Jump to content

Recommended Posts

So I'm back in school and I'm with a friend coming up with excuses to get out of school. Next I'm walking past a local care home and my ex girlfriend from when I was 17 is working there. She sees me and completely ignores me so I shout, "ignorant #####!" at the top of my voice. She storms over the street and tells me she ignored me because I used breaking up with her as an excuse to get out of school.

Suddenly we've made up and are getting close in the care home (not that close) but I need to go home so my grandfather (who doesn't drive) offers to give me and my brother a lift home (when did my brother show up and why was he watching?!) As my grandfather illegally drives us home we decide to stop at the Prospect shopping centre in Hull city centre but then decide we shouldn't stay there due to the lockdown and it not being essential shopping. We run when we see a copper. 

We are back at our childhood home with our mother and all these police vehicles show up outside. Loads of coppers jump out but the thing is they all look identical and all look like Bobby Ball. I run outside and vault over the next door neighbours fence (a right weirdo, never liked him) because his garden was always like a sodding jungle and its easy to hide in there. While hiding, an old school teacher of mine shows up and offers to get me out of there and to safety so I go with her and we get in a right posh SUV but upon entering the car I realise the woman isn't an old teacher but rather Helena Bonham Carter. We drive off and find ourselves on a runway and are about to take off when a much larger plane slams to the deck right in front of us and Helena says, "It's not who you know but what you know". 

And I wake up. 😳

So what fascinating tales have other dreamt of? 😊

Edited by The Hallucinating Goose
Link to post
Share on other sites

Last week I had a dream that our two main vaccinating sites were under attack from zombie anti-vaxxers. In the dream, I sacrificed the smaller and least defensible one to concentrate on the other that has large grassy areas around it that allowed clear lines of fire.

I had been listening to World War Z on audiobook on the way home and that tied in with relentless long days on the vacc campaign seems to have created a dream narrative for me.

  • Haha 1

"When in deadly danger, when beset by doubt; run in little circles, wave your arms and shout"

Link to post
Share on other sites
5 hours ago, The Hallucinating Goose said:

So I'm back in school and I'm with a friend coming up with excuses to get out of school. Next I'm walking past a local care home and my ex girlfriend from when I was 17 is working there. She sees me and completely ignores me so I shout, "ignorant #####!" at the top of my voice. She storms over the street and tells me she ignored me because I used breaking up with her as an excuse to get out of school.

Suddenly we've made up and are getting close in the care home (not that close) but I need to go home so my grandfather (who doesn't drive) offers to give me and my brother a lift home (when did my brother show up and why was he watching?!) As my grandfather illegally drives us home we decide to stop at the Prospect shopping centre in Hull city centre but then decide we shouldn't stay there due to the lockdown and it not being essential shopping. We run when we see a copper. 

We are back at our childhood home with our mother and all these police vehicles show up outside. Loads of coppers jump out but the thing is they all look identical and all look like Bobby Ball. I run outside and vault over the next door neighbours fence (a right weirdo, never liked him) because his garden was always like a sodding jungle and its easy to hide in there. While hiding, an old school teacher of mine shows up and offers to get me out of there and to safety so I go with her and we get in a right posh SUV but upon entering the car I realise the woman isn't an old teacher but rather Helena Bonham Carter. We drive off and find ourselves on a runway and are about to take off when a much larger plane slams to the deck right in front of us and Helena says, "It's not who you know but what you know". 

And I wake up. 😳

So what fascinating tales have other dreamt of? 😊

I think when you examine that dream basically you have the hots for Johnny Depp. Just be careful as I believe he can be a bit rough. 

  • Like 1
  • Haha 2
Link to post
Share on other sites

I went to sleep last night with CNN on and woke up this morning with a dream that I was having to talk my mum down from her unexpected new position as a devout follower of Q-Anon.

  • Haha 1
Link to post
Share on other sites
6 hours ago, ckn said:

Last week I had a dream that our two main vaccinating sites were under attack from zombie anti-vaxxers. In the dream, I sacrificed the smaller and least defensible one to concentrate on the other that has large grassy areas around it that allowed clear lines of fire.

I had been listening to World War Z on audiobook on the way home and that tied in with relentless long days on the vacc campaign seems to have created a dream narrative for me.

Bloody anti-vaxers!  I've had enough of them. Why did you have to bring that up?😡

.

.

.

.

.

.

.I've had one for years and its far better than a Henry.

 

Most definitely not posting details of any of my dreams on here, not least to spare the blushes of Hannah Peel. Louise Minchin and Tamsin Greig. 😳

  • Haha 1

Four legs good - two legs bad

Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, M j M said:

I went to sleep last night with CNN on and woke up this morning with a dream that I was having to talk my mum down from her unexpected new position as a devout follower of Q-Anon.

