Sat 27th Mar: SL: Catalans Dragons v Hull Kingston Rovers KO 17:15 (Sky)

Who will win?  

38 members have voted

1. 1. Who will win?

• Catalans Dragons
    • Hull Kingston Rovers

This poll is closed to new votes

• Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.
  • Poll closed on 27/03/21 at 17:45

• Replies 163
  • Created
  • Last Reply
9 minutes ago, The Daddy said:

I watch a lot of the local French comp and how LaGuerre played came as no surprise to me. He's been quality for some time and was scoring tries for fun. 

There are plenty of other prospects in the Catalan reserve team. Quick heads up, there's another centre coming through called Maxime Jobe, I'm not sure that he'll get game time this year but he's another centre to look out for 

Louis carre is also a good prospect but for me these youngsters need to move away from the dragons if they get limited 1st team appearances because their careers will only go sideways and stall playing in elite1.

1 hour ago, DavidM said:

I really don’t like golden point

I love it for 5 reasons.

The first SL game to be decided by GP was at Wigan and my lot won it, followed by GP wins against Wakey and Catalans away.

Oh and the 2016 MPG and tonight's game are right up there as well.

If however, Hudds win by GP tomorrow, it'll be the worst thing since unsliced bread.

Hull FC....The Sons of God...
                                                                     (Well, we are about to be crucified on Good Friday)

4 minutes ago, Old Frightful said:

I love it for 5 reasons.

The first SL game to be decided by GP was at Wigan and my lot won it, followed by GP wins against Wakey and Catalans away.

Oh and the 2016 MPG and tonight's game are right up there as well.

If however, Hudds win by GP tomorrow, it'll be the worst thing since unsliced bread.

I prefer unsliced bread.

1 hour ago, Ullman said:

Was it ever.

Shame you didn't have a shilling or two on the result...it would have been the perfect day.

"Drink Sangria in the park..."

1 minute ago, bratman said:

I prefer unsliced bread.

So do I...it was just a play on words.

1 hour ago, GeordieSaint said:

“J’nai parlez anglais” 😂😂😂

(And I don’t speak French!) 

Deserved win for Catalan. Some very contentious calls by the ref in those last 20mins. Hull KR played well though so lots of things to take away for them.

If Hull were over-celebrating and Catalans got overheated then I would have thought 1 of each side would have been fair.   Just about right for Dragons to get the win.  They kicked off so they did get 1 shot at goal.

But they have a habit of going off the boil.

32 minutes ago, Cumbrian Mackem said:

Louis carre is also a good prospect but for me these youngsters need to move away from the dragons if they get limited 1st team appearances because their careers will only go sideways and stall playing in elite1.

Yes Louis Carre is very good and also highly rated. Catalan have 3 prospects at centre that I know of. 

46 minutes ago, Old Frightful said:

Shame you didn't have a shilling or two on the result...it would have been the perfect day.

"Drink Sangria in the park..."

Or "Drink sangria in Pearson Park" 😉  

"I'm from a fishing family. Trawlermen are like pirates with biscuits." - Lucy Beaumont.

1 hour ago, lanzer98 said:

I know the french lover their language but I wonder if these young lads don't get regular english lessons. One would assume they speaker a bit better given all the English and Australians around them.

Perhaps all the English and Australians could learn to speak French?

2 hours ago, DavidM said:

I really don’t like golden point , the whole concept of extra time in a league format is a total gimmick to me , but golden point where you have no comeback from that is doubly unsatisfactory IMO 

Did all the clubs vote in favour of the Golden Point ?, im puzzled why they did. I can’t imagine the fans were asked to give their views. 

1 hour ago, Rupert Prince said:

If Hull were over-celebrating and Catalans got overheated then I would have thought 1 of each side would have been fair.   Just about right for Dragons to get the win.  They kicked off so they did get 1 shot at goal.

But they have a habit of going off the boil.

Can we ask for a bit more accuracy on the "Hull" reference please?

I thank you.

I think Mikey Lewis needs extra tackling practice after his attempt on Arthur Morgue in Extra Time. All the issues of last season flared up again as we were dominated in the tackle which meant that we couldn't get out of our own half in the first half and in the two games we have played this year we have allowed the opposition to build up big leads before coming back into it. Minchella should have started for me.

9 hours ago, DimmestStar said:

OK Hull are the team that used to exist prior to the merger with Gateshead. Now trading as Hull FC paying rent to Hull City AFC.

