London Broncos Squad 2022

24 minutes ago, Jughead said:

You’re the only one talking about the local area. Nobody else has brought that up. 

Have you forgotten already that you passed judgement on an area you have visited 3 time in 16 years.

Anyway when to go to the Broncos v Eagles game your opinion might alter, See you there 👍

3 minutes ago, The Future is League said:

Have you forgotten already that you passed judgement on an area you have visited 3 time in 16 years.

Anyway when to go to the Broncos v Eagles game your opinion might alter, See you there 👍

I passed judgement on a stadium I’ve been to. I made no reference to the local area until you asked, of which I said the immediate vicinity to the ground is residential and Gravesend “is a pretty big standard town”. 

So yeah, you’re arguing points nobody has made. You enjoy it, I hope it doesn’t rain. 

1 hour ago, The Future is League said:

And your club is?

From 1994 until 2021 I was a supporter of London Broncos. There's literally nothing you can tell me about that club that I don't already know.

• Like 6

"Just as we had been Cathars, we were treizistes, men apart."

Jean Roque, Calendrier-revue du Racing-Club Albigeois, 1958-1959

2 hours ago, POR said:

Apparently 

Kuflink Stadium will host the match as part of the Broncos’ plans to play one game annually in Kent. 

Jason Loubser, London Broncos CEO, 

It’s always been our ambition to grow Rugby League across the region, and we hope our plans to host a one-off match each season in Kent can accelerate us fulfilling this objective.

Gillingham must have told us no then.

• Like 1

Build a man a fire, and he'll be warm for a day. Set a man on fire, and he'll be warm for the rest of his life. (Terry Pratchett)

On 16/05/2022 at 19:16, The Future is League said:

The Broncos to play Sheffield Eagles at Ebbsfleet Utd FC on the 3rd of July

I shall be in Kent that weekend for a reunion so will go to the game, and hopefully the posters on here who live in Kent and East Sussex and South Essex will turn up as well

https://londonbroncosrl.com/2022/05/16/london-broncos-home-fixture-against-sheffield-moved-to-ebbsfleet/

That’s not Super League chief.

12 hours ago, westlondonfan said:

That’s not Super League chief.

I think you are being funny !! By the way, where is the erstwhile @ManofKent. Since the LB move to Plough Lane that he regularly lauded has turned into the predicted by actual LB fans s/show, he's gone missing.

• Haha 1

The broncos will be back in superleague within 3 years rebranded as the london Dons

You heard it here first

York and newcastle will also be there with plans for northwales crusaders in a 15 team super league

Each team playing each other home and away

Just now, The storm said:

You heard it here first

Just say it out loud, "The London Dons" and you'll work out why it will never happen.

You stand more chance of getting Wimbledon Broncos.

But that will only happen in the season we move to Sutton.

Build a man a fire, and he'll be warm for a day. Set a man on fire, and he'll be warm for the rest of his life. (Terry Pratchett)

On 17/05/2022 at 10:00, gingerjon said:

Gillingham must have told us no then.

Presumably so. A quick look at their social media shows they have had renovation work to their pitch so I assume it needs time to recuperate, though Gillingham are playing on it two weeks after in a pre-season game. 

The only way you have a London brand in superleage is if the Broncos fold, and a new team comes in.

But can you imagine the screams from Yorkshire if a new London team was shoehorned into Super League over say Batley or York.  Batley have been punching above their weight for several seasons now

• Like 1

7 hours ago, The storm said:

The broncos will be back in superleague within 3 years rebranded as the london Dons

You heard it here first

York and newcastle will also be there with plans for northwales crusaders in a 15 team super league

Each team playing each other home and away

So who will be the clubs dropped from Super League to make way for these teams?

9 hours ago, OriginalMrC said:

Quite! The Dons is a toxic brand (due do association with MK Dons) and one which Wimbledon would be horrified by! 

As I said before just say LONDON DONS out loud to know why that should never be the name.

6 hours ago, newbe said:

Slightly of topic, if Broncos get relegated (hope not) will they lose there academy / scholarship  status? If they do it will really help Skolars and Southern Conferance teams in London. 

That sounds more like two (or more) steps back for one step forwards. 

• Like 1

10 hours ago, newbe said:

Slightly of topic, if Broncos get relegated (hope not) will they lose there academy / scholarship  status? If they do it will really help Skolars and Southern Conferance teams in London. 

Ah yes, the player pool being decimated. What a good thing that would be for the sport and the two respective clubs. 

• Like 1

Not seen anything formal but some media outlets are reporting Jermaine Coleman has been sacked.

Not all Broncos fans are convinced he's the root cause of the problems this season. It'll be interesting to see if the change makes a difference or whether this is just a variant on the "it was the location of the ground that caused all the problems, our new one is perfect" line we've heard a few times.

2 minutes ago, Ivarr the Boneless said:

Not seen anything formal but some media outlets are reporting Jermaine Coleman has been sacked.

Not all Broncos fans are convinced he's the root cause of the problems this season. It'll be interesting to see if the change makes a difference or whether this is just a variant on the "it was the location of the ground that caused all the problems, our new one is perfect" line we've heard a few times.

I don't see how changing the coach makes any difference. There be a 1-2 game bounce but nothing fundamental is going to change.

Don't think he was the right man for the job. But the players he had at his disposal also aren't good enough. Supposedly he was recruited due to his connections in London and the South. However the exodus of players before the season started suggested he didn't have quite the sway the club thought he had. Ultimately he's paid the price but I wonder will Hughes act and make changes to his incompetent management team also 

Edited by OriginalMrC