Thu 22 Oct: SL: Huddersfield Giants v Wakefield Trinity KO 7.45pm (TV)

Who will win?  

13 members have voted

1. 1. Who will win?

• Huddersfield Giants
    • Wakefield Trinity

This poll is closed to new votes

• Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.
  • Poll closed on 22/10/20 at 19:15

1 minute ago, Futtocks said:

A very firm hand-off from Sam Wood, there. Went right through Tom Johnstone without a run-up.

Johnstone makes amends with a try of his own.

Let me never fall into the vulgar mistake of dreaming that I am persecuted whenever I am contradicted.
Ralph Waldo Emerson

• Replies 66
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Ben Jones Bishop intercepts and does a remarkable impression of someone on a treadmill...

Hull FC....The Sons of God...
                                                                     (Well, we are about to be crucified on Good Friday)

3 minutes ago, corvusxiii said:

I find your point almost offensive. These are Pro RL players reduced to mindless casual labour by your reckoning.  I disagree. 

I’m not sure Eddie meant that. If there was relegation this season it wouldn’t need a newspaper article to galvanise Wakefield. 

6 minutes ago, Hughsehhh said:

Good entertainment though, better than a boring arm-wrestle where each team is more concerned about not losing rather than winning

True, it’s been an okay enough game but my point is it doesn’t really matter who wins, neither team can go down and (realistically) neither can make the top 4. 

5 minutes ago, Eddie said:

True, it’s been an okay enough game but my point is it doesn’t really matter who wins, neither team can go down and (realistically) neither can make the top 4. 

I'd say that it's making for a purposely more open game though, especially Wakey. With nothing to lose, both teams are throwing it around more than I can recall

BJB's effort sent up as a try... NO! Harsh.

Let me never fall into the vulgar mistake of dreaming that I am persecuted whenever I am contradicted.
Ralph Waldo Emerson

Now TJ's effort sent to the VR... TRY!

Wakefield lead with 5 minutes to play.

Ralph Waldo Emerson

Only remembered that this was on when my phone pinged wanting me to vote for MOM.  What time did it kick off for the game to still be being played at 10.30?

"I'm a traditionalist and I don"t think you'd ever see me coaching an Australian national side!"  Lee Radford, RLW March 2016

Proud to be a member of the TRL woke claque

2 minutes ago, latchford albion said:

Only remembered that this was on when my phone pinged wanting me to vote for MOM.  What time did it kick off for the game to still be being played at 10.30?

The first game of the evening was delayed by an hour, due to traffic problems.

Ralph Waldo Emerson

YES!!!!

This world was never meant for one as beautiful as me.

Wakefield Trinity RLFC
2012 - 2014 "The wasted years"

2013, 2014 & 2015 Official Magic Weekend "Whipping Boys"

2017 - The year the dream disappeared under Grix's left foot.

2018 - The FinniChezz Bromance 

2019 - The Return of the Prodigal Son

Turned out to be a good contest in the end. Did Sezer stay in the dressing room at half-time? Wakey need all their player's to be on the top of their game to be competitive and at times such as Fifita don't look to be there. Johnstone looks like a player who has suffered 3 major injuries, the spark that made him a standout doesn't look to be there anymore he isn't the first to suffer that, it's the nature of a  physical contact sport. Huddersfield appear to have been a flash in the pan, too reliant on Sezer to provide the spark.

30 minutes ago, Man of Kent said:

Shows that Wakefield are a perfectly competitive side when they can be truly arsed. As Eddie suggests, they’ve been a good advert for P&R.  

How do you work that out, they wouldn't have bothered tonight since there is no P&R, they bothered because it meant something WITHOUT P&R.

Visit my photography site www.padge.smugmug.com

Radio 5 Live: Saturday 14 April 2007

Dave Whelan "In Wigan rugby will always be king"

This country's wealth was created by men in overalls, it was destroyed by men in suits.

Archived