Sat 7th May: CCSF: Huddersfield Giants v Hull Kingston Rovers KO 17:00 (BBC Two)

Who will win?  

42 members have voted

1. 1. Who will win?

• Huddersfield Giants
    • Hull Kingston Rovers

This poll is closed to new votes

• Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.
  • Poll closed on 07/05/22 at 16:30

I just don't see the logic in having a semi-final double-header. I think it would be WAY better to have one game on the Saturday afternoon and one on the Sunday afternoon, with the ladies' game as a curtain-raiser on the Saturday.

This game also clashes with the rugby union quarter-final between Leicester and Leinster, so it won't pick up casual fans.

The RU game will be on here in our house in IE, so I'll only be able to check at HT and follow updates online.

I think Huddersfield will get through to the ''big one'' this year.

5 hours ago, Liverpool Rover said:

We may be missing some players for this game and I’m expecting it to be a close one but I think we will come out on top.

So will we, we can only play 17 players so some will miss out.

We have English, Pryce and Cogger suspended, and a couple of potential injures as well as Seb Ikahihifo who has broke his arm.

Could go either way!

1 hour ago, StandOffHalf said:

I just don't see the logic in having a semi-final double-header. I think it would be WAY better to have one game on the Saturday afternoon and one on the Sunday afternoon, with the ladies' game as a curtain-raiser on the Saturday.

This game also clashes with the rugby union quarter-final between Leicester and Leinster, so it won't pick up casual fans.

The RU game will be on here in our house in IE, so I'll only be able to check at HT and follow updates online.

I think Huddersfield will get through to the ''big one'' this year.

Huddersfield Town are at home in their last home game before the championship play offs, although it does kick off at 12.30.

But I agree, I don't like the idea of the semi finals being a mini magic weekend.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

6 hours ago, Ant said:

Side question, but I'm planning on catching all 3 games - I know concessions will be open, but can you take a flask or packed lunch into Elland Road? 

This in one pocket...

Drambuie 5 oz Stainless Steel Hip Flask NEW Promotional Black white Chevron  | eBay

...and these in another, job's a good 'un!

Quick and Easy Egg Salad Sandwich Recipe

(You may want to put the sandwiches in a plastic bag, save you a trip to the dry cleaners.)

• Like 1
  • Haha 4
                                                                     Hull FC....The Sons of God...
                                                                     (Well, we are about to be crucified on Good Friday)

3 hours ago, Old Frightful said:

This in one pocket...

Drambuie 5 oz Stainless Steel Hip Flask NEW Promotional Black white Chevron  | eBay

...and these in another, job's a good 'un!

Quick and Easy Egg Salad Sandwich Recipe

(You may want to put the sandwiches in a plastic bag, save you a trip to the dry cleaners.)

That's all very well, OF, and I hesitate to be a pedant*, but can you confirm that (i) the grain (duly processed) in the flask is responsibly sourced and (ii) there are vegan options for the sandwich?

* not true!

6 hours ago, Wiltshire Warrior Dragon said:

That's all very well, OF, and I hesitate to be a pedant*, but can you confirm that (i) the grain (duly processed) in the flask is responsibly sourced and (ii) there are vegan options for the sandwich?

A few beers before the games followed by substantial quaffing of Drambuie from said hip flask and you won't give a sh*t anyway.

• Like 1
  • Haha 3

Well, by the time this comes on the telly, we'll have been in t'Bone for around four hours so we should be suitably relaxed for it. I think this will be a fairly close and nervous encounter with both teams doing their level best to avoid a shellacking down White Hart Lane on May 28th.

Seriously though, I don't think there is much of a favourite here, both sides will fancy their chances, I just hope the result is in doubt until the last couple of minutes.

Is it GP extra time in the event of scores being level after 80 mins?

Huddersfield 18 Hull KR 19.

Really looking forward to this, been 10 years since our last semi final and we've had a pretty miserable decade apart from 2013 so those of us who are going may not be big on numbers but we will be on colour, noise and enthusiasm, this could go either way and obviously i would like us to win but just to be in these big games again is enough to make a possible defeat easier to swallow, shame it's in a dump of a stadium as a double header, it dampens the occasion for me as all our previous semi-finals have been great occasions to be involved in, as Meast said this is basically a mini magic weekend and it seems no-one apart from the diehards of each completing club are actually bothered.

• Like 1

On 05/05/2022 at 04:50, Old Frightful said:

Is it GP extra time in the event of scores being level after 80 mins?

Yes, except it just keeps playing and playing until points are scored unlike league games

• Thanks 1

Get yourselves down to the Red Hill General Store folks!!!!

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Cigi6sS7HuM&ab_channel=MrPeoplespace

• Like 1

11 hours ago, hunsletgreenandgold said:

Hull KR by 4 

Will also go for a narrow HKR win.

Noting that you are a Hunslet fan takes me back to the 40's and 50's when dad and me often watched them play in Hull.

Dad started watching as a young kid in the year Billy Batten transferred to Hull FC from Hunslet and Billy was his favourite player becoming a super star and eventually an inaugural member of the RFL Hall of Fame.

A couple of years after dad was born Hunslet beat Hull FC to win the 1907/08 Challenge Cup played at Huddersfield.

Finally in the year before I left the UK,while working in London, I went to watch Hunslet lose to Wigan in the CC final at Wembley.

• Like 4