17 minutes ago, Cumbrian Mackem said:

Just guessing but maybe hundreds of years ago the London north of the Thames was developed 1st or most populated before the areas south of the Thames?

The City (of London) and its East End and West End are all north of the river. Southwark, where people from the City went to be naughty, is on the south of the river.

Build a man a fire, and he'll be warm for a day. Set a man on fire, and he'll be warm for the rest of his life. (Terry Pratchett)

• Replies 120
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Genuine question - where do London play now? I thought they had moved to that soccer ground in the middle of nowhere (?), but the website doesn't seem to mention that. Quite fancy going to the game next week.

I can confirm 30+ less sales for Scotland vs Italy at Workington, after this afternoons test purchase for the Tonga match, £7.50 is extremely reasonable, however a £2.50 'delivery' fee for a walk in purchase is beyond taking the mickey, good luck with that, it's cheaper on the telly.

7 minutes ago, Just Browny said:

Genuine question - where do London play now? I thought they had moved to that soccer ground in the middle of nowhere (?), but the website doesn't seem to mention that. Quite fancy going to the game next week.

They’re at Ealing still till whenever Wimbledon let them use their ground, which was rumoured to be July. 

Basically if it's south of the river there's a central-ish bit like Southwark, The Borough, maybe as far as Brixton that is South London. Everything else is either south east or south west London. If it's north of the river, then you've got central, west, north west, north, north east and east.

"Just as we had been Cathars, we were treizistes, men apart."

Jean Roque, Calendrier-revue du Racing-Club Albigeois, 1958-1959

On 23/05/2021 at 15:07, Pete Grady said:

Is  Ed Chamberlain playing well for the Broncos?

He's playing OK, not offering too much, playing at FB mostly, but he suffer from an injury in yesterdays game.

On another note, I went to yesterdays game at trailfinders, and still hate the ground.

On 24/05/2021 at 00:40, westlondonfan said:

I am looking forward to going to Trailfinders this afternoon. I am not particularly enthusiastic about moving to Wimbledon in July or whenever.

Is that because of the Strawberries and Cream Crowd or because of the Wombles? See the Broncos got spanked by Bradford what size crowd did they get at Trailfinders?

1 hour ago, kiwis 13 6 said:

Is that because of the Strawberries and Cream Crowd or because of the Wombles? See the Broncos got spanked by Bradford what size crowd did they get at Trailfinders?

Not sure but it was small as a result of Covid-19 restrictions. At Wimbledon it will end up being a similar size crowd in a much bigger stadium and consequently little atmosphere.

Trailfinders enables you to walk round ground and also the food and beer is better than at any football ground I can think of.

3 minutes ago, westlondonfan said:

Not sure but it was small as a result of Covid-19 restrictions. At Wimbledon it will end up being a similar size crowd in a much bigger stadium and consequently little atmosphere.

Trailfinders enables you to walk round ground and also the food and beer is better than at any football ground I can think of.

Easy parking, can throw a ball around before and after the game, decent bar.... It was fine and matched our needs

1 hour ago, kiwis 13 6 said:

Is that because of the Strawberries and Cream Crowd

Wimbledon contains multitudes. The Wimbledon of the lawn tennis club is 2.5 miles and a world away from the Wimbledon of Plough Lane.

Build a man a fire, and he'll be warm for a day. Set a man on fire, and he'll be warm for the rest of his life. (Terry Pratchett)

49 minutes ago, westlondonfan said:

Was there an atmosphere at Trailfinders? As I've never experienced it.

6 minutes ago, Bedfordshire Bronco said:

For the SL games it was mostly buzzing except the Thursday Catalan games

Other games it was OK. Would have been worse having the 1000 people there in a 15'000 stadium anyway 

There is nothing worse than a 90% empty stadium (Or even half empty stadium) and its worse nowadays with most stadiums being all seated.

Wigan

Huddersfield 

Being the worst 2 places in SL 

14 minutes ago, ATLANTISMAN said:

There is nothing worse than a 90% empty stadium (Or even half empty stadium) and its worse nowadays with most stadiums being all seated.

Wigan

Huddersfield 

Being the worst 2 places in SL 

& Hull FC unless its a Derby. 

