Sun 18 Apr: SL: Hull FC v Warrington Wolves KO 15:00

Who will win?  

39 members have voted

1. 1. Who will win?

• Hull FC
    • Warrington Wolves

This poll is closed to new votes

• Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.
  • Poll closed on 18/04/21 at 14:30

• Replies 85
  • Created
  • Last Reply
19 minutes ago, latchford albion said:

Sneyd will kick the drop goal, pound to a penny.

Glad to be proved that I know nothing.

"I'm a traditionalist and I don"t think you'd ever see me coaching an Australian national side!"  Lee Radford, RLW March 2016

Proud to be a member of the TRL woke claque

Game over, a draw the fair result.

Hull FC....The Sons of God...
                                                                     (Well, we are about to be crucified on Good Friday)

2 minutes ago, Rupert Prince said:

Oh... they only go to 2 periods?

I must ask my self...  What is the point!

In a league game, there is no point. In a Cup game, I see that they need a winner on the day, but otherwise a draw should be a draw at the end of 80 minutes. But the decision was made by people who either haven't played in decades or who have never played at all.

Let me never fall into the vulgar mistake of dreaming that I am persecuted whenever I am contradicted.
Ralph Waldo Emerson

9 minutes ago, MZH said:

When Sneyd is missing easy drop goals you know its not your day.

Just didn't strike the ball with his usual style today. Didn't fancy him to land one after he missed the first.

"I'm from a fishing family. Trawlermen are like pirates with biscuits." - Lucy Beaumont.

I've just made the point on Twitter, but we are using win percentage this year.

As neither side won, then both will reduce in win percentage.

Have both sides just technically lost? What happened with the Newcastle v Widnes tie the other week?

Golden point gives you 80 minutes of Rugby League, followed by five-minute periods of Rugby Union.

Let me never fall into the vulgar mistake of dreaming that I am persecuted whenever I am contradicted.
Ralph Waldo Emerson

2 minutes ago, Ullman said:

Just didn't strike the ball with his usual style today. Didn't fancy him to land one after he missed the first.

looking at that first one, i thought he was trying to place it, whilst being mindful of not giving a 7 tackle set away if he missed, which he did and didn't do

Tough listen that on the wireless. 

2 minutes ago, Chris22 said:

Have both sides just technically lost? What happened with the Newcastle v Widnes tie the other week?

Interesting question. To be honest, I think that for Warrington the mental aspect of getting a result is bigger than the point itself would be, we were on the ropes but got away without losing against a tough side who usually drop goals for fun.

I can confirm 30+ less sales for Scotland vs Italy at Workington, after this afternoons test purchase for the Tonga match, £7.50 is extremely reasonable, however a £2.50 'delivery' fee for a walk in purchase is beyond taking the mickey, good luck with that, it's cheaper on the telly.

9 minutes ago, Futtocks said:

In a league game, there is no point. In a Cup game, I see that they need a winner on the day, but otherwise a draw should be a draw at the end of 80 minutes. But the decision was made by people who either haven't played in decades or who have never played at all.

Yes.  Agreed.

12 minutes ago, Chris22 said:

In a league competition that is being run on win percentages in 2021, don't you have to carry on and get a winner? Otherwise both teams have in effect lost this game?

4 minutes ago, Scubby said:

In a league competition that is being run on win percentages in 2021, don't you have to carry on and get a winner? Otherwise both teams have in effect lost this game?

They shouldn't have. Looking at the table of the RFL Match Centre page I think someone' got the calcs wrong: Hull should be on a win % of 83.33 (2.5 wins form 3 games) and Warrington 50% (1.5 from 3) - they've got them correct for Newcastle and Widnes in the Championship: 25% with 0.5 of a win from 2 games.

1 minute ago, Les Tonks Sidestep said:

They shouldn't have. Looking at the table of the RFL Match Centre page I think someone' got the calcs wrong: Hull should be on a win % of 83.33 (2.5 wins form 3 games) and Warrington 50% (1.5 from 3) - they've got them correct for Newcastle and Widnes in the Championship: 25% with 0.5 of a win from 2 games.

That's my take on it. Anything else would be bonkers.

"I'm from a fishing family. Trawlermen are like pirates with biscuits." - Lucy Beaumont.

2 minutes ago, Les Tonks Sidestep said:

This is going to run smoothly in a season with automatic P&R 😕 

25 minutes ago, Scubby said:

You get 0.5 each rather than 1.0. Its not that difficult.

2 minutes ago, MZH said:

You get 0.5 each rather than 1.0. Its not that difficult.

No according to the league table on the official SL site. Even they don't know what they are doing. Has unbeaten Hull 3 (2-1-0) on 66.6% and Warrington 3 (1-1-1) on 25%

Frustrated that Hull didn't finish it off in normal time but defensively the improvement in the team is immense. Three games in and it's taken the opposition around an hour or more to breach our line in every one. Gives you a platform in every game you play so hopefully we can keep that up.

2 minutes ago, Ullman said:

Frustrated that Hull didn't finish it off in normal time but defensively the improvement in the team is immense. Three games in and it's taken the opposition around an hour or more to breach our line in every one. Gives you a platform in every game you play so hopefully we can keep that up.

Hull have taken quite a few heavy beatings over the last few years in between decent performances. Be interesting to see what they could achieve with any sort of consistency.

Archived