick for endorsing the first round of pay cuts but by responding in this way though they are making a rod for their own backs - giving the players unrealistic expectations.

“The game is going to have huge cuts of make going forward for next two to three years, whether we are back playing or not. When we back playing we may even be in a worse position playing behind closed doors.

Also the entire article is a response to the union statement which was.

“The powers that be will be hoping they can plan and decide how the sport moves forward without your voice at the table.

“If they want real rugby back, we will be demanding real pay back.

“We need to stand up and be counted and you behind that. Give us your demands and have your say.

“If they don't listen and yes, that includes these pathetic threats to blacklist players who don't toe the line, we will be providing that say in a ballot of all members come game time.”

Yeah thats the one. No mention of players not giving 100% when they get back to playing.

6 minutes ago, scotchy1 said:

I mean, taking industrial action is pretty clearly giving less than 100%

Behave, thats a weak argument even for you.

Two totally different things, fighting off the field, for what they think theyr owed or should recieve, is not even remotely close to only giving 80% on the field as you suggested was an 'issue' . Iv asked you to point me to any comments etc that point to the players not giving 100% when they start playing...As yet, you havnt been able to show me any, so for now, there is no issue on that front. 

You saying its an issue dosnt make it an issue, neither does an article that dosnt once mention any players potential lack of application or effort when they get back on the field.

• Like 2