Attendances (Multiple Merged Threads)

7 hours ago, Scubby said:

These are pretty conservative estimates for the first games of the season. Historically these are high crowds for clubs as there is a lot of optimism about (before Hull fans start tearing their season passes up).

Saints v Catalans 11,500, Cas v Salford 9,000, Hull KR v Wigan 8700, Leeds v Wire 13,800, Toulouse v Huddersfield 5,700, Wakefield v Hull 6,500

Saints is a GF rematch plus a strong promotion from the club. Definitely a solid five figure crowd

It’d be great to see those gates at the matches, i was thinking a Thursday night could put a few spectators off. But there is nothing better than being at the ground watching live RL. 

• Like 1

3 hours ago, Eddie said:

Yeah 638 must have been disappointing for Newcastle, especially with Newcastle Utd not playing last weekend and the Union team being away. Not sure how they can hope to sustain a full time team with attendances like that, hopefully they’ll pick up. 

Batley had more fans there I’d say too 

a lot of batley fans went as we’ve had a decent start again 

21 hours ago, Eddie said:

Toulouse Union’s game is on Sunday evening, hopefully it won’t impact on Olympique’s crowd too much, I think 4k would be considered a success. 

I think after that after their last attendance was about 9000, to get less than half of that for their first ever SL game would be a huge disappointment, don't you? I expect much higher than 4k

Edited by Hello

1 hour ago, Hello said:

I think after that after their last attendance was about 9000, to get less than half of that for their first ever SL game would be a huge disappointment, don't you? I expect much higher than 4k

I don’t no, that was a final, if you look at their championship regular season attendances going back years a 4K crowd would be more than doubling them so a good step forward. 

I think Castleford will sell out. Even though there’s a ticket offer on, to sell out against (no disrespect) Salford on is impressive. 9000 tickets sold already and the capacity for the game is 10000, I wouldn’t be surprised if there’s a few walk ups disappointed.

York vs Dewsbury - I was disappointed with the crowd of 1562, on the positive side it’s a 15% increase on our last crowd against Dewsbury which was played in the middle of summer compared to last Sunday’s game in the freezing cold.

With York I don’t want to keep saying ‘only 5 years ago we were getting 500 a match.’ I don’t think there’s any one major thing that’s the reason, just lots of little things which all individually knock a few off the attendance and when added together have an impact - things like stadium location, ease of parking, ticket situation, style of play, success. To a York fan those things don’t matter but it’s no longer the committed York fan we are trying to attract, it’s the floating fans, newbies and people who used to watch the club. 

• Like 4

Cas also refer to the event experience. Good stuff, would appear to be a bit of recognition that an effort is required, which is exactly what I was hoping after a bit of a stuttering season last year.

Leeds don't mention anything in their Fan Info pags about anything other than logistics.

22 minutes ago, Dave T said:

Cas also refer to the event experience. Good stuff, would appear to be a bit of recognition that an effort is required, which is exactly what I was hoping after a bit of a stuttering season last year.

Leeds don't mention anything in their Fan Info pags about anything other than logistics.

Yes it's great to see the effort:

COME AND CHECKOUT OUR NEW FAN ZONE!

Heading up our brand new matchday experience, the Club can reveal we have created an exciting new Fan Zone behind the Main Stand which will feature:

The ‘Molson Coors Stage’ where entertainment will perform both before and after the game

A new resident DJ will get fans ready for the game and host a post-match disco and karaoke

The ‘Doom Bar Real Ale Bar’ – our real ale bar has been doubled in size in the off-season and will feature a number of guest beers

A brand-new gin, wine, and prosecco bar

Plus, new street food vendors as part of a ‘Street Kitchen’ alongside other exciting food options!

• Like 2

9 minutes ago, Damien said:

Heading up our brand new matchday experience, the Club can reveal we have created an exciting new Fan Zone behind the Main Stand which will feature:

The ‘Molson Coors Stage’ where entertainment will perform both before and after the game

A new resident DJ will get fans ready for the game and host a post-match disco and karaoke

The ‘Doom Bar Real Ale Bar’ – our real ale bar has been doubled in size in the off-season and will feature a number of guest beers

Plus, new street food vendors as part of a ‘Street Kitchen’ alongside other exciting food options!

Excellent stuff

12 minutes ago, Damien said:

Superb (other than Coors and Doombar, as it’s the TRL forum I feel obliged to say something negative about an otherwise excellent initiative). 

Looking at the Broncos ticket site only looks like 500 or so tickets sold right now, so does not look like a lot of the fans who came for Widnes game are coming back, but lets hope they can double that in next 3-4 days.

Still have home fans paying more than away fans in the same section which is madness

• Sad 1

58 minutes ago, crashmon said:

Looking at the Broncos ticket site only looks like 500 or so tickets sold right now, so does not look like a lot of the fans who came for Widnes game are coming back, but lets hope they can double that in next 3-4 days.

Still have home fans paying more than away fans in the same section which is madness

London (over)weighting? 

2 hours ago, Eddie said:

Superb (other than Coors and Doombar, as it’s the TRL forum I feel obliged to say something negative about an otherwise excellent initiative). 

You can't say anything negative about Doom Bar, Eddie. They're sponsoring Cornwall RLFC 🙂

• Haha 1

Toulouse president says he's hoping for a 6000 average attendance this season, with 14-15 000 for the game with Catalans. They've sold approaching 700 season tickets, but he expects that number to keep going up.

• Like 5
  • Thanks 1

6 hours ago, Damien said:

It might be the cynic in me , and I'm sure all will enjoy , but is this the big tent/ marquee that CAS have had behind the stand for years ? 

Not criticising , just interested , I'm sure some will let us know afterwards 

13 hours ago, Eddie said:

I don’t no, that was a final, if you look at their championship regular season attendances going back years a 4K crowd would be more than doubling them so a good step forward. 

You're correct, their regular season attendances not so long ago were under a couple of thousand most games.  I respectfully maintain though that to drop from 9k second tier for the semi final as well as the final of the second tier to less than half that for their first ever game in super League would be surprising and disappointing, unless the weather is awful or something.  We will soon see and I hope that I am right for the good of game, but maybe I will prove to be incorrect. Fingers crossed! 

• Like 1

56 minutes ago, Hello said:

You're correct, their regular season attendances not so long ago were under a couple of thousand most games.  I respectfully maintain though that to drop from 9k second tier for the semi final as well as the final of the second tier to less than half that for their first ever game in super League would be surprising and disappointing, unless the weather is awful or something.  We will soon see and I hope that I am right for the good of game, but maybe I will prove to be incorrect. Fingers crossed! 

I hope you’re right too 👍

• Like 1

11 hours ago, Damien said:

Giants are also doing something similar this year with a street festival with a DJ, live acts, bars etc hopefully it will be a success and we can attract a whole wad of new fans?

All the talk about the last few years has been about how the likes of Toronto, Toulouse, Newcastle, York should replace Huddersfield, Salford, Wakefield etc in SL as apparently these clubs don't "offer anything"

Yet, going by this thread, if Toulouse get less than 4,000 then all 3 clubs would have attracted less than 6,000 fans between them, hardly a new world order is it?

Hopefully there'll be a good, vibrant atmosphere at Toulouse on Saturday evening.

• Like 1