They have always been known as Hull FC and always will be known as Hull FC.

They pay rent to the SMC under a lease that ends in 7 years.

And, to match your bitterness, Hull Kingston Rovers will always be known as the Hull club that inexplicably won nothing during the period in which Neil Hudgell pumped millions in in a vain attempt to become a bigger and more successful club than Hull FC.

10 hours ago, Old Frightful said:

Can we ask for a bit more accuracy on the "Hull" reference please?

I thank you.

Ah...  I must apologise.  Profoundly.  'Rovers' of course.  Working with a phone keyboard encourages brevity.  Best wishes to FC.

2 hours ago, Old Frightful said:

And, to match your bitterness, Hull Kingston Rovers will always be known as the Hull club that inexplicably won nothing during the period in which Neil Hudgell pumped millions in in a vain attempt to become a bigger and more successful club than Hull FC.

Now that's accuracy.

"I'm from a fishing family. Trawlermen are like pirates with biscuits." - Lucy Beaumont.

2 hours ago, Old Frightful said:

Bless you. 

Neil Hudgell pumped millions into the club because he’s a local lad who could, and loved his team enough to do so. Not winning anything isn’t inexplicable, none of us expected to, we’re happy to have survived and slowly developed. We were in such dire straits and needing that rescue in part because of the nefarious, underhand actions of another club’s leadership who tried to take advantage of temporarily being in a ring-fenced league (purely by chance of timing) in order to destroy any local competition. As I imagine you well know. Much like Rugby Union and Vichy, it sometimes gets forgotten for a little while but not forever, and you lot can own that stain through the ages. 

But as for Neil, I don’t think he could give a flying one about comparisons with FC. He is trying to build a sustainable, progressive club, bit by bit, rooted in its local community. The change in 15 years has been phenomenal. Carry on spending money chasing trophies and paying rent as long as you want mate, we know who and what we are and it’s worth more to us. 

You’re welcome 

Apparently this site says I "won the day" here on 23rd Jan, 19th Jan, 9th Jan also 13th December, whatever any of that means. Anyway, 4 times in a few weeks? The forum must be going to the dogs - you people need to seriously up your game. Where's Dutoni when you need him?

Apologies if this point has already been made and I have missed it.

I couldn't understand why Les Dracs gave up on their opening tactic of playing the ball quickly and wide, given the success it bought, and reverted to a more conservative style of rumbling up the middle.  Arguably, that change helped HKR get back in the game.

Perhaps it was to do with energy conservation, so early in the season.

15 hours ago, GeordieSaint said:

Hall’s first try should have been chalked off. The ball bounced off someone’s head (Linnett I think) forward right into the hands of the Kenny-Dowall who was stood offside...

I was beginning to think I'd imagined that.

Just because you think everyone hates you doesn't mean they don't.

1 hour ago, Hull Kingston Bronco said:

because of the nefarious, underhand actions of another club’s leadership who tried to take advantage of temporarily being in a ring-fenced league (purely by chance of timing) in order to destroy any local competition. 

A bit like Barry Lilley then, theHull KR Chairman whose actions led to the infamous merger.

Or have you conveniently forgotten that?

20 minutes ago, Old Frightful said:

A bit like Barry Lilley then, theHull KR Chairman whose actions led to the infamous merger.

Or have you conveniently forgotten that?

Nope, I know what happened. None of which absolves your phoenix club’s disreputable behaviour. Your irritation at what Hudgell has rebuilt for our community is palpable 

Apparently this site says I "won the day" here on 23rd Jan, 19th Jan, 9th Jan also 13th December, whatever any of that means. Anyway, 4 times in a few weeks? The forum must be going to the dogs - you people need to seriously up your game. Where's Dutoni when you need him?

18 hours ago, Hela Wigmen said:

Is it the Championship or the NRL that gives sides a point for a draw in eighty minutes and then an extra one for the golden point winners? I hope we adopt that if we are to decide there must be a winner because Hull KR didn’t deserve to leave with nothing after that comeback. 

Some good games so far this weekend, let’s hope it continues. 

I agree. If you're going to have GP then it should be for a bonus point, with 1 each for the draw after 80 minutes.

I'd also have a rule that any points gained in GP extra time don't count towards overall points difference.

Last new RL ground (96): Queensway Stadium - North Wales v South Wales 25/6/17

Archived