Sign in to follow this  
John Drake

Sat 6 Jun: NRL: Parramatta Eels v Manly Sea Eagles KO 8.30am BST (Sky Sports)

Who will win?  

6 members have voted

This poll is closed to new votes
  1. 1. Who will win?

• Parramatta Eels
    • Manly Sea Eagles

• Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.
  • Poll closed on 06/06/20 at 07:55

Parra narrowly in a cracker . One of these will definitely be in the grand final 

Every year here a story at the start of the season of a new Parra-attitude that will sweep the Eels to the Premiership but I am not convinced - Look at who they have played - The struggled to break down the Bulldogs in a game I was at. beat Gold Coast which is nothing to write home about ,and if an ordinary Brisbane side had not bombed two clear ties could have gone in behind in their last game at the half.

This is their first acid test and much as I admire the Manly Seabirds, I am not in favour of Silvertails in sport or in life

Parra by 6

?

The dominant ideas in society are always and everywhere the ideas of the ruling class. And always and everywhere they portray us as stupid, untrustworthy with bad motives. Show us respect sir. We gave you everything progressive there is. We gave you democracy. We demand some too.

Eddie Demsey RMT

There were 17.4m people who voted to leave the European Union.

"Any attempt to try to cast their vote aside, as if they didn’t mean it or didn’t understand the consequences, whereas everybody else did, is a bit of a slur on the individuals who took the time to vote, many of them for the first time

Ian Lavery - Labour party chair  - 29th March 2019

Parramatta

Talent is secondary to whether players are confident.

I thought Parra would win by 12+ but early signs it’s going to be closer. Sea Eagles are usually a very tough defensive outfit. Tight start. 

12-2 half time to Parra

Moses having a cracker, is there a better 7 in the NRL at the moment?

But having represented the Cedars in the last WC,  shoukd he come into contention for Aus next year? 

yep, crazy to call that forward, excellent physical mash up tho. didnt look to me that manlys 2nd last try was grounded tho with the vid ref only looking at one replay angle b4 making a call, so swings n roundabouts. too excellent sides who look set for a good year

Edited by Nearenough

Great game.

I thought the Eels were probably the best overall and deserved the win but having gone with Manly for our tipping comp, I am gutted with that call at the end.

The pass came out the hands backwards and is a perfect example of a pass looking forward even though it was thrown backwards.

Where is Stevo when you need something explained badly.

• Haha 1

7 minutes ago, Treizistance said:

Don't understand why the lino didn't just let play until it's natural conclusion. Manly robbed.

Can't go back for a forward, it's either call it or let it go, but what a game and as I said earlier is there a better 7 than Moses about at the moment?

I'm no fan of Manly, but they should have won that. 

"Men will be proud to say 'I am a European'. We hope to see a day when men of every country will think as much of being a European as of being from their native land." (Winston Churchill)

I don't understand how the NRL (Graham Annesley) can come out and say the forward pass call was wrong.

If the video ref can't be used for a forward pass call because the TV angles are deceiving and we need to trust the on field call then how can the decision be called incorrect after the match with tv evidence?

• Like 2

It looks like they’ve been able to introduce some new camera gear that would otherwise get in the viewing lines of a crowd if they were there..

...yet they can use video ref to judge if a kick chaser is onside. where surely camera angle is also an issue

Whikle Manly were dudded, It's also a case of Graham Annersley rapidly not so much as just throwing his officiating crew under the bus but then reversing over them - Not a good look - Especially when you recall the Bunker decision last night.

They may be 4-0 but I am still to be convinced by the Eels.

• Haha 1

?

The dominant ideas in society are always and everywhere the ideas of the ruling class. And always and everywhere they portray us as stupid, untrustworthy with bad motives. Show us respect sir. We gave you everything progressive there is. We gave you democracy. We demand some too.

Eddie Demsey RMT

There were 17.4m people who voted to leave the European Union.

"Any attempt to try to cast their vote aside, as if they didn’t mean it or didn’t understand the consequences, whereas everybody else did, is a bit of a slur on the individuals who took the time to vote, many of them for the first time

Ian Lavery - Labour party chair  - 29th March 2019

I have seen the Rugby Union momentum video.

I understand the hands are throwing the ball backwards

I see this ball get passed outside the 25 metre line and be caught on the other side of the 25 metre line by over  a metre.

The ball May not have been passed forward but it has travelled forward.

8 minutes ago, Allora said:

I have seen the Rugby Union momentum video.

I understand the hands are throwing the ball backwards

I see this ball get passed outside the 25 metre line and be caught on the other side of the 25 metre line by over  a metre.

The ball May not have been passed forward but it has travelled forward.

That's the whole point though. It will travel forward relative to  fixed point on the floor because the passer and receiver were travelling forward. If the passer had carried on and his movement had not been stopped then he recieved would have caught the ball behind the passer.

If the pass is thrown backwards it is not a forward pass. Otherwise we would have to call loads of passes back in running moves and breaks.