I read that first as I went to sleep with CKN...that would be quite a different sort of dream

  • Haha 2
Link to post
Share on other sites

I'd like to share a dream i had as a teenager,  it was horrific and I still remember every detail. I was living at the parental home, my father downstairs and I was in my room at about 7pm. I had a headache and had a lie down in the dark of my room,  I was on top of the bed with my head resting on a wooden chair next to the bed. Then suddenly all my teeth fell out,  the whole lot of them, and blood poured out of my mouth covering the chair. I woke up! And found myself lying on my bed with my head on the chair,my mouth ached,  I screamed,  my dad ran upstairs. What happened was that I fell asleep resting my head on the chair, and dreamt that I was on my bed resting my head on the chair. Dreaming exactly the same situation I was really in, except for the teeth falling out. The horror was not immediately realising that I was now awake and the teeth falling out with my head on the chair was a dream. I am now 60 and over the years have had a similar dream on many occasions,  my teeth falling out, though not ever again in quite the weird circumstances of the teenage dream. And guess what, I have only about half my teeth left in my head, a premonition of the future perhaps. 

Edited by HawkMan
  • Like 2
Link to post
Share on other sites

Not quite on topic, but I used to do some major sleep walking in my youth, mostly whilst playing out elements of my ‘live’ dreams. 
 

My parents found it particularly worrying as my bedroom window was directly above a flat roof, which on occasion I climbed onto (and on one occasion, walked blindly around the perimeter). They only knew what was going on as their own bedroom was beneath the flat roof and they would hear me plodding about! 

Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, HawkMan said:

I'd like to share a dream i had as a teenager,  it was horrific and I still remember every detail. I was living at the parental home, my father downstairs and I was in my room at about 7pm. I had a headache and had a lie down in the dark of my room,  I was on top of the bed with my head resting on a wooden chair next to the bed. Then suddenly all my teeth fell out,  the whole lot of them, and blood poured out of my mouth covering the chair. I woke up! And found myself lying on my bed with my head on the chair,my mouthed ached,  I screamed,  my dad ran upstairs. What happened was that I fell asleep resting my head on the chair, and dreamt that I was on my bed resting my head on the chair. Dreaming exactly the same situation I was really in, except for the teeth falling out. The horror was not immediately realising that I was now awake and the teeth falling out with my head on the chair was a dream. I am now 60 and over the years have had a similar dream on many occasions,  my teeth falling out, though not ever again in quite the weird circumstances of the teenage dream. And guess what, I have only about half my teeth left in my head, a premonition of the future perhaps. 

Hard to know if any of this stuff makes sense or  not but here's an "expert" view -

A Dream Expert Explores Why You’re Dreaming About Your Teeth Falling Out

 

Link to post
Share on other sites

Can't remember as much from last night. 

I was on a boat travelling along a Siberian river and I get off the boat at a mine which I seem to own. 

Then I'm travelling on trains around Europe and I stop at a right seedy club where I and a friend chat up some girls who turn out to be some girls we already know and so we tell them we were trying to chat up the girls behind them. 

Then the train is somehow travelling across the English channel and stops somewhere on the south coast, don't know where it was. 

There was also something about looking at loads of old maps which had the places I visited marked on it and if I remember rightly, the sites of some old battles. 

Finally I remember being in a shop and buying a big box of chocolates and just eating them all. I cut out as many refined sugars as I can so that really was just a bloody dream! 😉

Link to post
Share on other sites

Owen Jones (far too Guardian for mine TBF) had a thing on Youtube entitled "Why Don't We Dream About Covid?" at least I think it was, I didn't watch it but after reading this thread I think he may have had a point.

I'm glad to say that the dreams I want to remember all have the warmth of the Sun on my shoulders.

"I'll see you in my dreams
When all our summers have come to an end
I'll see you in my dreams
We'll meet and live and laugh again
I'll see you in my dreams" 
Bruce Boss

 

 

 

 

Link to post
Share on other sites

My 2 main recurring dreams are that I am lost in a hospital I have worked in, I know the name of the hospital, but can't find my way to the Theatre I am supposed to be working in, the problem is, I have worked in so many hospitals (118), they merge in my dreams.

Also, I dream I am losing my teeth, I now know when I am dreaming because if I spit a tooth/teeth out, I know I am dreaming, and can wake myself up by this.

Where were you last Thursday?

Link to post
Share on other sites

I dreamed I was living somewhere stable without the threat of a Section 21 eviction notice over me, and letting agents were answering their F***ing phones once in a while, then I woke up.

Where were you last Thursday?

Link to post
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
  • Recently Browsing   0 members

    No registered users viewing this page.



×
×
  • Create New...