Morgan Escare

16 minutes ago, Eddie said:

Good, France need players like him if they’re going to have a respectable WC. Shame they’re in with England and Samoa. 

Yes France have no hope of reaching the Quarter Final, the only question is who will. finish 1st and 2nd out of England and Samoa. It will be still good to see how France go against those countries and if they can get a win against Greece, but it’s a shame France aren’t in group C or D where they’d have a realistic chance of progressing.

7 minutes ago, welshmagpie said:

If Matt Parrish is still coach of Samoa don’t assume they won’t be beaten. They’re fat, lazy and unfit under him. 

I believe the 2019 Oceania Cup was the last games they played. Which players are you referring to?

https://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/2019_Oceania_Cup_(rugby_league) 

The 2018 test against Tonga was a respectable defeat

https://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/2018_Pacific_Rugby_League_Tests

1 hour ago, Sir Kevin Sinfield said:

Yes France have no hope of reaching the Quarter Final, the only question is who will. finish 1st and 2nd out of England and Samoa. It will be still good to see how France go against those countries and if they can get a win against Greece, but it’s a shame France aren’t in group C or D where they’d have a realistic chance of progressing.

If they can't beat Greece they might as well pack up.

7 hours ago, Sir Kevin Sinfield said:

I believe the 2019 Oceania Cup was the last games they played. Which players are you referring to?

https://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/2019_Oceania_Cup_(rugby_league) 

The 2018 test against Tonga was a respectable defeat

https://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/2018_Pacific_Rugby_League_Tests

It’s more nodded in the direction that a group of senior players have written to the Samoan government asking for Parish‘ head - based on the fact they’ve felt underprepared in previous camps.

42 minutes ago, barnyia said:

Greece will be Australia 3 after Lebanon as Australia 2 

England have to beat Samoa who will be right up for it, France will be lucky to get 1 win in the group.

Anyway all premature for now I really cannot see the WC happening this year especially as the success totally depends on ticket sales.

Anyone know when a decision will be made.

2 hours ago, Kirmonds pouch said:

Why is this worth a thread. Hugely average French player joins mid table club, wow

It is not compulsory to join in, you realise. You could just ignore it and leave it to those who who are actually interested.

23 hours ago, ATLANTISMAN said:

England have to beat Samoa who will be right up for it, France will be lucky to get 1 win in the group.

Anyway all premature for now I really cannot see the WC happening this year especially as the success totally depends on ticket sales.

Anyone know when a decision will be made.

The short answer to your question, Paul, is no, I don't know when an announcement might be made, but I suspect that the English 'road map' for coming out of lockdown, elements of which we might see and hear on Monday, when Boris addresses the nation, could give a strong clue about how feasible sporting events with spectators might be, and when in 2021.

9 minutes ago, Kirmonds pouch said:

You do realise this is a forum so anyone can express an opinion and anyone else can express an opinion about that. What part of that overwhelms your brain?

Did you express an opinion ?

I thought you were just being a door handle.

2 hours ago, Kirmonds pouch said:

You do realise this is a forum so anyone can express an opinion and anyone else can express an opinion about that. What part of that overwhelms your brain?

You became very defensive when the state of your ground was mentioned, and us non Wakey fans laughed at you ground improvments plans drawn up on the back of a fag packet. 

Archived