What would you choose?

• Replies 56
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Number 1. every day of the week. Over 10 titles and WCC wins.

"The history of the world is the history of the triumph of the heartless over the mindless." — Sir Humphrey Appleby.

"If someone doesn't value evidence, what evidence are you going to provide to prove that they should value it? If someone doesn't value logic, what logical argument could you provide to show the importance of logic?" — Sam Harris

England win World Cup. Though if I supported a team what didnt win much instead of Saints I might think differently (in football I’d take a Norwich premier league win over an England World Cup win any day). 

37 minutes ago, Dunbar said:

Number 1. every day of the week. Over 10 titles and WCC wins.

10? Really? 

I want England to do well but I'd be bought out if I could be guaranteed 3 SL titles for Broncos.... 

In fact I'd argue it might do more for the growth of the game overall if London had a period of dominance and success rather than England

13 minutes ago, Eddie said:

England win World Cup. Though if I supported a team what didnt win much instead of Saints I might think differently (in football I’d take a Norwich premier league win over an England World Cup win any day). 

I think that is part of it for me

If I were Leeds or something I guess the shine wouldn't be as shiny 

5 minutes ago, Bedfordshire Bronco said:

10? Really? 

I want England to do well but I'd be bought out if I could be guaranteed 3 SL titles for Broncos.... 

In fact I'd argue it might do more for the growth of the game overall if London had a period of dominance and success rather than England

To be fair, I am not really the right target audience for this question as I have little affiliation/support with a club side these days and so my answer was a little hyperbolic trying to emphasize how important I think international success would be for the sport in this country. 

And I agree, a few Super League titles for London would also be a real boost (but I would probably still take the World Cup win on balance).

"The history of the world is the history of the triumph of the heartless over the mindless." — Sir Humphrey Appleby.

"If someone doesn't value evidence, what evidence are you going to provide to prove that they should value it? If someone doesn't value logic, what logical argument could you provide to show the importance of logic?" — Sam Harris

9 minutes ago, Harry Stottle said:

You are Eamon McManus and I claim my £5

Nope, I’m selfish and want to see Saints win as much as possible, as often as possible. 

While a World Cup won would do more for the game, I’m not really bothered by England/GB and just see it as a nice distraction rather than anything else. 

Choice #1, every time. It benefits everyone in the game, especially if the RWC final opponents are Australia. And yes, it'd probably benefit Australia too.

Let me never fall into the vulgar mistake of dreaming that I am persecuted whenever I am contradicted.
Ralph Waldo Emerson

38 minutes ago, Mr Plow said:

England winning the World Cup. Never won it before (unless you count GB titles as English titles)

To be honest, if things changed, and GB entered the RWC instead of England and won it, that would still be my choice ahead of individual club glory. No matter that it wouldn't be the first time for GB.

Let me never fall into the vulgar mistake of dreaming that I am persecuted whenever I am contradicted.
Ralph Waldo Emerson

3 minutes ago, Futtocks said:

To be honest, if things changed, and GB entered the RWC instead of England and won it, that would still be my choice ahead of individual club glory. No matter that it wouldn't be the first time for GB.

The icing on the cake would be if Gus Gould, Bobby Fulton, Ken Arthurson and Bill Harrigan were all sitting together and the camera zoomed in on them at the final hooter. :kolobok_cool:

Ralph Waldo Emerson

50 minutes ago, Mr Plow said:

England winning the World Cup. Never won it before (unless you count GB titles as English titles)

GB ones should be separate, especially as the 2 blokes who've captained 2 British World cup winning sides have been Scottish and Welsh!

Not as bad as Russia claiming the USSRs medals from the Olympics when teams, such as football, were 80%+Ukrainian 

I've seen my team win grand finals, lose grand finals, win challenge cups, lose challenge cups, win world club challenges, lose world club challenges and win League leaders shields at the death.

Yet my biggest 2 heartbreaks are Watkins being ankle tapped in 2017 and Johnson scoring at the death in 2013 at Wembley. I'd take an England world cup win every time

Archived