On 23/05/2021 at 11:13, gingerjon said:

The City (of London) and its East End and West End are all north of the river. Southwark, where people from the City went to be naughty, is on the south of the river.

So you obviously know about Holland's Leaguer, GJ.  Come to think of it, "Holland's Leaguers" could be a good name for the Dutch RL national squad!

I was at the test event at Plough Lane last week and was surprised how good the atmosphere was for a 2000 crowd. The bowl design and low, metallic roofs keep the sound in very well indeed, even four-fifths empty.

If Broncos can attract crowds of that size - and surely most sane people will be attracted to Plough Lane more than Trailfinders - it'll be alright.

2 hours ago, Man of Kent said:

I was at the test event at Plough Lane last week and was surprised how good the atmosphere was for a 2000 crowd. The bowl design and low, metallic roofs keep the sound in very well indeed, even four-fifths empty.

If Broncos can attract crowds of that size - and surely most sane people will be attracted to Plough Lane more than Trailfinders - it'll be alright.

Are you suggesting folk who aren't attracted at all to Plough Lane and prefer Trailfinders are insane ??!! Like most Broncos real supporters on here, my emotional attachment to the club has worn so thin, I'm hardly bothered I don't feel the urge of going to games after two decades of religious support. Sunday put that into perspective.

1 minute ago, Magic XIII said:

Are you suggesting folk who aren't attracted at all to Plough Lane and prefer Trailfinders are insane ??!! Like most Broncos real supporters on here, my emotional attachment to the club has worn so thin, I'm hardly bothered I don't feel the urge of going to games after two decades of religious support. Sunday put that into perspective.

Kind of, yeah. 

I'm totally confident that most (not all!) who visit Plough Lane - not just the stadium facilities but also the very close-by pubs, brewery and places to eat - won't miss the glorified park at Ealing.

13 hours ago, Man of Kent said:

Bowl design? Low metallic roofs? 3/4 of the stadium consists of temporary stands. You've got your wish, for the Broncos to finance your football club, so you can stop acting as a fluffer now.

"Just as we had been Cathars, we were treizistes, men apart."

Jean Roque, Calendrier-revue du Racing-Club Albigeois, 1958-1959

On ‎24‎/‎05‎/‎2021 at 16:46, Click said:

He's playing OK, not offering too much, playing at FB mostly, but he suffer from an injury in yesterdays game.

On another note, I went to yesterdays game at trailfinders, and still hate the ground.

21 hours ago, Man of Kent said:

lets see what happens come july/august....as a very  long term supporter (since it started)of the club,i'm hoping for that magical figure....but with around 300/350 regulars,just not sure where 1700 will come from.

but lets see!

21 hours ago, Man of Kent said:

I too was at the test event. Found it miles from the tube (went to Tooting Broadway but understand Earlsfield is a similar distance). Didnt see much around the area . No pubs on the 2 mile walk from tube. Surely Orient would have been better

13 minutes ago, aylesburyos said:

I too was at the test event. Found it miles from the tube (went to Tooting Broadway but understand Earlsfield is a similar distance). Didnt see much around the area . No pubs on the 2 mile walk from tube. Surely Orient would have been better

You must have got lost as it's one mile from Tooting Broadway!

I've never been that way but I can tell you there's dozens of ‘nice’ places on Garratt Lane (the main road leading down to Plough Lane from Earlsfield station), then as you come towards Plough Lane itself there’s takeaways, cafe, a Tesco Express for cans/snacks, By The Horns craft beer tap room, the Corner Pin pub and Macca’s is building a new branch bang opposite the ground. 

It’s pwopa London, not a remote corner of a Middlesex suburb.  

6 minutes ago, Man of Kent said:

You must have got lost as it's one mile from Tooting Broadway!

I've never been that way but I can tell you there's dozens of ‘nice’ places on Garratt Lane (the main road leading down to Plough Lane from Earlsfield station), then as you come towards Plough Lane itself there’s takeaways, cafe, a Tesco Express for cans/snacks, By The Horns craft beer tap room, the Corner Pin pub and Macca’s is building a new branch bang opposite the ground. 

It’s pwopa London, not a remote corner of a Middlesex suburb.  

Thanks for the reply. I'm a quick walker & it took a good 20 to 25 mins .Whenever I use the tube most places seem just a short walk after. I will be back for a match hopefully from July

Archived