Jump to content

Worst value for money half backs in 2022?


Worst value for money half backs in 2022?  

84 members have voted

  1. 1. Worst value for money half backs in 2022?

    • Widdop/Williams
      42
    • Reynolds/Gale
      30
    • Austin/Sezer
      12


Recommended Posts

13 hours ago, MZH said:

Reynolds and Gale must be the worst, but then I can't imagine they are being paid as much as a pairing as Widdop and Williams. So it's a close call. 

i was going to say these two, they probably aren't on as much, however they've got a much better pack in front of them than the wire 6/7 so they have no excuses.

  • Like 2
Link to comment
Share on other sites


1 hour ago, ShropshireBull said:

800k on a 2.1 salary cap.  One is probably exempt but jesus, that is painful. Would ask those much more versed in the game than me is it down to the forwards not being great and then players not being able to perform? 

Then again,  if you shell out so much Cash on two players it leaves you weaker everywhere else. 

300k on the salary cap, remember

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Next year I expect a hungry Riley Dean  playing behind a much better pack will help keep Williams off this list.

That is, of course, unless Wire sign Dufty and he turns out to be a duffer. 

This all assumes Warrington aren’t playing in the lower leagues too… Lordy, thanks be for Toulouse this year. 😕

“There is perhaps no better a demonstration of the folly of human conceits than this distant image of our tiny world.”   Carl Sagan

 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

18 hours ago, Dunbar said:

As I said in my first post, I accept that injuries play a part, and I would never blame a player for being injured, but we are talking value for money here. 

If you are happy with what Leeds have got from Austin and Sezer this year then fine.

difficult as I have no idea of salary/costs... Austin has improved recent games but needs to adjust or vary his field kicking, Sezer has been injured and not played many games this season. So I guess not playing lessens the value Leeds are getting from him.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

15 minutes ago, ShropshireBull said:

Ahh ok. Thanks. Not bad in terms of cap but ugly everywhere else. 

yup, its rumoured that williams is on ridiculous money,

 

but, i stand by my comment above, hull have a much vaunted pack and set of props, they've no excuse for their halfbacks being ineffective with that platform to work off.

  • Like 2
Link to comment
Share on other sites

1 minute ago, Barry Badrinath said:

yup, its rumoured that williams is on ridiculous money,

 

but, i stand by my comment above, hull have a much vaunted pack and set of props, they've no excuse for their halfbacks being ineffective with that platform to work off.

How long is his contract, two years?

Link to comment
Share on other sites

On 12/06/2022 at 17:33, Dallas Mead said:

I’ve gone for my boys (Widdop/Williams) mate over your boys.  Widdop has been the best out of those 4 for me, and your 2 have been diabolical, but what swings it is (a) Williams has been a massive disappointment and (b) between them they’re on allegedly £800,000 per year.  Wow.  Shocking…..

It's pretty obvious why Wigan didn't try that hard to get Williams to keep to his agreement then.

 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

On 12/06/2022 at 17:33, Dallas Mead said:

I’ve gone for my boys (Widdop/Williams) mate over your boys.  Widdop has been the best out of those 4 for me, and your 2 have been diabolical, but what swings it is (a) Williams has been a massive disappointment and (b) between them they’re on allegedly £800,000 per year.  Wow.  Shocking…..

It's pretty obvious why Wigan didn't try that hard to get Williams to keep to his agreement then.

 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

On 12/06/2022 at 17:33, Dallas Mead said:

I’ve gone for my boys (Widdop/Williams) mate over your boys.  Widdop has been the best out of those 4 for me, and your 2 have been diabolical, but what swings it is (a) Williams has been a massive disappointment and (b) between them they’re on allegedly £800,000 per year.  Wow.  Shocking…..

It's pretty obvious why Wigan didn't try that hard to get Williams to keep to his agreement then.

 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Seems like just yesterday there was a thread about Rugby League players not earning enough for playing one of the toughest sports in the world. Now we have a thread where people are angry that the players are being paid too much.

"The history of the world is the history of the triumph of the heartless over the mindless." — Sir Humphrey Appleby.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

6 minutes ago, Dunbar said:

Seems like just yesterday there was a thread about Rugby League players not earning enough for playing one of the toughest sports in the world. Now we have a thread where people are angry that the players are being paid too much.

It’s literally only a handful of people out of hundreds though.  The vast majority get a pittance for putting their bodies on the line every single week….

  • Like 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

6 minutes ago, Dallas Mead said:

It’s literally only a handful of people out of hundreds though.  The vast majority get a pittance for putting their bodies on the line every single week….

But on another thread you have said all players should be on at least £240,000 a year and yet when a player earning that isn't playing as well as we think he should be, we call it a disgrace. 

  • Like 2

"The history of the world is the history of the triumph of the heartless over the mindless." — Sir Humphrey Appleby.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

1 hour ago, Dunbar said:

But on another thread you have said all players should be on at least £240,000 a year and yet when a player earning that isn't playing as well as we think he should be, we call it a disgrace. 

This particular player is playing sheet and is (probably) the highest paid player in the game - thus the criticism.  I’m calling generally for greater pay for ALL players in the sport.  Given that the salary cap has not moved for over a decade.  Shameful.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

22 hours ago, Faithful1865 said:

I should think Wakefield, with Miller and Lino, will look at these posts and have a good chuckle. They are getting value for money.

And beating Warrington three times to boot. Plus that Golden Point win over Hull with Gale unable to drop a goal.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

19 hours ago, RigbyLuger said:

Plus that Golden Point win over Hull with Gale unable to drop a goal.

Do you mind?...I'm doing my best to forget that!

  • Haha 1

"For you, there'll be no more crying, for you the sun will be shining, and I feel that when I'm with you, it's alright, I know it's right"

                                                                                 Christine McVie 1976

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
 Share

  • Recently Browsing   0 members

    • No registered users viewing this page.
×
×
  • Create New...