Jump to content

Recommended Posts

Hand on heart and as a Wigan fan, he is a decent player but I’d be amazed if he went on to cut out a career as a top level international player. He has enough about him to possibly make it as a Wigan regular but I’m far from convinced that he has enough to get to any sort of level that his father did. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

He is 18 years old, debuted with a bunch of other kids against a full strength St Helen's team that is easily the best in the league, held his own and got praise from some very good judges for his confidence and resilience.

Let's see how he goes when he plays with Wigan's full first team squad and not a side that spent the entire game on it's back foot before making comparisons with his father.

If it's true about RU, the kick and clappers wouldn't be sniffing around the kid if they didn't think he had serious potential. They may be generally evil, but they aren't stupid. I hope he sticks with SL as I think he will make it, if that happens and he needs a fresh challenge then the NRL is a far bigger one than any RU comp ever will be.

  • Like 7

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, Hela Wigmen said:

Couldn’t catch a cold against us the other week, he’d fit perfectly for a Rugby Union team then. 

He’s 18 ffs 

  • Like 8

"Freedom without socialism is privilege and injustice, socialism without freedom is slavery and brutality" - Mikhail Bakunin

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
11 hours ago, WN83 said:

Hand on heart and as a Wigan fan, he is a decent player but I’d be amazed if he went on to cut out a career as a top level international player. He has enough about him to possibly make it as a Wigan regular but I’m far from convinced that he has enough to get to any sort of level that his father did. 

He's only 18, give him a chance! 

  • Like 3

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, Hela Wigmen said:

And had a poor game under a high ball in his debut. It’s an observation from the game. 

You said “ he couldn’t catch a cold” hardly just an observation more like condemnation but hell yeah let’s shatter a young lads confidence 

  • Like 5

"Freedom without socialism is privilege and injustice, socialism without freedom is slavery and brutality" - Mikhail Bakunin

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Just now, Phil said:

You said “ he couldn’t catch a cold” hardly just an observation more like condemnation but hell yeah let’s shatter a young lads confidence 

Boring now, pal. He had a torrid time under a high ball and Saints peppered him with kicks, of which he dropped a fair few. But hey, you take the moral high ground. 

  • Haha 3

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

If he's even half as good as his dad, he'll be a good un. He's 18 for gods sake. Why can't people try and think a bit more positively. The world's too full of negativity at the moment as it is. I wish the lad well whatever he decides. 

  • Like 7

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
17 minutes ago, Hela Wigmen said:

But hey, you take the moral high ground. 

Well one of us has to 

  • Like 5
  • Haha 2

"Freedom without socialism is privilege and injustice, socialism without freedom is slavery and brutality" - Mikhail Bakunin

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
3 hours ago, Hela Wigmen said:

Couldn’t catch a cold against us the other week, he’d fit perfectly for a Rugby Union team then. 

Thick comment.  Indeed, a comment like that deserves to come back to bite you one day. 

As of now he should be compared with his fellows.  His future should judged when he plays as say a replacement in a SL game.

  • Like 1
  • Haha 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, moorside roughyed said:

If he's even half as good as his dad, he'll be a good un. He's 18 for gods sake. Why can't people try and think a bit more positively. The world's too full of negativity at the moment as it is. I wish the lad well whatever he decides. 

If all players were half as good as his dad then they would be bl**dy good players

  • Like 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I hope he stays in RL.

  • Like 1

Rugby Union the only game in the world were the spectators handle the ball more than the players.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
3 hours ago, Hela Wigmen said:

Boring now, pal. He had a torrid time under a high ball and Saints peppered him with kicks, of which he dropped a fair few. But hey, you take the moral high ground. 

I would walk away from this thread if I were you. 

Good luck to him. I think he has talent, and would love to see him develop in our game, but I could understand if he didn’t fancy being Ellery’s Son all his career in TGG.

  • Like 3

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
4 minutes ago, Exiled Wiganer said:

I would walk away from this thread if I were you. 

Good luck to him. I think he has talent, and would love to see him develop in our game, but I could understand if he didn’t fancy being Ellery’s Son all his career in TGG.

His debut was poor. One of the poorest of the crop who made debuts. 

But we’re not allowed to have an opinion anymore. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 minutes ago, Hela Wigmen said:

His debut was poor. One of the poorest of the crop who made debuts. 

But we’re not allowed to have an opinion anymore. 

Who’s stopping you having an opinion?

No one, it’s just that your opinion on this subject is cobblers 

  • Like 2

"Freedom without socialism is privilege and injustice, socialism without freedom is slavery and brutality" - Mikhail Bakunin

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Just now, Phil said:

Who’s stopping you having an opinion?

No one, it’s just that your opinion on this subject is cobblers 

You. Look at your last sentence. 

 

  • Haha 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I would love for him to become a great player for England/GB. Firstly for his sake, but also because I'd love the link to the past of having a Hanley in the ranks when battling the Aussies. I wish him well.

  • Like 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, 17 stone giant said:

I would love for him to become a great player for England/GB. Firstly for his sake, but also because I'd love the link to the past of having a Hanley in the ranks when battling the Aussies. I wish him well.

Agree, give the kid a chance. Hope he makes it.

  • Like 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.


  • Recently Browsing   0 members

    No registered users viewing this page.



×
×
  • Create New...