Jump to content
Sign in to follow this  
John Drake

Sat 11 Jul: NRL: Canberra Raiders v Melbourne Storm KO 10.35am BST (Sky Sports)

Recommended Posts

Storm by a few.


Talent is secondary to whether players are confident.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

The thought of a 61 year old man running around naked in public is truly frightening.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
7 hours ago, Manfred Mann said:

The thought of a 61 year old man running around naked in public is truly frightening.

As a plus 61 year old man the thought of running is frightening!

Raiders seem to have hit a wall, whether thats down to injuries I don't know but meeting the Storm just now doesn't bode well,  far better for the club's who will meet them a few weeks down the line of their forced relocation.

 

  • Haha 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Never ever ever criticise UK refs. They are miles ahead of the Australian officials.

  • Like 1

Four legs good - two legs bad

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
4 minutes ago, Hela Wigmen said:

A lot of unforced errors but the weather is awful. 

 

I live close to the stadium. The weather isn’t that bad. It’s not raining.

There was some soft rain earlier which has kept things damp.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Just now, Copa said:

I live close to the stadium. The weather isn’t that bad. It’s not raining.

There was some soft rain earlier which has kept things damp.

Looks like a lot of moisture in the air and on the ground, which is making the ball a bar of soap. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Melbourne have been milking a lot of penalties recently from colliding with (deliberately running into?) defenders without the ball, then throwing themselves down to the ground like a Premier League footballer. Usually Finucane but this time Welch...not small blokes! 

  • Like 3

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Better (just) team won.

If only...if only...Josh Hodgson bad injury,  terrible sin binning decision...Whitehead knock on...etc...Storm charmed life....😓

 


Four legs good - two legs bad

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

A very poor game defined by the 23 errors and 14 penalties on show.  

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

EcpYf0bXkAIvyit?format=png&name=medium


"Men will be proud to say 'I am a European'. We hope to see a day when men of every country will think as much of being a European as of being from their native land." (Winston Churchill)

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
8 hours ago, Curly perm said:

Melbourne have been milking a lot of penalties recently from colliding with (deliberately running into?) defenders without the ball, then throwing themselves down to the ground like a Premier League footballer. Usually Finucane but this time Welch...not small blokes! 

Storm certainly play over the edge of the rules much of the time, as you say for big guys they fall to the ground very easily when it suits them combine that with Smith's questioning of every decision and blatant time wasting, on top of their previous salary cap misdemeanours and it's very easy to dislike them intensely.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Bit of a scrappy game but they got stuck into each other. I thought Sutton was the best forward on the field, especially in defence

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
5 hours ago, JM2010 said:

Bit of a scrappy game but they got stuck into each other. I thought Sutton was the best forward on the field, especially in defence

I'd definitely say it was the best game I've seen Sutton play

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
16 hours ago, Curly perm said:

Melbourne have been milking a lot of penalties recently from colliding with (deliberately running into?) defenders without the ball, then throwing themselves down to the ground like a Premier League footballer. Usually Finucane but this time Welch...not small blokes! 

I think all clubs will milk penalties at some stage but Storm do seem pretty orchestrated with it at times.

Why is the game becoming about the Referees as much as the play.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Roosters vs Storm and Roosters vs Eels have been number 1 and 2 respectively best games of the year. Those three teams are really the only serious contenders for winning the silverware. I still think that the Roosters will win their third in a row. But that prediction is totally conditioned on no serious injuries to key players.

Edited by Manfred Mann

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
7 hours ago, Manfred Mann said:

Roosters vs Storm and Roosters vs Eels have been number 1 and 2 respectively best games of the year. Those three teams are really the only serious contenders for winning the silverware. I still think that the Roosters will win their third in a row. But that prediction is totally conditioned on no serious injuries to key players.

I would put the Panthers in the mix. A strong team and strength in depth and some game breakers in there as well.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Well , truly awful news  about Hodgson . Absolutely and totally gutted for the lad , crucial to The Raiders obviously . Couple of disgraceful calls in that game ... the sin bin , I mean really ? How many times is the VR gonna look at something and still get it wrong . We get told it’s to get it right . Half the time it ain’t , get shot of it . I’ll take refs and touchies getting it right or wrong . That was a disgusting call . And the penalty in front for literally a bloke getting run into . I praised Atkins last week but he lost it a bit there . And Melbourne are without doubt the biggest cheats , rule manipulators and worker of officials in the game 

Edited by DavidM
  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

Sign in to follow this  

  • Recently Browsing   0 members

    No registered users viewing this page.



×
×
  • Create New...