Whitehaven match

Evs62

8 hours ago, Twinkle said:

Really good game watched on Premier Sport, weather was bad for both teams to endure so can’t blame that. Pleased to see the effort but we have some really weak players that make you hold your breathe whenever they’re near the ball. Defended very well thought the game changed when Simons went off & brought back on too late. Great to see Wheetman out there he did well, Fitzy great as usual, players that are usually brilliant for us had an off game today. Newbies were excellent. All in all though much improved let’s hope it’s not just because it was a Derby though we need to be consistent hope the game helps with their confidence & they can build on it & get some wins under our belt.

Actually thought town wer brilliant and took the game to haven 1st half, 2nd half we had a lot of ball and could not score we got in great positions numerous times and errors came in with the conditions but it was a proper ding dong of a derby as they should be play like that next week u will beat dewsbury

• Like 5
  • Thanks 1

12 minutes ago, townie88 said:

I know we've said it a few times before this season. But another game we've been close to a side further up the table than us. The win will come! Walker was clearly being targeted in defence, but I think he must retain his place. We seem much more a threat when he has hands on the ball. 

Everyone's further up the table than us 😂

Agree with the Walker comments, hopefully he'll get a run of games now, get his head down and work hard to keep his place. 

Heard that we have been very unlucky with a couple of signings that were scuppered at the last minute (literally) by injury or parent/current clubs pulling the plug. 

But the effort from everyone involved to improve this squad is definitely there. 

• Like 3

Personally think the turning point in the game was when Clark but a big shot in and won town the ball back in good territory and turn end up in touch on the 1st play poor game management but let's move onto next week and keep behind the lads as they left the pitch with nothing left in the tank yesterday and for me that's enough 

• Like 3

5 minutes ago, town2018 said:

Personally think the turning point in the game was when Clark but a big shot in and won town the ball back in good territory and turn end up in touch on the 1st play poor game management but let's move onto next week and keep behind the lads as they left the pitch with nothing left in the tank yesterday and for me that's enough 

That and the usual try before HT knocked the stuffing out of us. There wasn't much between the teams yesterday, haven the better team in the 2nd half but the driving wind and rain might have had an influence in that. Gutted to lose a Derby but proud of the efforts of our very young team. UTT.

• Like 3

12 hours ago, Town0682 said:

Ok - it’s easy saying this after the game & you know the attendance. I put that on at 6.40 & it looked quiet that’s all. Didn’t say it wasn’t bouncing. Both sets of fans made a decent racket. 

It didn't look a decent gate on the telly, most of us guessed at 1100 max, we were way out obviously 🙄 

13 hours ago, chromedome said:

Driving wind and heavy rain didn't help Town in second half..

Same as Newcastle game at start of season.

Pretty much level at half time and then weather changed - and it does not suit our style of play, Driving rain behind you always suits bigger Teams.

• Like 1

Shame , these games among the little group at the bottom are huge and potentially decisive . We had the chance to move to within 2 of them , and now it’s 6 . Lots of effort but in a scrap it’s just about winning and ultimately we’re not quite good enough unfortunately 

• Like 1

After just watching the highlights on YouTube, it brings up a question I don't know the answer to. For what seemed like an age the ref stopped the game because King had cramp half way down the pitch, and it was stopped until he could continue. But when Caine had cramp in the ruck he let play continue and ironically King dummies through the hole left where Caine would have defended. So whats the protocol when it isn't an injury as such and just cramp? It probably didn't change the result but I can't see what the difference is or what the correct call is.

The race is not always to the swift nor the battle to the strong, but thats the way to bet!

7 minutes ago, The Voodooguru said:

After just watching the highlights on YouTube, it brings up a question I don't know the answer to. For what seemed like an age the ref stopped the game because King had cramp half way down the pitch, and it was stopped until he could continue. But when Caine had cramp in the ruck he let play continue and ironically King dummies through the hole left where Caine would have defended. So whats the protocol when it isn't an injury as such and just cramp? It probably didn't change the result but I can't see what the difference is or what the correct call is.

I thought that as well pal, King on floor with leg up even Oscar went and helped him  , Caine on floor foot up and play on 🤔

• Like 1

30 minutes ago, The Voodooguru said:

So whats the protocol when it isn't an injury as such and just cramp?

As far as I’m aware you don’t stop the game for cramp . The ref identifying it as a cramp and a player/ physio letting on its something else is another matter 

21 minutes ago, yanto said:

"2 on 1 steal when walker clearly took it 1 on 1"

To me that was the game changer. 

14-14..two tackles later Haven kicked a penalty.

From then on it was backs to the wall.

Small margins .😬

Absolutely, bad call for mine.

Also thought there was not not much difference between Caines tackle and the on from Aiye on Fitzy, but again only penalty decision for one, fine margins indeed 

• Like 1

3 hours ago, Hate the rec said:

But when Caine had cramp in the ruck he let play continue and ironically King dummies through the hole left where Caine would have defended. 

Didn't see that passage....must say it was nigh on impossible to see any play at that end looking from the Kells End......no way are those floodlights up to standard.   What did it look like on telly? Also what happened at the end? The hooter went, kids took to the pitch, then it seemed as though play continued ....very confusing.

22 minutes ago, chromedome said:

Didn't see that passage....must say it was nigh on impossible to see any play at that end looking from the Kells End......no way are those floodlights up to standard.   What did it look like on telly? Also what happened at the end? The hooter went, kids took to the pitch, then it seemed as though play continued ....very confusing.

The ref blew for a penalty and the hooter went right after that. They obviously have to play the penalty before the game ends. The ball steal by Walker was just that. There was 2 men in the tackle and one jumped off to let him steal. You can’t do that this season, the law changed. The way King was limping after the game suggested it was more than cramp.

26 minutes ago, Marrafan said:

The ball steal by Walker was just that. There was 2 men in the tackle and one jumped off to let him steal. You can’t do that this season, the law changed. The way King was limping after the game suggested it was more than cramp.

Did see those incidents through the gloom coz they were nearer halfway...but never saw Caine suffering prior to try as too far into the darkness.

9 hours ago, Death to the Rah Rah's said:

I think the reality is we are 5-6 signings short from a 13 that can turn competing to winning games against teams in the lower half of the table.

hopefully now Easter’s out of the way the club can bolster the ranks with some half season loans

Both teams are 5 or 6 players from being really good to me the best 17 out of both teams would be the best semi pro team in the league only leigh and fev would be better

• Like 1

51 minutes ago, donald said:

Both teams are 5 or 6 players from being really good to me the best 17 out of both teams would be the best semi pro team in the league only leigh and fev would be better

If we get relegated you can merge with us and we’ll stay in the championship 

• Haha 2

1 hour ago, chromedome said:

Was Gary McFarland the only Town Director at the match?  Just a friendly query ha.

No he wasn't, I saw one of the newer ones there, can't remember his name though  is it Mark something? 

Edit; It was Mark Cant I think....

Edited by The Voodooguru

The race is not always to the swift nor the battle to the strong, but thats the way to bet!