Match cancellations

1 hour ago, GUBRATS said:

Given the current reduced levels of Hotel occupation the Cats could ' bubble ' at the LSV quite easily and I'd suggest quite cheaply as well 

How many games do they need to play ?

Haven’t they suffered enough misfortune !!

• Replies 347
  • Created
  • Last Reply
1 hour ago, GUBRATS said:

Given the current reduced levels of Hotel occupation the Cats could ' bubble ' at the LSV quite easily and I'd suggest quite cheaply as well 

How many games do they need to play ?

I believe it was the Cats that the Baa Baas were drinking with.  I didnt think it was at LSV though.

I think the whole sport has done really well to get this far into the season, for a sport that hasn't got loads of cash to throw at testing and bubbles

We've had Catalans doing loads of travelling with the issues around that

Clubs have jumped into re-arranged fixtures at very short notice

The players have been turning up with short turnarounds on top of all the protocols and worry they must have about their families and friends in areas that are some of the most infectious in the country

1 hour ago, Red Willow said:

Not a fan of this type of trolling, it will come back to bite us.

19 minutes ago, bobbruce said:

Not sure Warrington can complain as their media team is happy to do this sort of thing. 

I'm not sure we'd have gone for this one tbh, but I'm OK with anything that is trying to put a smile on people's faces at the moment! 

23 minutes ago, shaun mc said:

I think the whole sport has done really well to get this far into the season, for a sport that hasn't got loads of cash to throw at testing and bubbles

We've had Catalans doing loads of travelling with the issues around that

Clubs have jumped into re-arranged fixtures at very short notice

The players have been turning up with short turnarounds on top of all the protocols and worry they must have about their families and friends in areas that are some of the most infectious in the country

I agree. Sure we have had disruption, but each week we are able to watch multiple games of this great sport live on TV. 

I am very appreciative of the efforts of all involved.

Just now, Dave T said:

I'm not sure we'd have gone for this one tbh, but I'm OK with anything that is trying to put a smile on people's faces at the moment! 

Absolutely no issue with what either team is doing just a bit of cheeky fun for their fans. 

12 hours ago, Red Willow said:

Not a fan of this type of trolling, it will come back to bite us.

Disagree - it is entirely harmless. If the club actually meant it they wouldn't have put it out in that way.

Build a man a fire, and he'll be warm for a day. Set a man on fire, and he'll be warm for the rest of his life. (Terry Pratchett)

On 29/10/2020 at 17:23, JohnM said:

No. But they could ban players from go into pubs, mates houses etc. Only they know. No time for weakness,  feebleness, excuses. 

Have you seen the action the RFL are taking over the barbarians incident. 

Are they going into pubs, mates houses (that arent in the same team) etc? 

Youre just speculating on what you think is happening and that the clubs havent got rules around this sort of thing. As I say, we have been told by HSE that its all about risk and lowering the risk but you cannot eliminate it and these things will happen when family members have to go out to work or to school. 

yes I've seen what the RFU are doing, they are charging players because they flagrantly broke the rules.. have any of our players done that? if yes then charge them.. but do you know they have?

No, I don't know they have flagrantly broken the rules. Maybe its player omerta. Maybe they caught it from an act of god or not putting the toilet seat down. Maybe the protocols are not strong enough. Maybe some players are stupid enough to think it's a fuss over nothing. Just because you can do something does not mean you should. Etc etc. 

11 minutes ago, JohnM said:

No, I don't know they have flagrantly broken the rules. Maybe its player omerta. Maybe they caught it from an act of god or not putting the toilet seat down. Maybe the protocols are not strong enough. Maybe some players are stupid enough to think it's a fuss over nothing. Just because you can do something does not mean you should. Etc etc. 

yes and the whole point of what i am saying is perhaps lets not berate the players or the staff that are working ruddy hard to make sure as many games go on as possible until we know that it is actually their fault FFS.. 

20 minutes ago, JohnM said:

Maybe they caught it from an act of god or not putting the toilet seat down. 

You're more likely to pick it up from putting the toilet seat down than not doing it, aren't you ?

I don't know any more.   There have been too many mind changes.   Don't wear a mask, wear a mask.   Eat out to help out, total lockdown. Furlough's ending definitely, furlough's continuing.

"We'll sell you a seat .... but you'll only need the edge of it!"

20 minutes ago, RP London said:

yes and the whole point of what i am saying is perhaps lets not berate the players or the staff that are working ruddy hard to make sure as many games go on as possible until we know that it is actually their fault FFS.. 

I think we'll never know.hence the reference to omerta. 

With the two Castleford cancellations, the only thing that matters now is how to complete the season while still giving Sky what they want. 

If they want the regular season to run its course, then we'll have to keep going, but cancel all games that they don't want to televise. 

But it strikes me it's better for them to get into the playoffs as soon as possible too, so we must be able to agree a rejig that they're happy with. 

The only risk I can see is that by expanding the playoffs there's more chance of a team getting infected, and messing up the climax to the season, which would be a disaster. 

Hopefully this all gets sorted out today. 

57 minutes ago, JohnM said:

Just because you can do something does not mean you should. Etc etc. 

True. But that argument can be used from many angles.

We could have limited the impact of the virus on the non-elderly by having a healthy population instead of choosing obesity, cigarettes and alcohol. It’s all very well suspecting one segment of society to be the bad guys, but how about we all take ownership of how we are worsening this crisis? Maybe it’s time to lockdown people’s choices too, for their own benefit and our children’s.

Anyway this is drifting and there’s a different thread for politics.

14 minutes ago, Toby Chopra said:

The only risk I can see is that by expanding the playoffs there's more chance of a team getting infected, and messing up the climax to the season, which would be a disaster. 

Yes, we don’t want to get to the last hurdle and fall there.

Archived