Will you be there?

WTRLFC WEBSITE

When we played them at home we just didn’t perform at all and we could have got a draw right at the end. It will be difficult for sure, they are a really big and strong team and will certainly have a size advantage but hopefully we don’t let them get a roll on and don’t give too many penalties away. I hope we’ve saved our best till the last game, you can do it boys!! UTT

• Like 1

I've watched them four times now and three times i've thought they were awful for long periods of the game and the other when they beat us at Donny they were average BUT they keep winning and they can score from anywhere against the run of play.  I can't call it...our defense and kicking need to be solid.

I feel for Keighley who have now been beaten after the hooter two weeks running!

Edited by homeandawayer
  • Like 1

It’s very nervy being in a promotion final isn’t it ? God knows what state I’ll be in by Sunday , I’ve already played this match in my head about 10 times .

Edited by DavidM

2 hours ago, weighman said:

3 bus loads from Doncaster . 

Good stuff, its a hell of a journey so I hope it goes ok.

Obviously I then hope your journey home is full of disappointment and sadness...

• Like 1

Doncaster have some big lads for sure but we were always told “they can’t run without their legs” and “the bigger they are the harder they fall”.  So our defence has to be spot on if we are going to win. Don’t let their big lads get any steam up.  I’m sure we can beat them but we will find out on Sunday!!!

• Like 1

I remember when .............................

"It is impossible not to feel a twinge of sympathy for Workington Town, the fall guys this season for the Super League's determination to retain it's European dimension, in the shape of Paris. While the French have had every assistance to survive, the importance of having a flagship in a heartland area like West Cumbria has been conveniently forgotten." - Dave Hadfield - Independent 25th August 1996.

6 minutes ago, ST1959 said:

8 of us going grand final Up early Sunday morning to get back home for the biggest final of the weekend Come on TOWN you can do it UTT

Dont forget to message me marra. Its been a long long time ( nearly 40 years or sommat) since we last had a beer.  Shame about the High Duties reunion Friday.

I will be down DP with Peter Gorley so you wont be able to miss his big ginger heed 🤣.... Oh sorry hes like you now ...bald...but we gotta meet up .

Maybe the last chance .🙃

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Keith T said:

Doncaster have some big lads for sure but we were always told “they can’t run without their legs” and “the bigger they are the harder they fall”.  So our defence has to be spot on if we are going to win. Don’t let their big lads get any steam up.  I’m sure we can beat them but we will find out on Sunday!!!

Can't run without their heads either Keith 😂

Edited by anok4u

go **** yasell ya little **** gain NL1 then take ya **** out ya dads **** then speak proper rugby talk. you jameating little spotty ****...itchy waa waa 2008...

This is a massive game for the forwards this week they have done it tough all season due to injuries and size but I'm sure the lads will rise to the occasion and get the job done 

We could really do with gabe back this week to guide us around the park and get Brad back to his natural position in the wing 

Very nervous for the game already 

• Like 1

1 hour ago, town2018 said:

Very nervous for the game already 

At least I'm not the only one 🤣

I'm not gonna be sleeping by the weekend,  Will just have to resort to drink! 🍺🍺🍺

The race is not always to the swift nor the battle to the strong, but thats the way to bet!

15 hours ago, The Voodooguru said:

At least I'm not the only one 🤣

I'm not gonna be sleeping by the weekend,  Will just have to resort to drink! 🍺🍺🍺

My nerves are shreaded. I wasn't nervous for the Keighley game because I was expecting to lose, there was 6 of us sitting having a pint before the game unI near silence. You would think we were going to the gallows and not DP. Not one of us was cinfudent. Oh ye of little faith eh. 🙄 It's just what 58 yrs of watching Town does to you. 😱 Just hoping we get a decent crowd in and make it the 14th man, I noticed there was only just over 1100 at the Keighley v Donny game. Which must have been disappointing, but it's better than 985 I suppose 🤔🙄 UTT. 💙💙💙

1 hour ago, Unicorn 106 said:

My nerves are shreaded. I wasn't nervous for the Keighley game because I was expecting to lose, there was 6 of us sitting having a pint before the game unI near silence. You would think we were going to the gallows and not DP. Not one of us was cinfudent. Oh ye of little faith eh. 🙄 It's just what 58 yrs of watching Town does to you. 😱 Just hoping we get a decent crowd in and make it the 14th man, I noticed there was only just over 1100 at the Keighley v Donny game. Which must have been disappointing, but it's better than 985 I suppose 🤔🙄 UTT. 💙💙💙

I think its because we had a second chance against Keighley with the nerves and expectation but this is the big one, and there will be a very big crowd as there's a buzz in the air. I even know some Haven lads coming down to watch as they want our derby back on the calendar and know how good it will be to have all 3 cumbria teams in the championship, so fair play to them even though they deny they will cheer us on lol.

UTT! 

The race is not always to the swift nor the battle to the strong, but thats the way to bet!

1 hour ago, The Voodooguru said:

I think its because we had a second chance against Keighley with the nerves and expectation but this is the big one, and there will be a very big crowd as there's a buzz in the air. I even know some Haven lads coming down to watch as they want our derby back on the calendar and know how good it will be to have all 3 cumbria teams in the championship, so fair play to them even though they deny they will cheer us on lol.

UTT! 

Probably nervous because I've watched us in 9 finals and we've only won 2.😱

• Like 2

This is my last full season of watching Town as I'm heading off next year to spend my retirement somewhere a bit warmer..... This could be my last ever final...

• Like 1

"i hate workington town fans with a passion they are the biggest cry babies in rl and boy do they get jealous easy"- Choccy 2012

"if it wernt for me they would have nowt at all to talk about" - Choccy 2012