Thu 24 Jun: SL: Wakefield Trinity v Wigan Warriors KO 19:45

Who will win?  

26 members have voted

1. 1. Who will win?

• Wakefield Trinity
    • Wigan Warriors

This poll is closed to new votes

• Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.
  • Poll closed on 24/06/21 at 19:15

• Replies 59
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Wakefield will be too weak, mainly in the backline, to trouble the Wigan team.  Miller now a doubt in addition to representative guys Lyne and Kay plus injured Tupou.  Westerman and Tanganoa in the rep game too.  Daft as the rep game timing is, at least the club is doing it's bit to try and help make it a decent game.

Damage limitation IMHO.  Wigan by about 15 to 20.

This world was never meant for one as beautiful as me.

Wakefield Trinity RLFC
2012 - 2014 "The wasted years"

2013, 2014 & 2015 Official Magic Weekend "Whipping Boys"

2017 - The year the dream disappeared under Grix's left foot.

2018 - The FinniChezz Bromance 

2019 - The Return of the Prodigal Son

Both teams look like they will be severely weakened and from what I've read both only have 17 fit players to call upon so at least team selection won't be too difficult.

Wigan's line up will be something like:

Hanley; Bibby, Isa, Gildart, Marshall; Smith, Leuluai; Havard, Powell, Byrne; Smithies, Pearce-Paul, Partington - Bench: Bullock, Shorrocks, McDonnell, O'Neill

There's some room to tinker. McDonnnell could play centre to allow Isa to move into the pack. Partington may start at prop to allow 2 props on the bench with Shorrocks at 13 but I don't expect anything out of left field.

Mitch Clark's loan deal expires on the day of the game so he may be a late addition. 

Sometimes weakened teams can produce exciting games so here's hoping that's the case. I remember a game between Wigan and Hull post Challenge Cup final a few years ago where both played severely weakened sides and it ended up being the most entertaining game that year.

Or Wigan will continue to be clueless in attack and it will be a chore to watch.

I think this could be fun, and I hope we give it a good go - certainly, more of a go than in the 60-0 effort not so long ago.

My memory may be playing tricks on me, but I recall Hampson playing for GB and Wigan on consecutive days - and being sent off on both occasions. Those were the days. 

Two teams having to make do without many regulars. However no matter what many think about lamm he is a far better coach than chester(so are many others) . Wigan also have a younger team. 

Wakey could easily beat them by a huge score ,but Wigan could also out enthuse wakey and beat them. 

I dont have a clue, dont think the bookies do either  hence both teams on scratch.

Miller not out warming up so looks like Hampshire and Lino in the halfs.

Wakefield Trinity RLFC

Hampshire gets the first try of the game.

Wakey 4 Pies nowt.

Hull FC....The Sons of God...
                                                                     (Well, we are about to be crucified on Good Friday)

Hampshire in off a Tom Johnstone break

nice play from Jowitt who receives a downtown and turns the ball back to the outside to Tom Johnstone who’s pace does the rest, Hampshire in support gets the spoils.

Lino converts

6-0

5 minutes ago, OMEGA said:

Tom Johnstone who’s pace does the rest

Apart from score presumably?

1 minute ago, OMEGA said:

I did put “Hampshire in support gets the spoils”

Ah yes, but you were lacking in accuracy!

You should know you'll get slaughtered for that on here.

Even by me...😀

Wakey score another after a kick where two involved players were offside and the entirely unbiased commentators admit as such.

Wakey 12 Pies 0.

Arf tarm.

Wakey in just on the hooter Wakey 12  Wigan 0

Visit my photography site www.padge.smugmug.com

Radio 5 Live: Saturday 14 April 2007

Dave Whelan "In Wigan rugby will always be king"

This country's wealth was created by men in overalls, it was destroyed by men in suits.

HT 12-0

Wakefield Trinity RLFC

Archived