Attendances (Multiple Merged Threads)

14 minutes ago, Dallas Mead said:

I was just interested in the Leeds Hull attendance for the testimonial match.  I find myself “doing the math” and hoping for a good pay day for said player 🙏

It wasn’t just yours mate, there’ve been loads this week, which is fair enough, attendances are fascinating. 

Edited by Eddie
  • Thanks 1

1 minute ago, Eddie said:

It wasn’t just yours mate, there’ve been loads this week, which is fair enough, attendances are fascinating. 

This year more than most, as there's no substantial covid excuse or otherwise this time as we need a bounceback.

41 minutes ago, Spidey said:

@ckn @John Drake - Can all the other ones be merged now 🙂

You've got confused. This is the Attendance Thread, not the Attendance Thread Thread.

• Haha 3

I can confirm 30+ less sales for Scotland vs Italy at Workington, after this afternoons test purchase for the Tonga match, £7.50 is extremely reasonable, however a £2.50 'delivery' fee for a walk in purchase is beyond taking the mickey, good luck with that, it's cheaper on the telly.

3 minutes ago, Tommygilf said:

This year more than most, as there's no substantial covid excuse or otherwise this time as we need a bounceback.

Especially as football grounds are as busy as ever, so people blatantly aren’t scared of going to packed stadiums. The CC and Championship attendances from last week offer encouragement though. 

• Like 1

26 minutes ago, Dallas Mead said:

I was just interested in the Leeds Hull attendance for the testimonial match.  I find myself “doing the math” and hoping for a good pay day for said player 🙏

I really wasn't having a dig at you chap and agree it's nice to see good testimonials

Pleased to see we have one attendance thread (if someone can merge the old threads)

• Thanks 1

19 hours ago, Steven Grason said:

Some promising attendances in the figures published yesterday for the Championship games  (London, Barrow, Leigh) but it's really hard to find attendance figures for all games - especially Championship and beyond. Does anyone know if there is anywhere they are published? Or does anyone have the time to collate and publish on here (big ask I know!) 

You should be able to find them on at least one of the other attendance thread.

Try the 

or 

or 

or 

But don’t expect to find it here because @Bedfordshire Bronco won’t allow it

Edited by Sports Prophet
  • Like 1

22 hours ago, sweaty craiq said:

Should show gate receipts also then

I remember years ago in the old Saints supporters club diary they’d give the attendances for cup games and the gate receipts. Nowadays the club doesn’t even tell you the full details of a players contract. 

6 minutes ago, sweaty craiq said:

I dont jeffreying know, I will try and find out - the RFL probably said its done now so dont make us look any worse than we are

Yes.

That does make a lot of sense.

Build a man a fire, and he'll be warm for a day. Set a man on fire, and he'll be warm for the rest of his life. (Terry Pratchett)

Just now, Josef K said:

I remember years ago in the old Saints supporters club diary they’d give the attendances for cup games and the gate receipts. Nowadays the club doesn’t even tell you the full details of a players contract. 

Most results had crowd and receipts back in the day

• Like 1

22 hours ago, Just Browny said:

Very RL that we are now onto the third thread about yesterday's Championship attendances.

Attendances have always been a talking point in RL ever since i started going.
When i meet up with mates at a game we sometimes have a sweep and the closest to the correct attendance wins the cash. When i speak to people who didn’t go to the game they will ask “how many was on” and “how many away fans were there”. 

15 hours ago, Tommygilf said:

Apologies for not being clear, its just that we were told Monday nights and being on TV would be terrible for crowds. Turns out its the best crowd of the week!

Always remember ''Top line is vanity, bottom line sanity'' (ok Cash is reality but not applicable here)

2 hours ago, Bedfordshire Bronco said:

John.....Can we have an attendance thread purely for attendance chat please ?

Much like political or Covid chat I would like to avoid it as a topic 

Not a dig at you Dallas by way. I do understand lots of people are interested 

I think you're right - a lot of people are interested and it would be good to get it in it's own specific thread, for all things attendance related. It should be kept in the General RL forum though, unlike politics/covid which were rightly moved out. 

• Thanks 2

As well as the attendance, couldn’t clubs list the name and address of the attendees? Not only would it prove you were a real fan, should you ever get caught up in any sort of police case you can use it as a cast iron alibi. Win win