Sat 8th May: CCQF: Hull FC v Wigan Warriors KO 14:30 (BBC)

Who will win?  

45 members have voted

1. 1. Who will win?

• Hull FC
    • Wigan Warriors

This poll is closed to new votes

• Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.
  • Poll closed on 08/05/21 at 14:00

Just now, DavidM said:

Got to admit watching them live I thought Powell’s was just a regular tackle but the Brown one looked a more obvious cannonball 

Brown's one would've been obvious to the referee (and the touch judge came on). For the other one, there were three Wigan tacklers between him and the referee, would've not been possible for Mr. Hicks to have seen it. Play only stopped because the Hull player went down.

• Replies 285
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Just now, Wellsy4HullFC said:

I'm hoping someone explains to be the difference between the Powell tackle and the Brown tackle. I'm assuming it's a huge difference considering one wasn't a penalty and the other was a penalty and ten minutes in the bin.

Very little different.  Possibly a fraction. of difference in timing.

But what if the first man goes round the legs... what are 2nd 3rd men in supposed to do? 

Neither side is playing at their best, but their levels are pretty equal. So a close contest.

Let me never fall into the vulgar mistake of dreaming that I am persecuted whenever I am contradicted.
Ralph Waldo Emerson

1 minute ago, Rupert Prince said:

Very little different.  Possibly a fraction. of difference in timing.

But what if the first man goes round the legs... what are 2nd 3rd men in supposed to do? 

That wouldn’t matter it’s a specific rule that the third man in can’t hit below the knee

1 minute ago, Wellsy4HullFC said:

But what made them different? What made one more obvious?

I think that the Wigan player was folded over made it look worse but I agree, I can't see a difference in terms of an offence from the tackler.

2 minutes ago, JonM said:

Brown's one would've been obvious to the referee (and the touch judge came on). For the other one, there were three Wigan tacklers between him and the referee, would've not been possible for Mr. Hicks to have seen it. Play only stopped because the Hull player went down.

Did they not check on the video if anything was untoward? Or are they not allowed to do that anymore?

That's the only thing I can think of being the difference - one was missed and the other one wasn't.

Wells%20Motors%20(Signature)_zps67e534e4.jpg

1 minute ago, bobbruce said:

That wouldn’t matter it’s a specific rule that the third man in can’t hit below the knee

That explains it then. The Wigan player was the fourth defender in the tackle.

1 minute ago, bobbruce said:

So every player who tackles below the knee gets penalised?  Not from what I see.

So every player who tackles below the knee gets penalised?  Not from what I see.

Exactly , you see guys regularly just getting a player to ground . It’s the force they seem to look at 

It depends whether the player is still moving or is held in an upright position.

For me both incidents in this game were yellow cards.

"I'm from a fishing family. Trawlermen are like pirates with biscuits." - Lucy Beaumont.

10 minutes ago, Just Browny said:

Yep. You should pick up some 😄s from the WDL for that.

Fantastic contributions from Dave05 and 7723.

The WDL frontmen it would seem.

Hull FC....The Sons of God...
                                                                     (Well, we are about to be crucified on Good Friday)

1 minute ago, Old Frightful said:

How revealing.

Let me never fall into the vulgar mistake of dreaming that I am persecuted whenever I am contradicted.
Ralph Waldo Emerson

3 minutes ago, Old Frightful said:

Ah, Mr. I’m always right  is out again. 

20 minutes ago, bobbruce said:

Two almost identical one first contact just above the knee and one below. 

Yep, that's what I said. Almost identical. 

"The history of the world is the history of the triumph of the heartless over the mindless." — Sir Humphrey Appleby.

"If someone doesn't value evidence, what evidence are you going to provide to prove that they should value it? If someone doesn't value logic, what logical argument could you provide to show the importance of logic?" — Sam Harris

Archived