Jump to content

Recommended Posts


Sorry to go off on a tangent but just saw that the town of Riverside, Iowa, the place where Captain Kirk was born in Star Trek now has this sign up at the town limits -

 

 

 

kirk.images.jpg

  • Like 6
  • Haha 1

Jam Eater  1.(noun. jam eeter) A Resident of Whitehaven or Workington. Offensive.  It is now a term of abuse that both towns of West Cumbria use for each other especially at Workington/Whitehaven rugby league derby matches.

St Albans Centurions Website 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Is the universe ready for the real thing, rather than James Tiberius Kirk?

"We are easily breakable, by illness or falling, or a million other ways of leaving this earthly life. We are just so much mashed potato."  Don Estelle

Link to comment
Share on other sites

william shatner is one of the last true living legend celebrities - still cool as f--k - still parody and full of fun even at 90 - brilliant

  • Thanks 1

did the bloke who invented the phrase "one hit wonder" invent anything else?

Link to comment
Share on other sites

4 minutes ago, graveyard johnny said:

william shatner is one of the last true living legend celebrities - still cool as f--k - still parody and full of fun even at 90 - brilliant

His appearance as chair of HIGNFY is memorable, especially if you're from Ilfracombe: https://dai.ly/x6s7sn0

"We are easily breakable, by illness or falling, or a million other ways of leaving this earthly life. We are just so much mashed potato."  Don Estelle

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Great stuff , he’s still got a twinkle in the eye and full of fun and doesnt take himself to seriously . And i like The Unxplained , Weird or What and shows like that where he’s sometimes subtly taking the youknowwhat while also having a great time hamming it up

Edited by DavidM
Link to comment
Share on other sites

Blue Origin crew concerned by new uniforms ahead of Shatner space flight |  NewsThumpI wonder who thought of dressing the other three crew members in red shirts ...?

  • Haha 2

Jam Eater  1.(noun. jam eeter) A Resident of Whitehaven or Workington. Offensive.  It is now a term of abuse that both towns of West Cumbria use for each other especially at Workington/Whitehaven rugby league derby matches.

St Albans Centurions Website 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

3 hours ago, Exiled Townie said:

Blue Origin crew concerned by new uniforms ahead of Shatner space flight |  NewsThumpI wonder who thought of dressing the other three crew members in red shirts ...?

Whoever it was doesn't know.... and Shatner wasn't going to mention it!

"I am the avenging angel; I come with wings unfurled, I come with claws extended from halfway round the world. I am the God Almighty, I am the howling wind. I care not for your family; I care not for your kin. I come in search of terror, though terror is my own; I come in search of vengeance for crimes and crimes unknown. I care not for your children, I care not for your wives, I care not for your country, I care not for your lives." - (c) Jim Boyes - "The Avenging Angel"

Link to comment
Share on other sites

its so great to see that while the rest of us are lectured to death about global warming and made to feel shameful for owning a car and god forbid going on a foreign holiday! that the billionaires can still just burn up the planet with their silly little playthings- did ws even go in to space? i hope so but in reality  somehow doubt it

did the bloke who invented the phrase "one hit wonder" invent anything else?

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Seeing all sorts of references/stories about William Shatner this week, this might appeal to those of a certain age - 

The episode that many viewers remember about the Twilight Zone is “Nightmare at 20,000 Feet,” directed by the late Richard Donner and broadcast in 1963.  Starring a pre-Kirk William Shatner, the plane-bound story was about a passenger that kept looking out of a certain window and seeing a gremlin ripping an in flight planes engine to pieces.  And because of this, Shatner’s character made an impact on the real world of air travel!

Seats on flights overlooking the wing were later marked with small black triangles to indicate they have the best view of the wings. Should a crew member wish to see what’s going on — from a fault to a bird strike — they can slide into this special position and make a judgment. And what do airlines call this position?

What else — “The William Shatner Seat”!

Jam Eater  1.(noun. jam eeter) A Resident of Whitehaven or Workington. Offensive.  It is now a term of abuse that both towns of West Cumbria use for each other especially at Workington/Whitehaven rugby league derby matches.

St Albans Centurions Website 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

On 14/10/2021 at 17:15, graveyard johnny said:

its so great to see that while the rest of us are lectured to death about global warming and made to feel shameful for owning a car and god forbid going on a foreign holiday! that the billionaires can still just burn up the planet with their silly little playthings- did ws even go in to space? i hope so but in reality  somehow doubt it

If billionaires want to visit strange new worlds they could visit a tax office. 

Visit my photography site www.padge.smugmug.com

Radio 5 Live: Saturday 14 April 2007

Dave Whelan "In Wigan rugby will always be king"

 

This country's wealth was created by men in overalls, it was destroyed by men in suits.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

11 hours ago, Exiled Townie said:

Seeing all sorts of references/stories about William Shatner this week, this might appeal to those of a certain age - 

The episode that many viewers remember about the Twilight Zone is “Nightmare at 20,000 Feet,” directed by the late Richard Donner and broadcast in 1963.  Starring a pre-Kirk William Shatner, the plane-bound story was about a passenger that kept looking out of a certain window and seeing a gremlin ripping an in flight planes engine to pieces.  And because of this, Shatner’s character made an impact on the real world of air travel!

Seats on flights overlooking the wing were later marked with small black triangles to indicate they have the best view of the wings. Should a crew member wish to see what’s going on — from a fault to a bird strike — they can slide into this special position and make a judgment. And what do airlines call this position?

What else — “The William Shatner Seat”!

The ' thing on the wing ' episode 😱😀

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
 Share

  • Recently Browsing   0 members

    • No registered users viewing this page.


×
×
  • Create New...