Sign in to follow this  
John Drake

Fri 10 Jul: NRL: Gold Coast Titans v New Zealand Warriors KO 9am BST (Sky Sports)

Discuss Gold Coast Titans v New Zealand Warriors here.

32 minutes ago, DavidM said:

Pass

Followed by knock-on.

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

"Men will be proud to say 'I am a European'. We hope to see a day when men of every country will think as much of being a European as of being from their native land." (Winston Churchill)

Titans

Talent is secondary to whether players are confident.

I  really want the Warriors to win because

(1) I like the Warriors,

(2) I like Roger Tuivasa-Sheck a lot, 

(3)  all the Warriors players have endured great personal hardship to keep playing far away from family and home, and thereby keep the NRL competition afloat.

• Like 1

The Warriors jersey looks great.

I’ve never seen a jersey like it before.

Edited by Copa

4 minutes ago, Copa said:

The Warriors jersey looks great.

I’ve never seen a jersey like it before.

It's certainly funky. I like how they mix things up with their jerseys.

RTS is just class. I wish Watkins was still there this season, as he was looking good and certainly better than some of the dross the Titans have.

6-0 to the Warriors after 5. I do worry about Gold Coast edges

Could be a long night for the Titans. 12-0 after 8.

Harris-Tavita is some goalkicker. Nailed another from the touchline.

Cleary, Flanagan and Harris-Tavita are outstanding goal kickers

When I first saw this jersey (about 30 minutes ago) I hated it and now I really like it.

• Like 1

Titans have stopped the momentum of the Warriors and got it back to 12-6 but I thought the Warriors effort should stood.

Deary me what a terrible VR call in that first half . Where is common sense ? Wasn’t it Maxwell at Manly last week . The Titan takes possession so can be tackled . Hetherington is behind him , how does he know he’s gonna drop it ? Then momentum takes him on as the Titan is just stumbling all over the place . Honestly some of these decisions to disallow tries have no empathy for the game at all 

• Like 3

Absolutely 100% correct . Outstanding refereeing there . Unfortunately other refs have rewarded that , but hopefully that is what we see going forward 

• Like 1

Good on the Titans. Looked like it might be a cricket score but they stopped the rot, clawed it back and ground it out. Holbrook continues to impress. 

• Like 1

Can't believe NZ Warriors lost that, they should have been out of sight. They lacked control from the halves/hooker. Green had an unusually below par game

Don't really rate Egan much, I'm surprised they went for him. You can see how much better Penrith are with Korosaiu instead of Egan

Edited by DoubleD

Strange game , Warriors should have controlled that from infront against a badly struggling side . Still , we saw how stuttering Warriors are  as well . Pleased for Holbrook , I am a fan of his 

Edited by DavidM

2 hours ago, Dunbar said:

When I first saw this jersey (about 30 minutes ago) I hated it and now I really like it.

When I first saw it months ago I hated it and still do. It was intended for the game they were to play in Wellington so I had been hoping it had been discreetly withdrawn. Knew they`d lose when I saw them in it.

Who would coach the warriors ...they are a rabble, one drop ball   maybe two   but honestly they are a disgrace.

Did I hear the commentators correctly? Did the Titans really not concede any penalties? 

Four legs good - two legs bad

1 hour ago, JohnM said:

Did I hear the commentators correctly? Did the Titans really not concede any penalties? 

Yes, correct.

They did concede 6 set restarts, some of which would have been a penalty in the olden days. 

Queensland's most successful team, the Titans, bet you could have got long odds on that one back in March. These two the Broncos, Cowboys, Bulldogs and Dragons are all poor sides compared with what's been around in the NRL previously, the present circumstances maybe contributes to that but it doesn't enhance the viewing.

Warriors always find a way to snatch defeat from the jaws of victory! Poor performance in 2nd half by Warriors but they can't get a ref call to go there way today...Oh well same old story for 25 years. Looks like I'll be watching Fox memorial on YouTube for my league fix for the rest of the year until super League kicks off

Edited by kiwis 13 6

5 hours ago, Dunbar said:

Yes, correct.

They did concede 6 set restarts, some of which would have been a penalty in the olden days. 

Surely the restart is a penalty!?