Jump to content
Sign in to follow this  
Lowdesert

Tony Gigot - free agent.

Recommended Posts

1 minute ago, Lowdesert said:

Where will he go?  Toulouse? Back to Catalans?

Certainly got a lot to offer the right club.

Well he has left Toronto so Leigh will certainly be looking to pick him up...table scraps and all of that.

  • Confused 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
6 minutes ago, Kayakman said:

Well he has left Toronto so Leigh will certainly be looking to pick him up...table scraps and all of that.

And another leaving the 'Promised Land' even before he got there! Actually he was seen at the Leigh ground prior to - err, never going to Toronto - playing for Toronto a couple of times, he probably tossed a coin and it came down on the wrong side, but seemingly he has learned by his mistake.

Quote "We are building for the future - Run with the Pack"?

  • Haha 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, Kayakman said:

Well he has left Toronto so Leigh will certainly be looking to pick him up...table scraps and all of that.

Another discarded. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I’d be surprised to see many clubs making any signings to commence immediately, even once the season re-starts. It would be a shame to lose Gigot, he’s a talent. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Not sure he's got the right attitude, or would make it into their first grade side, but NZ Warriors seem to be crying out for players. Though they seem to need more forwards than backs.


Newham Dockers - Champions 2013. Rugby League For East London. 100% Cockney Rugby League!

Twitter: @NewhamDockersRL - Get following!

www.newhamdockers.co.uk

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 hours ago, Harry Stottle said:

And another leaving the 'Promised Land' even before he got there! Actually he was seen at the Leigh ground prior to - err, never going to Toronto - playing for Toronto a couple of times, he probably tossed a coin and it came down on the wrong side, but seemingly he has learned by his mistake.

Quote "We are building for the future - Run with the Pack"?

I note a tinge of jealousy in your answer?

  • Haha 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, TheDuke said:

Wasn’t Toronto’s cap full so they couldn’t pay him?

Then Watkins rocks up????

Yes he was a trialist.. Obviously didn’t make the grade.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I have always thought that Gigot needs a strong man manager in charge of him, as well as somebody who will give him licence to use the best of his spontaneous flair.  An obvious person to fit that bill would be Daryl Powell at Castleford.  Haven't the Tigers just parted company with Jordan Rankin, their fullback, with immediate effect?

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
4 minutes ago, Wiltshire Warrior Dragon said:

I have always thought that Gigot needs a strong man manager in charge of him, as well as somebody who will give him licence to use the best of his spontaneous flair.  An obvious person to fit that bill would be Daryl Powell at Castleford.  Haven't the Tigers just parted company with Jordan Rankin, their fullback, with immediate effect?

Good points and he'd be a good fit for them in my view

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

From another perspective, France need as many pros as possible playing ahead of the 2021 World Cup.

An undoubted talent, as many have said prior - just needs to focus

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Hope he'll be at SRD then.


RL1.JPG.6a10be03c5528650e188f078de012540.JPG

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
8 minutes ago, Oxford said:

Hope he'll be at SRD then.

Can't afford him Oxy, unless the rumours of the Good Doc returning have an element of truth? What do you know.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
11 minutes ago, Harry Stottle said:

Can't afford him Oxy, unless the rumours of the Good Doc returning have an element of truth? What do you know.

He's cheaper than he merits at the moment!

I had not heard that about Marwan!

"The Doc's coming back and there's gonna be trouble ...

Oooh la the Doc is back"

Edited by Oxford

RL1.JPG.6a10be03c5528650e188f078de012540.JPG

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
57 minutes ago, Harry Stottle said:

Is that all you've got, you dissapoint me old friend.

Well I'm currently cutting down trees, ripping out shrubs, hand digging 1 by 3 feet deep foot fence post holes through roots and rocks and generally wilting in the sun....so thats all I got...I'm pooped!

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
14 minutes ago, Kayakman said:

Well I'm currently cutting down trees, ripping out shrubs, hand digging 1 by 3 feet deep foot fence post holes through roots and rocks and generally wilting in the sun....so thats all I got...I'm pooped!

Offer Gigot 80 quid a day to come and help you

  • Haha 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, Oxford said:

Hope he'll be at SRD then.

He would be a good replacement for Evalds at FB next year and would be likely to fit in as SRD seem to be good with talented players who need a understanding coach who can get the best out of them. 

  • Like 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
25 minutes ago, Southerner80 said:

He would be a good replacement for Evalds at FB next year and would be likely to fit in as SRD seem to be good with talented players who need a understanding coach who can get the best out of them. 

Yeah that'd be about right.

 

17 minutes ago, paulwalker71 said:

Isn't Toulouse the obvious 'best fit'?

Naahh! SRD SRD SRD!

  • Like 1

RL1.JPG.6a10be03c5528650e188f078de012540.JPG

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, paulwalker71 said:

Isn't Toulouse the obvious 'best fit'?

Yes, like Salford, could be a good option.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 hours ago, Bedfordshire Bronco said:

Offer Gigot 80 quid a day to come and help you

He would not last an hour.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

Sign in to follow this  

  • Recently Browsing   0 members

    No registered users viewing this page.



×
×
  • Create New...